Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Fatal crash

Today on the morning, two Spanish Mirage F-1M (a single seater and a two seater)

collided mid-air while performing A.C.T. All the pilots were killed. I could hear them booming trough the sound barrier

from my home half an hour before it happened :sorry::salute:

They were expected to convert into Typhoons within this year

Also seven French military wer killed, and one is missing, as three days ago their helo crashed at Gabon.

Edited by macelena

Not good, I have said it before these War Machines can turn and bite their owners. It won't be the last, these people that fly defending our countries train hard, and when you train hard things like this happen. Fight like you train, train like you fight. Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

Edited by MAKO69

RIP to all, man.

It's unfortunate..... :sorry:

:salute:

RIP to all the fine fellows, God bless their families

Tragic.

Military Aviation is safer then driving to work or even crossing the street as a pedestrian.

God be kind to thier families please.

:ph34r:

S!

Its very weird. In Spain we have lost more pilots flying those Mirage F-1 than flying the F-104.

I dont get it.

Its very weird. In Spain we have lost more pilots flying those Mirage F-1 than flying the F-104.

I dont get it.

First off you gota look at how they go about flying those F-1s. Low and fast as hell. The 104s were never flown that way

RIP to the airmen and condolences to the families

Edited by triplethr3at

First off you gota look at how they go about flying those F-1s. Low and fast as hell. The 104s were never flown that way

Indeed. The matter is if drilling to that extremes if worth. These people flies below highway bridges, (watch Phantoms and Mirages moving

30 years of service at 500 knots 3 feet up @ youtube) Training too hard is know to be the main cause of attrition in NATO. Perhaps training is the

only way to stay the best, but we might balance it with peacetime casualties

EDIT Sorry if someone thougt of a new crash for bringing again this thread. I didn´t thik about it

Edited by macelena