Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Volunteers needed for DiD campaign.

You can sign me up...sounds fun. I am happy on either side.

yikes.gif No training wheels, Full OFF did rules, ahh I wont last long so put me down too. I cant fly on any long missions because of heating problems on my low end computer. I will leave my bags packed so they will be easier to ship when I crash and burn. Any side is cool. Salute.gif

Sign me up for the RFC!

Oh wait... no RFC?

Packing the kit bag as i speak, if i catch the last train i'll be at the docks by morning Sir. Salute.gif

I too am jolly keen to get over there and do my bit to give the beastly Hun a black eye, what? Trouble is, I can't get back to port 'til 9th November so you chaps will have to start without me... leave some bally Huns for me, eh?

Sign me up for the Kaiser Siggi! Im in on this. Sounds like some good fun.

-Rooster

I am ready for take off with the RNAS clapping.gif So it will begin on November 5th?

So here is what we have so far - I have shared the open ones to the parties.

The Germans are one man shorter now. Where the heck are you, Hasse Wind?

GERMANS

Olham

Creaghorn

Baldric

Mr.Lucky

Rickitycrate

Velvet

Rooster89

77Scout

BRITISH

Siggi

cptroyce

Manuc

Ras

Dej

RedDog

Carrick

RAFLouvert

Stiffy

I better get some stick time in DFW's

And I put in some time in the Strutter today. My gunner was also doing a little practice.

Count me in. I'm not particularly fond of the DFW and I completely, totally, utterly suck as a bomber pilot, but what the heck. It might be fun doing this, though I'll probably won't have time to fly long missions every day with my current awfully busy work schedule, and the worsening influenza pandemic isn't helping at all (I work in a hospital).

Hasse Wind, you only fly, what you can and want. When you only find time for one sortie

on a day, you "advance time" for the missions you don't want to fly.

Days, where you don't find time, you just click "advance time".

The idea is, that when you fly, you will do so on that same day, so if it's the 12th November,

you fly the 12th in the sim. Or you don't find time and "advance time" the next day.

Also, as far as I understood, you could still click "optional flight", until you get a shorter one.

Great to have you here - just only fly as much as you can.

We don't want to make it a "stress factor" I'm sure.

Edited by Olham

Just give me my orders. I don't think they got to vote very much during the war. I signed for action and will take what comes. This is war,,,, not crikit.

Hasse Wind, you only fly, what you can and want. When you only find time for one sortie

on a day, you "advance time" for the missions you don't want to fly.

Days, where you don't find time, you just click "advance time".

The idea is, that when you fly, you will do so on that same day, so if it's the 12th November,

you fly the 12th in the sim. Or you don't find time and "advance time" the next day.

Also, as far as I understood, you could still click "optional flight", until you get a shorter one.

Great to have you here - just only fly as much as you can.

We don't want to make it a "stress factor" I'm sure.

Okay, sounds very good to me. Looking forward to November then. (But why do I have this strange feeling that I'm going to need a lot of pilots before getting enough hours to transfer to a Jasta?) :grin:

Deutsche Piloten!

Let me express my deep wish, that we will all come together in one and the same Jasta.

We do not know, which one yet, but it will be announced.

I have read many of your combat reports, to KNOW, you are good pilots.

Now let's all try, to get even better!

After a baptism of fire in D.F.W. missions, you will be ready to form an elite unit within

a Jasta, you will get a good fighter craft, and you will fight where you are most needed.

I will be working out a basic paint design for all our fighters, as soon as I know, which

craft we will be given

Once you have shot down 5 enemy craft, you will be an ace. And as an ace, you will be

allowed to have a personal sign, emblem, a letter or a colour band on your crate, and

I will paint it on your craft after your ideas.

We will not have to fly before the 5th of November, so let us open the Champagne now,

let's raise our glasses and bring out this Trinkspruch:

Auf den Kaiser! Auf unser Vaterland! Salut!

Oh, and, gentlemen - for those of us who find Champagne a bit dry: there will later be

French Cognac, captured and real good Scotch and Irish whisky, and Doornkaat Schnaps!

"Oh, this seems jolly good fun..my batman comes with me of course..I hope no one minds... ;>)

Royce

Very good Hauptman. I will follow your lead and do my duty for Kaiser and country. The persoanl crate will soon be mine as becoming an ace will be a short matter of time. The DFW is a sound and worthy craft. Prost! :drinks:

Damn, you've given me a taste for a bit of the old Absinth. :drinks:

Jawohl, Herr Kommandant!

Auf den Kaiser! Auf unser Vaterland! Salut!

<clics heels, lights his pipe, and, champagne in hand, strides off to check the manual on 'How to Fly the DFW'>

(I'm blind, which Schusta?)

Siggi honoured me by allowing me to choose the Jasta, and maybe also the DFW staffel.

As I don't have any experience there, ideas by those who flew DFW C.V are welcome.

I will choose a Jasta after my two criteria:

- a Jasta that moves a lot, so we see different areas and opponents

- a Jasta that gets all the aircraft, if possible

Rickitycrate, beware of high spirits.

The persoanl crate will soon be mine as becoming an ace will be a short matter of time.

Please remember everybody, we want to make it over a long time.

You can of course make 5 victories within short time.

You can even get home in the pine box within short time.

I think, if we want to last long, we should do it like MvR: only attack when you are sure you can win.

Keep the high spirits and the hot spur for your other pilots, otherwise you'd have to do the re-entry

with the D.F.W. C.V again.

Ja wohl mein Kommondant! (clicks heels and goes back to his cave)

I have flown the DFW some but not in camPaign. Mostly to examine the Observer role. I am afraid I am no helP in choosing a Jasta at this time. I will review the Jastas and rePort back.

Olham, I was messing around getting some stick time with the DFW, and found the correct field (Wasquelthingy) Siggi said we needed to start from, and the FA(A) flying DFW seemed to be FA(A)250-- didn't check any of the other FA's to see if they flew the DFW out of Wasq. Oh, and what rank should we start at? I made my practice pilot a Feldwebel, but Flieger is fine too. drinks.gif

I will choose a Jasta after my two criteria:

- a Jasta that moves a lot, so we see different areas and opponents

- a Jasta that gets all the aircraft, if possible

i would suggest jasta 5. it moves from verdun to different areas in flanders and it has every important aicraft besides pfalz.

wouldn't that be great (phase 20). a real dynamic campaign online with other members. so you make a real campaign as you make now, only with olham and wels, OvS and others on your side, while you might meet coincidentally enemies named siggi and widowmaker and all the other krumpets, doing their real dynamic campaign?

lol...well..yeah,,it IS great,,,which is why we have been doing it every sunday for about the last 4 months.....historical campaigns,,,online,,(with real ppl)

You're right, Baldric, I wasn't reading.

The DFW C.V will start from Wasquehal, Flanders.

Jasta 5 is good for the choice of aircraft, Creaghorn, but not that good for the moving around.

They are never at the north sea, nor in Alsace or the Vosges.

I have so far chosen Jasta 2, 4, 6, 10 and 12, and will check tomorrow, which one

will have all the good aircraft, maybe except the Pfalz.

Gute Nacht, Männer; wegtreten!

Edited by Olham

lol...well..yeah,,it IS great,,,which is why we have been doing it every sunday for about the last 4 months.....historical campaigns,,,online,,(with real ppl)

i'm sure multiplayer is lot of fun. and one day with better online connection i'll try it for sure. but i meant "dynamic" campaign as it is in sp. where you have time progress and random missions and activities like in sp, not scripted "missions"