Here's a shot of the Skyraider you were speaking of. I took this on my trip to the Museum of Naval Aviation at NAS Pensacola. Where my bro is now in API : ]

Skyraider-2.jpg

Heres one of an RF4 just because I like it :biggrin:

RF4.jpg

And another F-4 from VF154

F4-2.jpg

RF4.jpg

RF4s for the USMC? could they be carrierborne?

I thought that Navy operated RF-8Gs, so i supposed that marines did the same

Here's the pod on an old experiment I did -- years ago

aew12.jpg

Now that we have Raz's, with it's mulitplace cockpit, the AD-5W could be recreated, as it dosen't need the extra tail fins.

This one was to represent the AEW-1 (or as USN AD-3W) of the FAA, using MontyCZs old A-1H. The pic is showing what other things are needed. I repainted the Scooter hump for the dorsal expansion, and the 2 thingys on the tail are for the extral fins.

I'll find the bits and data stuff, and get the to you as soon as i can. It's the same 'pod' I used on the unreleased PB-1W Navy Fortress. I think I even stuck it on a TBF, but can't seem to find it....

Wrench

kevin stein

Marines used RF-4B from land bases, Well done Kevin

:biggrin:

My thoughts exactly!!!

I'm still trying to find where I put all the stuff....maybe on the external...so many installs, can't keep track of everything!

Wrench

kevin stein

AV-22C Comanche.. working on the nosesection will add a mix of a apache nose sensor arrays and MH-53 Pavelow front. A gun and two weaponstation will be added.. a combat/transport VTOL vehicle!

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

RF4.jpg

RA4 not RF4

Edit: Sorry looked like an A4 at first glance

Edited by commander

some ideas about a fighter verion upgrade!

It must be a J-8III :rofl:

Gotta say im still lookin forward to the F-111 variants your doin mate.... :lol:
While all your work is greatly appreciated I too am looking forward to the Varks! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

the 2 seater looks cool... :ok:

is that a real plane?

the 2 seater looks cool... :ok:

is that a real plane?

As I know, ths is a "What If aircraft"

The two seater JJ-8 you mean?! it was planned but never realized.. never saw some pics this is just from my imagination and experiance of aircraft designe.. but thanks for you commenst and it cool you like my projects..

JJ-8 goes out for betatesting and ini tweaking, will work on the UV mapping later. My prob is I see so many birds around and I have so many ideas about what to change,upgrade and do in a new way. SO I have no competition in this section. :boxing:

last stuff, created in 15 free minutes I had, added 2 guns cal.50 and 4 weaponstations until now planing some more. Jetengines added .. the engines will get some new look! bay still there ... hope you like this bird!

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Weaponized Osprey?

Bring it on!

I hadn't gotten the prior iteration, because there just isn't a mission for it in the 3rdwire world.

Well, recon, but it may as well be a clay pigeon in that role...

that jet engined Osprey reminds me of something.... has anyone else read the late on Dale Brown nevels with the Tin Men as part of the Air Battle Force? I Give you the Dasher tiltjet :lol:

Yes it`s a weaponised Osprey, I named it AV-22C Comanche.. I know about the RAH-66 Comanche but I thought this is a good name. Included mission profiles will be Recon, armed recon, antiship and CAS It will use some helfires and helicopter type weaponery, something like a jetengied Attacktransport vehicle. Will add Stingers too to the wingstips. I now play around with the loading, 4 hardpoints + 2x 2 Stinger missiles on the tips, or 6 hardpoints?! was thinkin about adding some weapons under the wings but not sure if I realize this! Mapping is not so difficult, cause all is grey.. hehe will see how the progrerss is... Have someone some ideas abouzt the front sensors?! Something like a CH-53?! or more like an Apache?! or maybe a mix.. It will get a decent HUD and a Night Vision, included normal Camera for observing! Works great on the radar display! I have really some fun to fly it .. increased the thrust a bit only thing that disapoint me is the ruder effect .. I need some help in this FM aspect .. it doesnt whant to turn like I want.. I need something like a engine linket to the ruder?! is it possible?! Who can help?! Flying straight and sideways is not a solution on a modern battlefield! :-)

sweet idea. Im realy looking forward to it. I would however like to keep it a prop plane (for realism sake) Nice work tho :good:

Hey Nice job on the Osprey. I was wondering if maybe you would want to place a swivling gun like that on the cobra apache and all attackhelicopters for that matter. (for realism sake)