Sign in to follow this  
johnrey

Famous WW2 quotations

I found this interesting quote I found on my PC.

The Americans cannot build airplanes, they are only good at razor blades and refrigerators. :rofl:

Herman Goering

(Assurance to Hitler)

Well, there was an odd stereotype...that bit them hard!

And I if recall propaganda about poor eyesight Japanese pilots wearing thick lens glasses.

An other propaganda slogan: "The american soldier fights only good with technological superiority on his side or with overwhelming superiority of numbers. Take them these advantages and you will see, that he is worth nothing."

From the Ardennes to the Iraq this propaganda has proven true.

You all miss those of the "owed to the few", "i´ll be back", Patton speechs and

"hey skipper, how long ago does the army aviation roundel consist on a big red dot?"

An other propaganda slogan: "The american soldier fights only good with technological superiority on his side or with overwhelming superiority of numbers. Take them these advantages and you will see, that he is worth nothing."

WTF are you trying to say? Tell you what next time we go into a village were an eight man team gos in to a village were 50-200 live your more then welcome to come along!

WTF are you trying to say? Tell you what next time we go into a village were an eight man team gos in to a village were 50-200 live your more then welcome to come along!

I think you both guys shouldn´t arge about the value of soldiers as if they were weapon systems. You try to

judge a whole country with some values that concern only individuals. People getting cowards, heros or assasins

depends on his education, his life experience and even the morning he is spending more than the flag he wears

in his arm. I think we are getting off-topic.

"You dying for country is not the way to win a war!You get the other poor bast**d to die for his country!Now that's how you win a war!"General Patton

Not famous (or serious) but a favorite of mine, from an RAF squadron leader.

'A moustach is only a moustach if it can be seen from behind.'

Edited by whirlinmerlin

"If only one bomb falls on Berlin, then my name will be Meyer!" Herrman Goering.

“Shoot first and ask questions later, and if you make a mistake, I will protect you.” - Herrman Goering

“Would you rather have butter or guns? Preparedness makes us powerful. Butter merely makes us fat.” - Herrman Goering

'A moustach is only a moustach if it can be seen from behind.'

This would be more like some scarf

Don't rewrite history. We won the battle of the bulge, and our boys were surrounded and outnumbered. And regardless of the war's outcome or politics our soldiers have always performed exceptionally in battle.

Enough with the off-topic replies on this thread already!!! :stop:

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."

General George S. Patton - (addressing to his troops before Operation Overlord) - 5th June 1944

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Don't rewrite history. We won the battle of the bulge, and our boys were surrounded and outnumbered. And regardless of the war's outcome or politics our soldiers have always performed exceptionally in battle.

You and bounder seem to have missed gepard's point. :wink:

"goddamn mutherf*cking nazi bastard c*cksucking sunsab*tches!"

-Frank O'Doherty, in letter home after getting shot in the leg by a nazi in Italy.

See attachment for another Goering quote, with response...

And I if recall propaganda about poor eyesight Japanese pilots wearing thick lens glasses.

I recall a certain British officer being quoted (I think it was in 'The World at war') during the 30's that

"The Japanese will never make good pilots, due to being carried around on their mother's backs as children"

Now whatever side of the fence you were on, you have to agree that that's just ASKING for it.

and regarding Gepards statement, most of the world considers America (regardless of the truth of the matter) to have a lack of staying power, and that they rush into conflict gung-ho without any long term plan, like in Somalia, Iraq and Afganistan.

I know that someone has to be the one to actually do something, and I'm aware that America does a lot of peacekeeping and humanitarian work that they really don't get enough credit for, but the big stuff gets the most attention.

when you think about it, all wars start the same way. Some politicians start something, knowing that no matter what happens, they can't be arrested or charged with crimes. (Unless they lose BADLY)

Two terms and an exit strategy seems to apply here

Find the enemy and shoot him down. All else is nonsense.

-Manfred Von Richtofen.

Find the enemy and shoot him down. All else is nonsense.

-Manfred Von Richtofen.

you're lost in time :rofl:

Anyway, it is the assasin instinct you need despite if it was the first or the second. Let´s say

there was a truce among them :biggrin:

Find the enemy, kill the enemy. Seems pretty damned timeless to me.

Find the enemy, kill the enemy. Seems pretty damned timeless to me.

Okay, I don't know about you guys, and I don't know if it was WW2, but Chuck Yeager...paraquoted here...

Its the player, not the flight model.

:ok:

Of course, they are both equally important, but Chuck was trying to confront the populist idea that flight model is everything. Another one...I forgot who, but probably WW1...

He who see first, wins.

Both Chuck and Forgotten tell us something that is ignored by The Sims: The air warfare environment is the beginning and end of all air combat. That environment has never been modelled in The Sims. In fact, the level of air warfare environment modelling even today can be compared to a current ground combat game that has...

No buildings.

No roads.

No trees.

No hills.

As the air warfare environment is also among the most beautiful things God created (and its a wonder how people fly in such a beautiful sky to kill each other with their machines), it is no coincidence that most people find air combat The Sims to be rather sterile, or lacking in immersion perhaps.