Sign in to follow this  
Dornil

Awards system

Not sure, i see those ääää:s and ööö:s :)

Hey - does that work with those special letters? Does everyone in England and America

see those letters with dots upon, or do you get strange replacements?

Hey that really great because the new medals and their certificate do look like they did back in the days.Here an example..

post-46021-1248122566_thumb.jpg

..of the certificate for the Honor Goblet given to Hans Pippart, who had scored 22 kills at the time of his death on August 11 1918.

Looks quite similar,he? :good:

Paarma, beautiful work Sir, and I can appreciate just how much time and effort you've been putting into these. I eagerly look forward to seeing them in the newest release.

:good:

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I have really put much time for medals and doing lot research collecting material. But thats very teaching. Im sure we all going to love it in the future addon.

Yep, Paarma has really put a huge effort, and months worth of work into this. He had a vision, and though we knew what he was up to, and seen bits and pieces of it, seeing

them as they will be awarded has been astonishing. They really are quite beautiful.

Bravo Paarma! :worship:

Certainly another leap up for P4, these look stunning guys, well done Paarma.

Paarma, indeed: great job! I'm really looking forward to the next step! :groupwave:

at risk of derailing this thread...

Pol, what is that curious object you are using for an avatar? :dntknw:

Could it perchance be a new Lewis drum, with I'd like to point out clearly visible bullets all in nice spiral ;) ... oh the little things that please me.

Could it perchance be a new Lewis drum, with I'd like to point out clearly visible bullets all in nice spiral ;) ... oh the little things that please me.

So you're not out investigating crop circles then? :biggrin:

Simply amazing work on those medals. First class details all the way. I shouldn't be suprised by the quality P4 will exhibit, but somehow you guys always find a way to top my already considerably high expectations. You know trying to earn those beautiful medals is going to make a lot of people lose a lot of sleep! I suspect the pride of DiD pilots who earn one of those will be unsurpassed. Stunning work.

Hellshade

Lol Duce, maybe I know I'm seeing circles after spending days on that thing ;)

Yes these medals now you'll want to do well survive and get the kills, so you can have those lovely medals ;)

Paarma,

I know this topic is very old but i have only seen it this morning 7 months later.....

Wow, the new awards system is going to be great. Well done Sir.

Morris

Thanks Morris. Im happy to see that these award system seems to interest many people. I can say that it is important to me too. Just not yet we cant release p4 pics of manager.

All the best

Arto

Paarma,

I know this topic is very old but i have only seen it this morning 7 months later.....

Wow, the new awards system is going to be great. Well done Sir.

Morris

These look as good as ever. :drinks:

I hope recon/bomber pilots are not forgotten when giving out awards. Shooting down aircraft was not the only way one could do great service in the war. In P3, two-seater pilots are treated like fighter pilots. If things are better in P4, it would make the sim even better and more immersive than anything else out there. :cool:

UncleAl, the German equivalent for the Purple Heart (which is the oldest wounded badge), was the "Verwundeten-Abzeichen"

Kaiser Wilhelm II. founded the Verwundeten-Abzeichen (Wounded Badge) on 3 March 1918 for all troops, incl. aviators.

There were three versions:

- Black = wounded 1 or 2 times

- Silver = wounded 3 or 4 times

- Gold = wounded 5 or more times

Edited by Olham

Was that a question? Well, here is WIKI anyway. It's in English, cause here the English and German versions

are equally detailed. On other German matters, the German version is often much more detailed.

http://en.wikipedia...._le_M%C3%A9rite

This part is interesting for our sim / Quote Wikipedia:

By World War I, the oak leaves often indicated a second or higher award of the Pour le Mérite,

though in most cases the recipients were still high-ranking officers (usually distinguished

field commanders fitting the criteria above; the few lower ranking recipients of the oak leaves

were mainly general staff officers responsible for planning a victorious battle or campaign).

In early 1918, it was proposed to award the oak leaves to Germany's top flying ace, Manfred

von Richthofen, but he was deemed ineligible under a strict reading of the regulations.

Instead, Prussia awarded von Richthofen a slightly less prestigious honor, the Order of the

Red Eagle, 3rd Class with Crown and Swords. This was still a high honor, as the 3rd Class

was normally awarded to colonels and lieutenant colonels, and von Richthofen's award was

one of only two of the 3rd Class with Crown and Swords during World War I.

Edited by Olham

Holy crap Paarma. That is stunningly beautiful work. Now people are really going to curse when their claims are rejected and it keeps them from earning one of those lovely medals.

But no, Olham, Winder should definately not hand them out before Phase 4. I have the feeling P4 will be an even bigger leap forward over P3 in immersion and authenticity than P3 was from P2. I wouldn't want to chip away at all that hard work and detract from the joy of finding so many new suprises when it releases. Let them unveil the masterpeice all at once, I say. Besides, the 1.32 superpatch was already a limited preview of P4.

Hellshade

Hellshade: But no, Olham, Winder should definately not hand them out before Phase 4.

Did I say anything else? I think, not???

No, I can wait for a good job to get really accomplished - other than so many other games.

They look wonderful - we should get Winder to hand them out BEFORE Phase 4.

Sorry, Olham. I took the above post to mean you wanted Winder to put them in a P3 patch. But I am running on 3 hours of sleep today so my apologies for not seeing that that post was made long ago.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

OH, MY! I'm away for a little while and come back to see these wonderful pieces of art! Beautiful job Paarma!

P4 is going to be an absolute stunner for sure! :good:

Olham,

If you get a gold medal from the Kaiser you must be a CAT.

- Gold = wounded 5 or more times

I would just settle for the black medal pls Herr Kaiser.

m