Sign in to follow this  
Viper6

BUFF Goes Down...Silent Post

I heard that a B-52 carrying 6 crew members went down near Guam anyone have any details?

it seems 2 have been recovered, not stating their condition.

they're searching the other 4.

may god help them through this.

Oh man...always hate this. God be with them.

Wpnssgt is in Guam with his B-52's loading them. I am sure we will hear from him soon to find out whats going on.

2 bodies have been recovered so far, 4 MIA at this point. No info as to what happened but it occured rather quickly. Other than info you see on CNN I can't disclose anything else.

All in my thoughts (prayers if I was religious).

Muesli

So very sad. My heart and prayers goes out to all the families and friends of these Airmen.

As it stands right now, there is "little chance" anyone survived. One moment it was in a turn with an F-15E ahead of it coming around to join then it just disappeared. There are a pair of F-15Es doing SAR, I watch a pair head out and a pair return. A very strange feeling among eveyone here as those guys were family.

As it stands right now, there is "little chance" anyone survived. One moment it was in a turn with an F-15E ahead of it coming around to join then it just disappeared. There are a pair of F-15Es doing SAR, I watch a pair head out and a pair return. A very strange feeling among eveyone here as those guys were family.

Damn.....

S!

I know my chances in being involved in an military airplane crash are pretty slim, but every time I hear something like this, it makes me a whole lot more nervous stepping onto a C-130 or a C-17. The last time I was on a C-130, as a passenger, I was flying over Baghdad and being shot at by manpads. There's not much you can do but just sit back in your netted seat and pray. Ever since that incident, I've hated to fly, especially military.

This afternoon SAR Ops turned into Recovery Ops. Only 2 Bodies have been recovered the other 4 have been declared deceased. A memorial service is this Friday. Not the way I wanted this deployment to start. :sad:

May God welcome their souls to his loving arms.

wpssgt, you keep a sharp eye out since about the only positive thing about something like this is to renew the hard watch against complacency. Keep safe yourself and bring them all home with you soon.

:( S!

What's truly tragic is that MedGroup dep cmdr must have been up there for an incentive flight or something, he wasn't even part of the regular crew. Probably always wanted to fly in a B-52...

In regards to our fallen fellow blue suiters, the rest of this post is a silent one. Please take time to remember this crew and their families.

. :salute: