Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-35A Skinning Contest

Fellas this isn't a request thread. Its a contests thread. Those of you who want certain skins,

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/

Go here to learn about skinning and start skinning to enter the contest. :biggrin:

:good:

okay, my first attempt was a miserable failure. Maybe I'll try something a little less complicated. even if I do manage to cobble something up, It won't be high-res or very detailed. And the decals have been a problem.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

So....

reusing my Stargate Command decals is out???? :dntknw:

:rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

okay, my first attempt was a miserable failure. Maybe I'll try something a little less complicated. even if I do manage to cobble something up, It won't be high-res or very detailed. And the decals have been a problem.

Same here. I have a little dent in my forehead from banging it on the corner of my desk at home.

Heck, the stuff I painted won't even show up in game, and I created a new folder, added a TextureSet.ini, and nothin'. Is there a limitation on names?

I must also purchase TIME! Anyone got some for sale?

:blink:

Nice. :good:

Same here. I have a little dent in my forehead from banging it on the corner of my desk at home.

Heck, the stuff I painted won't even show up in game, and I created a new folder, added a TextureSet.ini, and nothin'. Is there a limitation on names?

No. Here's what you have to do in order to get a new skin ingame:

Create a new folder, name it whatever you want (should be short, though) Save the result of your work with the .psd files as .bmp (these should be named in the same manner as the default textures, i.e. don't save the fuselage.psd as myfuselagetexture.bmp, because then it won't be recognized!) insert a texture file and the skin should show up.

I must also purchase TIME! Anyone got some for sale?

No, I need it myself. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Go Tigers!

Nice. :good:

No. Here's what you have to do in order to get a new skin ingame:

Create a new folder, name it whatever you want (should be short, though) Save the result of your work with the .psd files as .bmp (these should be named in the same manner as the default textures, i.e. don't save the fuselage.psd as myfuselagetexture.bmp, because then it won't be recognized!) insert a texture file and the skin should show up.

No, I need it myself. :wink:

Checkerino to all of the above. Maybe I saved the bitmaps in the wrong format or summat.

I have done lots of new skins before, but usually by changing the decals only. When I get some time (Brother, can you spare a time?)

I will save the *.bmp's as a different type. (RLE not RGB?)

how about a dutch one

Hi Volker,

Very pretty, but alas, 315 Sq. and Twenthe Airbase (tailband) are no more...... All that is left is 306 (OCU), 311,312, 313, 322and 323 Sq. and with the current plans for max. 85 F35's and the ongoing operations in Afghanistan, Tsjaad or wherever some a..holes start showing Kalashnikovs, funding will be minimal so probably a couple of extra squadrons will be disbanded and airbases closed. Right now another 18 F16 MLU's will be sold in order to maintain the effort in Afghanistan.......

Just the same a fine skin (only point is that the roundel on the air intake is upside down.......)

Aju,

Derk :good:

Hi Volker,

Very pretty, but alas, 315 Sq. and Twenthe Airbase (tailband) are no more...... All that is left is 306 (OCU), 311,312, 313, 322and 323 Sq. and with the current plans for max. 85 F35's and the ongoing operations in Afghanistan, Tsjaad or wherever some a..holes start showing Kalashnikovs, funding will be minimal so probably a couple of extra squadrons will be disbanded and airbases closed. Right now another 18 F16 MLU's will be sold in order to maintain the effort in Afghanistan.......

Just the same a fine skin (only point is that the roundel on the air intake is upside down.......)

Aju,

Derk :good:

i know Derk , it was just somthing i wanted to do and purely fictional ...... but i will make one from the above mention sqn. and the roundel is corrected thanks for the hint :ok:

i know Derk , it was just somthing i wanted to do and purely fictional ...... but i will make one from the above mention sqn. and the roundel is corrected thanks for the hint :ok:

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Derk

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Derk

Derk what is the tailband for the volkel airbase 313sqn ?

Hey Volker

Let's see if this works: this is the camo/low vizz example on the F16 MLU. The high vizz one is in the same position just checkered red/white (they call it Brabants Bont). The low vizz 313Sq badge is correct at Ronan's picture.

If you need a high vizz badge just say so and I'll mail you

Aju,

Derk :yes:

Hey Volker

Let's see if this works: this is the camo/low vizz example on the F16 MLU. The high vizz one is in the same position just checkered red/white (they call it Brabants Bont). The low vizz 313Sq badge is correct at Ronan's picture.

If you need a high vizz badge just say so and I'll mail you

Aju,

Derk :yes:

By the way, I see I made it to "Senior Member". Must start saving for a wheelchair (by Martin Baker......)

Aju,

Derk :grandpa::grandpa::grandpa:

here is a 313 Squadron in a fictional tigermeet look

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Klavs81 could you give us a template with more layers (like lines, weatheared, markings, scheme..) so wee could easely make some exotic F-35s ?

here is a 313 Squadron in a fictional tigermeet look

Prize winner at Tiger Meet 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clapping::clapping: Derk

Klavs81 could you give us a template with more layers (like lines, weatheared, markings, scheme..) so wee could easely make some exotic F-35s ?

Yah, gimmie a little bit tho.

oooo... I like the tigermeet sceme. I'm trying to put the Jolly Rogers decals on the tail to see how it looks, but I'm not having much luck.

I see in the newspaper today taht Israel is to "buy" 25 F-35As at a value of US$15.2 billion. There is an option for the future purchase of 50 F-35As or F-35Bs.

Of course "buy" is inverted commas because Israel wont actually pay a penny and the poor old US taxpayer will pay the lot. Delivery to start in 2012 so I expect the other partners in the F-35 project will be told that they will have to wait even longer to take delivery of their aircraft.

LloydNB

Edited by LloydNB

I'm by no means a Picasso, but I decided to try and go ahead with this contest... I'm (aiming) for a Thunderbirds skin, and completed quite a bit (by my humble standards) today... of course, it's definetly not on par with most of the other skins available, but I think it's pretty good for a first try:

here's a pic from a test of color placement (panel lines much cleaner now)

f35_tb.jpg

My only gripe is that it most likely won't be finished by Friday.

By the way, if anyone wants it, I can upload my version of the template (100% PDN!) that has updated panel lines (and maybe later as I progress) weathering guides. :)

Lines, weathering, etc. you can do yourself, but what would be really helpful are the actual UV Maps. I really miss those right now. :blink:

Edited by Gocad

Lines, weathering, etc. you can do yourself, but what would be really helpful are the actual UV Maps. I really miss those right now. :blink:

the only template that needs an update is the one for the fuselage because the panel lines are not in an extra layer like on the other two ( wings and tails ) and i realy dont like to redraw all the panel lines

the uvw map outline is in the fuselage template as layer1

Edited by ravenclaw_007