Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Strike Fighters 2: Israel RELEASE

Any new airfields?

Looks like the netz was remapped: I went to see if the First jet Squadron skin I did would fit on the new Netz. Since the new stock paintscheme is a that of a mid to late 80s Netz, I put the old bmps in there as well. Well, it does fit, but some parts, including the two air intakes for the engine, the nose gear scissors and the landing light were off.

I got the Vietnam terrain to work, but not the South Vietnam terrain.

Will you be putting all the step-by-step details in the knowledge base? I've got a heavily modded Desert terrain in SF2 that's in need of serious attention help.gif

Ultramax, I do not think TK intended for us to have to repack an entire terrain back into a cat file. I am sure its something he missed and will fix it with a patch. So no, its not worth the time put it in the knowledge base when I am very sure it will be irrelevant.

Ultramax, I do not think TK intended for us to have to repack an entire terrain back into a cat file. I am sure its something he missed and will fix it with a patch. So no, its not worth the time put it in the knowledge base when I am very sure it will be irrelevant.

Understood. TK said something about an upcoming patch over on the third wire forum. Maybe it's just me being a little impatient, eh?!

Maybe it's just me being a little impatient, eh?!

Very much so.

Hi fellas. I just got this and am having a blast!

Real world tactics are working. Had a mig-19 on the tail of my F4, so I do what the F4 does best and blast off straight up. I watch over my shoulder nervously as he tries to keep up. At around 24K feet his wing dips, and he stalls. I nose over, dive through the clouds onto his 6 and knock him out with a heater.

I've been spending most of my time hitting ground targets with the Mirage, then gunning down the migs that come up to meet us. Its pretty amazing how Israel wiped Egypts tail in this bird. Putting bombs on target is no easy task. I have it figured out now though.

I have all the other sims to be had, but this one has the best gameplay by far. I'm probly going to have to get the Vietnam SF now. (this is my first SF).

I have stutters on a high end rig too, had to bump down terrain setting to medium to get good frames. Should I be tweaking something different (Vista rig).

Dave, you and I are neighbors, I'm in Hamilton.

Howdy Richard.

Does the Kfir feel much different to the Mirage III?

Yep.

Sweet. Dunno why, but the Kfir has always been one of those 'it' planes for me. Well, up to the C7 anyway. The C10 looks like it's had an awkward and unfortunate nose job. Pity.

I've been spending most of my time hitting ground targets with the Mirage, then gunning down the migs that come up to meet us. Its pretty amazing how Israel wiped Egypts tail in this bird. Putting bombs on target is no easy task. I have it figured out now though.

I'm a tactics whore - What's your technique?

Hi, anyone having a laggy mouse in the selection screens? it is waaay slow moving cursor around plane selection or single mission screen and others. thx.

From SF2I manual:

Kfir C1 [Strike Fighters 2 Isarel]

The Kfir C1 is the initial production version, externally similar to the Mirage 5 except the engine and additional ram intake. The original Kfir is renamed Kfir C1 after the Kfir C2 version entered service. Although Kfir has a higher thrust than Mirages, it is also heavier and less maneuverable, and it quickly became known as "Kfir Brick" by Mirage pilots.

I'm a tactics whore - What's your technique?

Well, I was putting the target between the pipper and bottom of the hud in about 30 degree dive, very low drop. Worked well in the IL2 Stuka. In SF, bombs on target half the time.

But I just read the SF bombing article over at simhq, and I'm gonna have a go at that and see if I can do better.

Its real hard to focus on bombing a hangar (mission objective) though, when the airport tarmac is full of parked planes.

Hurra.. !!!! all my terrains work againe :clapping:

and yes i have a merged installation SF2/SF2V/SF2E7SF2I , one thing i found some 3rd party aircraft dont work anymore for example the F-4E Phantom II - ARN (79) and F-4E Phantom II - ARN (86) if you try to fly this aircraft all you will see are the weapons and the afterburner

to change this you have to extract the ObjectData003.cat and copy the F-4E_72_lod2.lod , F-4E_72_lod3.lod , F-4E_72_lod4.lod and F-4E_72_lod5.lod in to each of the aircaft´s folder

for some reason the game no longer looks for the lod´s in to the object.cat , maybe because the lod name are not the same or you can not put a single lod in to the aircraft folder and the others in to the object.cat

[LOD001]

Filename=F-4E_ARN.lod

Distance=150

[LOD002]

Filename=F-4E_72_lod2.lod

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=F-4E_72_lod3.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=F-4E_72_lod4.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=F-4E_72_lod5.lod

Distance=10000

Stupid little frustrating things....Tried the packing things in the CAT with the madagascar terrain to see if trees and textures would show, didn't work.

Just what did we get for this frustration? I haven't seen anything different with IsraelME or any stock models.

SF2: Israel looks awesome!!

I have a simple question: are the pilot voices in Hebrew or still in English like in WOI?

If not, is there a mod to change this? I did a search a while ago for WOI but couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance for answers :)

They're still in English and no mod is available (or at least none that I'm aware of). I guess re-recording every single soundfile is just to much work.

They're still in English and no mod is available (or at least none that I'm aware of). I guess re-recording every single soundfile is just to much work.

It's a pity...

Anyway thanks for answering :)

Stupid little frustrating things....Tried the packing things in the CAT with the madagascar terrain to see if trees and textures would show, didn't work.

Just what did we get for this frustration? I haven't seen anything different with IsraelME or any stock models.

i have to agree , the only thing i gained is a lot off more work adjusting everything to work again , one thing with the terrains , i for one rename all the ini files to the name of the terrain for example SouthVietnam

-SouthVietnam.cat

-SouthVietnam.HFD

-ShoutVietnam.TFD

-SouthVietnam.ini

-SouthVietnam_data.ini

-SouthVietnam_Targets.ini

-SouthVietnam_Types.ini

-SouthVietnam_Movement.ini

-SouthVietnam_Dogfight.ini

-SouthVietnam_Briefing.ini

IMPORTANT---the same changes you have to make in your Shoutvietnam.ini---IMPORTANT

and the EffectShader are no longer in the .cat files so you have to copy them in to befor you pack your new terrain

-TERFARTERRAINEFFECTDX9.FX

-TERTERRAINEFFECTDX9.FX

-TERWATEREFFECTDX9.FX

if you do it like this for each terrain than the trees should show up with no problem and also the wide sky should work again , but you have a lot of work

after you have finish this remove your moded terrain folder and put them in a save place maybe you need them in the future after a patch comes up but for now all you need are the terrains as .cat file in your SF2 main installation

...Interesting. Got Germany to work flawlessly. Yet the split vietnams crash. AE has the TOD objects but there's no alpha on the trees, resulting in square blocks.