Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Strike Fighters 2: Israel RELEASE

yes i know i takes some time to get all terraine working and it is very easy to make a mistake to , or miss a file , maybe TK thought we needed an other challenge :grin:

remeber you have to make one .cat file for VietnamSEA and one for SouthVietnam each the way i mention above , and you better remove the mod. terrain folder i had some problems with my germany terrain´s because of this folder , after i removed it all worked

Edited by ravenclaw_007

ravenclaw_007:

Actually, you do not need to build two new CAT files for the split North/South Vietnam terrains -- only one. See my two posts on page 5 of this thread:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/48557-strike-fighters-2-israel-release/page__st__80__p__349884entry349884

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/48557-strike-fighters-2-israel-release/page__st__80__p__349907entry349907

TK has acknowleged that there is a bug that is preventing third-party terrains from being properly picked up and used. I would expect him to release a fix for this at some point.

Eric L. Howes

Yep that is why I am not jumping through hoops to get all my stuff working. You all should wait or you are going to be doing alot of work for nothing.

Things I don't remember seeing before :blink:

Plane wreck seems to actually lie on the terrain instead of being placed at some point horizontally.

Wingmen landing behind you without being yelled "return to base" or running out of fuel. I got used to seeing them all fly by and in circles after I land. Today I had 3 other Kfirs (rejoined after strike) with me as I went through all final waypoints and landed. Then remembered to tell them and Two RTB. F6-ed to Two and saw that he was on final approach with gear down, but after hearing RTB, retracted gear and went for a re-run.

I know somebody'll tell me it's been there all along, but :dntknw:

I know somebody'll tell me it's been there all along, but :dntknw:

Its been there all along. :lol:

Nah, the wreck thing is definitely new :tongue: In SF2E an F-15 crashed into terrain could leave its wreck hovering at ~5m AGL. Now I see a Mirage smashed against a mountain and it actually is on the slope. Must be the reason for short-range z-buffer fighting between wreck and airfield concrete.

Nah, the wreck thing is definitely new :tongue: In SF2E an F-15 crashed into terrain could leave its wreck hovering at ~5m AGL.

didn't notice this on sf2 i

will check again

No peace treaties in TW world :grin:

Got jumped by those and shot down by MiG-17 on my F-16 :rofl:

img00550.JPG

Hi guys,

I just purchased Wings Over Israel 2 but, I seem to be experiencing a strange graphical anomaly with this game that I have not experienced with Wings Over Europe 2 or Wings Over Vietnam 2. Check out the screen shot below. I'm getting strange pixelization of each aircraft I fly in Wings Over Israel 2 but, none of the other version 2 games. Anyone have an idea what may be causing this? I searched the forum to see if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue but, found nothing.

gallery_9359_342_228374.jpg

I've never seen anything like that.

Looks like that grey-beard needs a shave!

You have, of course, checked for latest drivers, etc.

What makes it so odd is that it isn't all over, just the grey bits.

I still get cloud tearing, but don't get peeved enough to diligently search a fix.

Try changing shadows from high/medium to the other...

Edited by Spectre_USA

If you have FSAA turned on, try turning it off. If you have transparency/alpha texture FSAA on, turn that off first.

I get a similar effect in Arma 2 if I turn on transparency FSAA with the trees/foliage. It seems to be a driver/shader bug with some drivers and programs.

If you have FSAA turned on, try turning it off. If you have transparency/alpha texture FSAA on, turn that off first.

I get a similar effect in Arma 2 if I turn on transparency FSAA with the trees/foliage. It seems to be a driver/shader bug with some drivers and programs.

Okay... enlighten me. What is FSAA?

Full Screen Anti-Aliasing, graphic card setting that smooths jaged edges in the image.

Now someone enlighten me, what is transparency/alpha texture FSAA? Are you talking about supersampling and multisampling?

No, although SS usually does it by default as it renders the entire screen and then downsizes it while MS is just the edges.

Objects like fences, leaves, powerlines, girders, etc that are rendered as a solid polygon but then have a clear texture in it that lets you see through it won't be affected by MS because they're not polygon edges. Both ATI and nvidia have this in their drivers now. It's called transparency FSAA in one and I forget what it's called in the other. In nvidia, you have 3 choices for it--off, SS, or MS. This is independent of the main FSAA setting, but I believe the main FSAA does have to be at least activated. You can do MS on everything but those textures and then set them to SS, for example.

Just bought SF2:I. So far, noticed better frame rates on mah' ATI card, which is nice. Germany works flawlessly for me, just did an F-14/A-4/F-4 recce mission that turned out well. Noticed HUD problems, but these were already noted, so I'll be going thru what's been written. Yet again, satasfied customer here. TK rocks.

Edit: Yep, MigBuster's solution worked on the HUD!

Edited by Caesar

I'm still suffering stutters even with my new System (i7 860, 4G DDR3 1600, GTX275 runs on 7 64 bits)and the new patch.

So i'm not so happy as customer :blink:

Maybe it's a Nvidia issue ?

I'm still suffering stutters even with my new System (i7 860, 4G DDR3 1600, GTX275 runs on 7 64 bits)and the new patch.

runs fine on my nVidia 7600gs.

I've had to dial down a few items to get the performance.

1) Do not use the HDR mod. With advanced shaders enabled, you do not need it.

2) Use it in a merged install, and run it from the SF2.exe (or, the .exe of whichever title is the master in your merged install).

So i'm not so happy as customer blink.gif

Jat

I am running a quad core, 4 GB RAM, GTX285, all unlimited settings, X16 FSAA and X16AA, Win 7 64 bit and it doesnt even hiccup. You have the latest vid card drivers?

191.07 yes.

I don't use HDR, when i activate the info on the HUD the FPS goes from 11 to 300 and more.

When stuttering the FPS displayed seems high. The stuttering doesn't occur all the time, and i didn't find what cause it.

Maybe it's my Nvidia parameters ?

Dave could you post yours please ?

191.07 yes.

I don't use HDR, when i activate the info on the HUD the FPS goes from 11 to 300 and more.

When stuttering the FPS displayed seems high. The stuttering doesn't occur all the time, and i didn't find what cause it.

Maybe it's my Nvidia parameters ?

Dave could you post yours please ?

I did, I have the latest drivers, X16 FSAA, X16 AA. GTX 285.

What about the other parameters in the Nvidia Control Panel ?