Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

A civil mod for TK's sims

Here the water effects after some trials. Need again a good amount of refinements.

The "weapon" of choice is a cluster rocket with a near 0 g engine.

post-16385-1238420063_thumb.jpg

post-16385-1238420071_thumb.jpg

post-16385-1238420078_thumb.jpg

Here the water effects after some trials. Need again a good amount of refinements.

Good Work Spillo. It is not that far from a real one. Need to be "buffed up" , made bigger, that is, but this is awesome job, thank you

YES :yahoo: Great work :good:

Looks pretty cool!! I saw the Canadairs of the Spanish Air Force replenishing from the city river almost every year

I think we need to build our own civil planes in HD ;-)

Like this?

29l0i1w.jpg

Pitts S-2A/B

Edited by starfighter2

Nice water effect, Spillone. Much better than all i have made so far.

Sign me up for this one!!! I can help with .ini editing if needed.

This is one of my favorite painte schemes. They used to fly over my house all the time:

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres...irpj1qGCpRCu4_w

There was another plane that had the same scheme, but it looked much more similar to an A-26 (not an S-2). Can't find a pic of it right now...

Edited by malibu43

and with a few simple data ini edits (ie: remove component trick), you can remove all the guns off Richard Dryfes's Invader...or Brad Johnsons too. :biggrin:

wrench

kevin stein

Ah ha! It was a Neptune!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment....hmentid=1371048

...memories...

I was thinking about this mod more, and wondering if we can get a runway made to look look like water (or maybe invisible, I that's already out there...) and then place some runways on a lake tile. Then we just add some Canadair's and PBY's with invisible landing gear, and now we have planes that can re-fill the water tanks by skimming a lake. We would also need some way to link a spray effect to the invisible landing gear's contact with the invisible runway.

I'm getting really pumped for this (potential) mod!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=80...p;v=Qlrpvkp59kA

20.jpg

Edited by malibu43

and with a few simple data ini edits (ie: remove component trick), you can remove all the guns off Richard Dryfes's Invader...or Brad Johnsons too. :biggrin:

wrench

kevin stein

Sometimes we use the same frequency :biggrin:

post-16385-1238445696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spillone104

Wondering If is possible to have seaplanes in SF series so we can simulate taking water

Yeah, it's possible. There are some WWII floatplanes out there.

This is a great adaptation of a flexible game engine.

I don't think TK ever intended or considered the possibility of his sim being used for this...

But I can assure you there is a market for it.

Another lone developer (the one that made Xtreme Air Racing) already sold a firefighting sim for training based on that engine.

I am pretty sure TK's engine stomps the Xtreme Air Racing game engine in both realism and moddability.

Maybe TK needs to see this as well as the industry that would benefit from it :)

OK Gruppe,

This is what I know about USAnian aircraft involved in wildland fire suppression and WOX.

Here is what we have:

AirTankers:

A-26 Invader

B-25 Mitchal

PB4Y Priviteer

C-119

C-130 Hercules

F7F Tigercat

S-2 Tracker

TBF Avenger

P-3 Orion

Air Attack / Lead Planes:

Beachcraft King Air

OV-10 Bronco

AH-1 Cobra

Jump Ships:

DC-3 / C-47

Helos:

Bell jet ranger

H-34 Seahorse

H-3 Seaking

UH-1 and beyond

UH-60 Xxxhawk

No Have:

Airtankers:

Airtractor AT-802F Single Engine Air Tanker (SEATS)

AJ Savage

B-17 Flying Fortress

DC-4, DC-6, DC-7

Lockheed Electra

P-2V Neptune

De Havilland Otter or Beaver (The Great Lakes best kept secret)

PBY Catalina

Martin Mars

Jump Ships:

De Havilland Sherpa

De Havilland Twin Otter

Helos:

H-46 Seaknight

H-47 Chinook

H-54 Sky Crane

Perhaps I've missed a couple.

Thats a pretty bitchin' head start for anybody starting a new mod.

Count me in when the SEATs gets moded.

:ph34r: CL

Up here we have some big fires (some of my friends houses were burnt down in the Okanagan Mountian Park fire back in '03), and we had the CL-415s and the Martin Mars droning around, but the most common bombers were Convair CV-540s (with turboprops, of course) that had fire retardant tanks in a bulge under the fuselage. The body is pretty much the same as that of the electra, but the wing is longer and there are only 2 engines. If somebody plans on making an Electra, perhaps they could take the extra time to make an extra versionwith twin engines and longer wings..?

Some more progress with the water effect and a totally demilitarized A-26B.

post-16385-1238520215_thumb.jpg

post-16385-1238520226_thumb.jpg

post-16385-1238520234_thumb.jpg

Great. Only that word: Great!

Its exactly what i'm looking for!

spillone: I take you already have all the mesh names?? :biggrin: don't forget the HVAR rails/pylons under the wings

wrench

kevin stein

This looks great! Thx for your work! Wings of Emergency is coming

Closer than what you think... working on the CL215

This is a great adaptation of a flexible game engine.

I don't think TK ever intended or considered the possibility of his sim being used for this...

But I can assure you there is a market for it.

Another lone developer (the one that made Xtreme Air Racing) already sold a firefighting sim for training based on that engine.

I am pretty sure TK's engine stomps the Xtreme Air Racing game engine in both realism and moddability.

Maybe TK needs to see this as well as the industry that would benefit from it :)

Streak this has been in the drawer for a while until Gepard raised the interst again.

Indeed TK should see this, we 'd be honoured.

Can you please post alink to the sim you mentioned though, I am familiar with xtreme air racing and wonder what they did

And spillone, after yesterday's trials, the water-drop effect is coming out really well,, , thank you

Edited by Canadair

Up here we have some big fires (some of my friends houses were burnt down in the Okanagan Mountian Park fire back in '03), and we had the CL-415s and the Martin Mars droning around, but the most common bombers were Convair CV-540s (with turboprops, of course) that had fire retardant tanks in a bulge under the fuselage. The body is pretty much the same as that of the electra, but the wing is longer and there are only 2 engines. If somebody plans on making an Electra, perhaps they could take the extra time to make an extra versionwith twin engines and longer wings..?

Minor correction, they are Convair 580s. The 540 was an aborted modification only taken up by a very few people that converted a Convair 340 or 440 to a 540 by hanging a pair of Napier Eland turboprops on the aircraft. The only aircraft built were those for the Royal Canadian Air Force as the Comopolitan I. They only lasted a few years before being modified with the more successful Allison 501D turboprop (civilian version of the Allison T56 on the C-130 Hercules & P-3 Orion and also used on the L188 Electra) to make the Convair 580. The only other turboprop models were the Convair converted Convair 600 (converted from a Convair 240) and the Convair 640 (converted from a Convair 340 or 440) that put a pair of Rolls Royce Dart turboprops on the aircraft. This conversion was somewhat successful, but was not nearly as capable as the Convair 580 conversion.

The current Conair CV-580 Firebombers are some of the most capable turboprop tankers in the world right now as they can carry more retardant than the CL-415 and are able to make it into locations much tighter than can the Electras.

Minor correction, they are Convair 580s. The 540 was an aborted modification only taken up by a very few people that converted a Convair 340 or 440 to a 540 by hanging a pair of Napier Eland turboprops on the aircraft. The only aircraft built were those for the Royal Canadian Air Force as the Comopolitan I. They only lasted a few years before being modified with the more successful Allison 501D turboprop (civilian version of the Allison T56 on the C-130 Hercules & P-3 Orion and also used on the L188 Electra) to make the Convair 580. The only other turboprop models were the Convair converted Convair 600 (converted from a Convair 240) and the Convair 640 (converted from a Convair 340 or 440) that put a pair of Rolls Royce Dart turboprops on the aircraft. This conversion was somewhat successful, but was not nearly as capable as the Convair 580 conversion.

The current Conair CV-580 Firebombers are some of the most capable turboprop tankers in the world right now as they can carry more retardant than the CL-415 and are able to make it into locations much tighter than can the Electras.

Right you are! Typo on my part. I was talking about the 580 with the allisons, and you are very right about them being so capable. There is also the CV-5800, a stretched version built by Flightcraft, a civil contractor. My own father used to install the wiring harnesses into those panes. He now runs a convair 580 simulator as part of his job, and that's why I would like to see this plane in a TW sim. I have a FS2002 model on a CD somewhere around here...

Hey, I have an Electra in the works...

Also, I would like to make a Beriev Be-200, thus we'll have a Russian jet (fire)fighter :tongue: