Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

BAD DAY BAD DAY BAD DAY!

Today sucked. School was a write-off, so I came home thinking things couldn't get worse. Silly me. I had to chip the ice off the driveway (3 INCHES in some places!), and then we had to generally clean up becuse a realtor was coming through to look (we're trying to sell, but the market is kaput). I finally got on the computer, looking forward to taking my anger out on a few communist tanks, and I loaded my OV-10A for bear. En route, my flight of 2 Broncos was bounced by 6 MiGs (2 -17s and 4 -21s). Big deal, I thought. I'll just out-slow and out-turn them and knock them down with my M-60s. Unfortunately, all 6 had compiled on my wingie's tail, and as soon as I looked that direction, even from about 2 miles off, the screen froze and went black. I was presented and error report telling me that "SFP1 has encountered problems and needs to close". F*CK YOU TOO. I am now going to do homework.

This is not a "what is wrong with my system/game" thread (I know what's wrong. Everything.), it is a "Misery Loves Company" thread. Did the stars align this poorly for anybody else today?

Big Time.

Continuing from the biggest dissapointment of 2008, I wasn't totally out of the game with that girl. BUT now this other friend of mine is basically stabbing me in the back. She's trying to recruit some "hot" guy to the team to hook up with the same girl I like, meanwhile she's well aware I'm totally in love with that girl(shooting down any notion of me and her). So its a gigantic slap in the face considering how well she knows me and how I'm not the typical dog of a guy. Worse, I've got no stress relief since I'm basically living at school until we get all these papers we have to do finished.

So yeah, the universe is taking a dump on me too.

Well if you makes you feel any better, someone stole my dog, a pure breed we had for over 5 years, someone came by and stole him. Probably to sell him to a breeder...While I am sad about the dog, I really just want to find the person and have a wall to wall counseling session with them.

I finally got on the computer, looking forward to taking my anger out on a few communist tanks, and I loaded my OV-10A for bear. En route, my flight of 2 Broncos was bounced by 6 MiGs (2 -17s and 4 -21s). Big deal, I thought. I'll just out-slow and out-turn them and knock them down with my M-60s. Unfortunately, all 6 had compiled on my wingie's tail, and as soon as I looked that direction, even from about 2 miles off, the screen froze and went black. I was presented and error report telling me that "SFP1 has encountered problems and needs to close". F*CK YOU TOO.

I remember when my mother board blew, when you think things can not get any worse, they do...it's called life. But things to get better...you can count on that.

I am now going to do homework.

This is not a "what is wrong with my system/game" thread (I know what's wrong. Everything.), it is a "Misery Loves Company" thread. Did the stars align this poorly for anybody else today?

Besides having the stafford loan people after me and still looking for the crack head who took the dog..meh typical day

Big Time.

She's trying to recruit some "hot" guy to the team to hook up with the same girl I like, meanwhile she's well aware I'm totally in love with that girl(shooting down any notion of me and her).

Never take advice on dating women from women (especially friends), your man hood and common sense sound be able to handle that.

Sounds like to me this broad has loose joints, and even if you did get her, I'd bet a king's ransom she is not even worth the trouble and drama...stop digging at the bottom of the barrel and get a pair.

So its a gigantic slap in the face considering how well she knows me and how I'm not the typical dog of a guy.

Females come and go, and are a dime a dozen, however a "woman" is something you do not around ever corner.

There will be others...

Worse, I've got no stress relief since I'm basically living at school until we get all these papers we have to do finished.

So yeah, the universe is taking a dump on me too.

Remember there is always someone else who has it far worse than you....far worse.

Remember there is always someone else who has it far worse than you....far worse.

Yeah, like this guy when he wakes up from the hangover...

Yesterday, 8AM, Bus Station, 50 KM / 30 miles from home. Spent all

night deployed on Disco Alley. Drunk, deaf, missed the best chance to get laid ever

(she gets next to you, asks, and you say "sorry what?" three times, until she leaves and you learn

what she meant) after the joking by my fellas, i get to hear a female friend telling me how she missed some

simmilar, but more romantic chance.

Then when i make it home, i can´t sleep cause i hear some noise, like Betty and IR growl combined, so I get

to the forum and see the thread "so you had a bad day" (another one) and i think WTF? i´m still able

to miss chances, i mean i was partying

EDIT: video link no longer available

Edited by macelena

Well life sucks then you die so is the way of life

Is this the "cup's half empty" thread?

You're upright, alive, and nobody shot at you today.

All the rest falls under the category, "S**t happens".

Good thing you guys are tough or the rest of us would have to read more and more about your sufferings.

How would you like to wake up as the next Hamas waddie selected for a "martyr" mission or in 10,000 other less fortunate circumstances than your own?

Not a lot of sympathy or mercy here.

Suck it up and go.

Is this the "cup's half empty" thread?

Don't you know bitchin is fun!   :punish2:

But I agree with you. If I have enough money for food, and don't have cancer, then I'm having a fine day.

I'm a pessimist at heart so what can go wrong will go wrong. When things do go awry I just count my blessings and move on. Theres no sense in dwelling on things that have happened in the past and can't be changed. I have shelter, food and family and am grateful to have this and so much more. Too many times we get hung up on the trivial, unnessary things in life. We in the "civilized" world live a life of privilege and safety that many in the world do not have and we tend to allow this to complicate our lives far too much. I've been to many different places and seen the truth of this. Even when everything seems bad it all works out in the end.

This isn't really aimed at anyone, it's just my take on things.

Besides, it could always be worse... at least your mom didn't tell you she and your sister were crack ho's, your dad was their pimp/dealer and he wants you to take over the family business. Oh, and you don't have anyone trying to kill you with Automatic weapons, Mortars, Rockets and RPG's on a daily basis... and you don't have to collect refridgerator boxes to live in because it's really drafty under the bridge... and the list could go on and on. It could be so much worse.

You know, I'm just not sure of the purpose of this thread.

There is true tragedy out there every day. Exposing your issues usually causes two things:

1) It turns into a "Who had a crappier day" contest...

2) Posters start firing back with "Get a reality check" posts...

Either or both ways, the thread usually starts going badly because someone gets annoyed and the flames start.

I'm going to say this...while misery loves company...company usually doesn't love misery back.

I'm keeping this thread open...for now.

FC

The following did not happen in one day, but it all happened in the same week.

About a year and a half ago I was a bit low on money because first off I did lend my dad some money for car repairs. Then my washing machine exploded so I bought a new one. Well actually the drum came loose during centrifuge drying so there was no real combustion of anything but I imagine its the closest thing to exploding that a washing machine may do. I also had to pull 4 teeth and have jaw surgery. My PC monitor died, and warranty had just run out so I borrwed another from a friend. Then the video card died and I replaced that with an older one. My wireless router stopped working. I called the tech support for that router, had to wait about 30 minutes in line, and when a techie finally got to me we spoke for about 15-20 seconds before the phone died too.

Somewhere among all this the hinge to my Nintendo DS Lite broke off.

Not trying to get anyone to feel sorry for me, but I think there is possibly some humor in there.

1) It turns into a "Who had a crappier day" contest...

I had a protein shake this morning, and a bowl of chili for lunch. :blush:

Edited by ironroad

lol well that makes for a "crappy" day.

Even if it turns into a crappier day contest, it helps to get things off your chest.

Whoops, sorry guys. I didn't mean to start a useless thread that causes conflict, I just needed to blow off some steam. I suppose I didn't anticipate the possible outcomes of this thread, next time I'll just call a friend. And it is very true that company does not like misery. Perhaps this thread is better off closed.

I'll trump all of you. I spent the day (19th) in divorce court! Not a fun day at all.

I have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, a refrigerator full of food, a beautiful woman and a fine son to share it all with. And we are all in perfect health.

Other then that, life pretty much sucks. :biggrin:

This is neither here nor there, but I have a mullet at the moment. There, I said it. Feels liberating. :yes:

This is neither here nor there, but I have a mullet at the moment. There, I said it. Feels liberating. :yes:

:blink:

From now on, If I'm ever feeling down, I can always look at myself and say "Well, at least I don't have a mullet."

No offence SW. :tongue:

In fact, from now on, I'm lowering my standards. As long as I don't get shot at and don't have a near-death experience, It's a good day. Now I just hope that these gang conflicts here get worked out.

Okay, dude, that just ain't right...

:biggrin:

Fates, sorry to hear about that man. I know far too many folks in the same boat (I've flown with a LOT of Captains who've had that checkout program...).

FC

Whoops, sorry guys. I didn't mean to start a useless thread that causes conflict, I just needed to blow off some steam. I suppose I didn't anticipate the possible outcomes of this thread, next time I'll just call a friend. And it is very true that company does not like misery. Perhaps this thread is better off closed.

Better off open.

Hey you never know. A brother member might post because he's kicking rocks because he lost his job making widgets. Another member can't find enough widget makers in a place that the first members significant other always dreamed of moving to. If this dry internet "Pub" has anything in common with a real local watering hole, folks will talk about both good and bad and network.

I believe the temperance movement in America was more about keeping men from communicating and organizing as a group then dealing with alcholism.

How about some imagery?

My gripe today is I'm hung up in the eastern sierra with a very cold rain watching snow melt. Mrs Lima is going to Fontucky to go watch Nascar racing with our friends

:ph34r: CL

Better off open.

Hey you never know. A brother member might post because he's kicking rocks because he lost his job making widgets. Another member can't find enough widget makers in a place that the first members significant other always dreamed of moving to. If this dry internet "Pub" has anything in common with a real local watering hole, folks will talk about both good and bad and network.

You are wise :grandpa: , sir

Guys the best way to deal with these feelings is to go and blow things up. (In the virtual world). Always works for me and ive had a pretty tough time recently too. Nothing better than seeing a smoking hole in the ground where a nice beautiful comm building used to be after a hard day!!!!!

Mike

Guys the best way to deal with these feelings is to go and blow things up. (In the virtual world). Always works for me and ive had a pretty tough time recently too. Nothing better than seeing a smoking hole in the ground where a nice beautiful comm building used to be after a hard day!!!!!

Mike

Oh Yah! when Captain Chuck has a bad day Bombs drop in SEA.

:ph34r: CL