We'll fly allied planes only? Or we'll fly as Iraqui as well? The "bad boys" epic, you know.....

We'll fly allied planes only? Or we'll fly as Iraqui as well? The "bad boys" epic, you know.....

US Forces only.

Agreed, if all you want the mod for is to piece meal it apart, don't expect us to help. Our goal here is to get the mod right, not worry about what people can do with it afterwards.

Obviously, Dave. We all want the mod "right", for two good reasons, one the mod as a whole "piece of art" , historic and proper representation of the conflict. Two, for the number of toys included; rumors I heard are about a good number of nice planes and objects that will also fit in other scenarios. But this will came afterwards, in whichever ways the Community and Modders decide to go. What I meant is that it might be unerstandable wanting to use some planes and objects in installs left unpatched, assuming one feels like leaving a main install unpatched until the whole mod library gets updated, which is a progress that might take the communtiy a long time. On the other hand I agree that it sounds asking too much for some sort of "retro compatibilty"; I wasn't asking for that anyway ..but just questions in general about this mod. Still, considering the amount of planes in coalition bases, taxing in the middle of planes parked on aprons sure will add to immersion factor, and alone is a good reason to wait for patch. The AG radar will add to immersion in spotting those SCUD launchers.

Don't rush it, do it well.

If you have time don't forget Locusta. They were there, they helped.

Obviously, Dave. We all want the mod "right", for two good reasons, one the mod as a whole "piece of art" , historic and proper representation of the conflict. Two, for the number of toys included; rumors I heard are about a good number of nice planes and objects that will also fit in other scenarios. But this will came afterwards, in whichever ways the Community and Modders decide to go. What I meant is that it might be unerstandable wanting to use some planes and objects in installs left unpatched, assuming one feels like leaving a main install unpatched until the whole mod library gets updated, which is a progress that might take the communtiy a long time. On the other hand I agree that it sounds asking too much for some sort of "retro compatibilty"; I wasn't asking for that anyway ..but just questions in general about this mod. Still, considering the amount of planes in coalition bases, taxing in the middle of planes parked on aprons sure will add to immersion factor, and alone is a good reason to wait for patch. The AG radar will add to immersion in spotting those SCUD launchers.

Don't rush it, do it well.

If you have time don't forget Locusta. They were there, they helped.

And Bobrock did great skins for Tornadoes involved in locusta!

No coalition aircrafts?

Sorry I meant coalition side aircraft.

That sounds good.

not so bad that the bad planes will not be in campaign flyable.

What missions would you fly with em?

reach iranian territory and land? :biggrin:

Just to let you all know this thing is weighing in at over 1.1 GB zipped and we still have planes to add to it yet.

Sorry I meant coalition side aircraft.

All right, that was my guess but wanted to be sure I would be able to fly at tree-top level in a Tornado. :biggrin:

Ok this gone be great!! I see some nice birds flying around .. the highway of death.. and some dark smoke in the skye!!

Just to let you all know this thing is weighing in at over 1.1 GB zipped and we still have planes to add to it yet.

Awww man....1.1 GB? That'll take me almost 12 minutes to download! Waaaaaaaah!

:blink: :shock:

Dave you don't have to include full WoE install, you know, core files... man, that's a chubby mod coming!

:blink: :shock:

Dave you don't have to include full WoE install, you know, core files... man, that's a chubby mod coming!

:rofl: That is the just the terrain, planes and objects. No core files.

All right, that was my guess but wanted to be sure I would be able to fly at tree-top level in a Tornado. :biggrin:

what do you mean tree top level? mabey ground level (set a new land-speed record). there ain't any trees in iraq.

:blink:

Maybe you can do an OTC style? With the planes in another download?

Yes there are. A few, where there are some waters. But actually, I just can't remember any idiomatic expression meaning "at top of the dunes level". :biggrin:

:blink:

Maybe you can do an OTC style? With the planes in another download?

It's going to be split up into a TBD number of self-installing .exe's.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

It's going to be split up into a TBD number of self-installing .exe's.

Yep we figured about 450 separate exe's at 500K each.... :biggrin::rofl:

Yep we figured about 450 separate exe's at 500K each.... :biggrin::rofl:

Now while I would find that funny as hell,just imaginge the cries for help comming in from all over the earth.I'm thinking at least 3 on the DS team will hang themselves before the forum crashes from the strain. :wink:

S***t, I only have SFP :sorry: , I didn't found WOE in Spain, which files I have to have?

You can buy WoE from Thirdwires site

:rofl: That is the just the terrain, planes and objects. No core files.

:rofl:

Guest pfunkmusik

I fear no file.

pfunk