Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Strike Fighters 2: Israel RELEASE

I've found the ammo option in SF2I to be greyed out and not active for all airplanes. Tough, the guns are functioning normally.

Is it only with me?

gallery_44010_362_60133.jpg

Same here. I never used it anywhay though...

Were both fire and smoke blown by the wind before?

Same here. I never used it anywhay though...

Were both fire and smoke blown by the wind before?

Greyed out too.

They were blown by wind, effect dependant.

As for the new glow effect, I saw it two times, but I have this little effect bug too:

I STILL (first time in SF2:V) have the strange stutter using Advanced Shaders, which makes it not so playable :blink:

I STILL (first time in SF2:V) have the strange stutter using Advanced Shaders, which makes it not so playable :blink:

Yeah, same problem here (GTX 275 on Win7).

8800GT 512 Win7 and stutters, old method of disabling advanced shaders helps (but reduces framerate by half!)

no stutter for me

radeon 4870 512mo on win7

Win7 and 4850 here, smooth as silk. All settings high or unlimited :drinks:

Edited by haukka81(Fin)

Can someone confirm this one: No blackout/redout when using AdvancedShaders?

Also something's very, very wrong with the new bloom-style shaders on my install:

(sorry for large sequence, smaller wouldn't be visible)

I suppose this is supposed to be reflections (?) from distanct tanks, but as you can see in my case it's broken. Swithing very quickly when panning view. No it's not explosions, this is T-54 platoon in the distance. No action in the perimeter.

Stuttering is literally killing me :suicide: goes from 12 to 53 fps five times a second.

Are video drivers up to date?

33% downloading, this may be the case

Check this, I loaded SF2:I in a merged install on my son's laptop. A low end laptop. So he has all the SF2 series. If he runs SF2:I with the SF2:I exe only, the FPS stays no more than 3. But if he runs SF2 and then selects the SF2:I terrain and plane set, the FPS is just fine. Very weird. Now my desktop is a very high end and I have no FPS issues with SF2:I. However if I do run it through SF2 my FPS is much better.

So guys run SF2: through the SF2 executable and let me know.

Check this, I loaded SF2:I in a merged install on my son's laptop. A low end laptop. So he has all the SF2 series. If he runs SF2:I with the SF2:I exe only, the FPS stays no more than 3. But if he runs SF2 and then selects the SF2:I terrain and plane set, the FPS is just fine. Very weird. Now my desktop is a very high end and I have no FPS issues with SF2:I. However if I do run it through SF2 my FPS is much better.

I have *exactly* the same experience: on my desktop, no performance issues at all; on my laptop, SF2-series works fine, even with SF2:I planes, but SF2:I gets incredible performance hit.

Even stranger is that WOI runs very smooth on same laptop.

Things were a bit sticky on 'unlimited' but it runs quite well on 'high'.

If he runs SF2:I with the SF2:I exe only, the FPS stays no more than 3. But if he runs SF2 and then selects the SF2:I terrain and plane set, the FPS is just fine. Very weird.

Dave, I have no idea what the differences between SF2 and SF2I executables are, but perhaps this way your son doesn't utilize some extra features included with SF2I that may lay behind the very low frametares on his laptop..? Just thinking out loud.

I'll make myself merged install when I'll find the DVD with previous installs. And no, updating the DX and drivers didn't help much. Still stutters a lot. And no bloom type effects this time :dntknw:

Aye, I'm struggling to get more than 3 fps top on my laptop using the SF2I executable, but nothing much different with the other, patched, executables still jumping anywhere between 1 to 18 fps. In Saved Games, Thirdwire folder, the options ini shows that for all other patched versions of the SF2 series, use advanced shaders is set to 0, turning this to 1 produces the same 3 fps death choke on my laptop. I tried setting this to 0 for SF2I and have noticed a slight improvement, now I get 8 fps about 5 times a minute!

Just waiting for defraggler to see if this makes a difference.

So much for the add on terrains even my payware one doesn't work - managed to induce a few grey tiles by putting some files to uppercase. Is this something to do with how the TOD files have been saved? looks like some might have different names now also.

Until sorted - I would advise that if you like your terrains keep your merged SF2/SF2V/SF2E at Jun09 and install SF2I (Oct09) separately - if not - hey the runway mod still works!

Have I done something wrong [or even right] here ? All my terrains are running great.....trees included, yep merged installs all going to a common mods folder.... :dntknw:

Not sure - where is your common mod folder?

Are you running the games from individual exes?

Are you defo running version Oct 2009?

Sorry, ignore my last post....all terrains are NOT running great, the only modded terrains that seems to be ok are my Germany one, and Baltika's UK terrain, all others are porked in one way or another, SEA with the green hell mod has textures flashing on and off, one minute they're water, next they're not, Korea, no textures other than runways.....Falklands....well that just locks up my system solid.....I think I'm going to trow my toys.....WAAAHHH.

Dave, I have no idea what the differences between SF2 and SF2I executables are, but perhaps this way your son doesn't utilize some extra features included with SF2I that may lay behind the very low frametares on his laptop..? Just thinking out loud.

I'll make myself merged install when I'll find the DVD with previous installs. And no, updating the DX and drivers didn't help much. Still stutters a lot. And no bloom type effects this time :dntknw:

If you're running HDR plugin mods... you'll get that stutter, remove it and you'll get good fps. Matter of fact the two Netz screenies I posted are non HDR plugin and look beautiful. Maybe TK put some of that in and the plugin is just twice more graphical enhancement than is necessary?

In Saved Games, Thirdwire folder, the options ini shows that for all other patched versions of the SF2 series, use advanced shaders is set to 0, turning this to 1 produces the same 3 fps death choke on my laptop. I tried setting this to 0 for SF2I and have noticed a slight improvement, now I get 8 fps about 5 times a minute!

That explains a lot!

If you're running HDR plugin mods... you'll get that stutter, remove it and you'll get good fps.

No HDR, still working on this one. Tried Vietnam with GH2, no luck so far, CTD.

No HDR, still working on this one. Tried Vietnam with GH2, no luck so far, CTD.

HDR plugin works fine with advanced shaders disabled. The other way around (UseAdvancedShader=1 with the HDR plugin completely removed) it's still stuttering.