Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

China's new aircraft and no one here talks about it ?

Some pictures:

post-20260-008295300 1293642792.jpg

post-20260-016948600 1293642822.jpg

and some discussions:

1 , 2 , 3 , 4

New images appear every day and dosn't look as photoshop or model... Aricraft is a clone of other like F-22 + MiG 1.44 + Su-47 but... who cares!!!!

post-20260-069445500 1293642856.jpg

Edited by Wraith27

looks like the YF-23 more than the F-22... :blink:

.....okay now that is UUUUGGLY. :no:

From the standpoint of a mere aviation enthusiast...

I understand it might be powerful and maneuverable, but...

...They fell off since the J-10 :lol:

SidDogg

• Like 1

only images on ground?

For now only - I think it's before first flight - only taxi tests.First pictures are from 22'th december.

Yes have been looking at similar pics to the above on other forums over the past days - your ones seem higher res though.

Is this the J-20 perhaps?

Edited by MigBuster

Looks like a nice plane, and doesn't look ugly to me, but very nice.

Guest rscsjsuso5

great pics , i'm very proud of my air force and like i said from previous threads/post , who knows what tomorrow will bring , a lot of surprise will be unfolded.

I'll say one thing about it, it's BIG. A lot bigger than an F-22. Maybe bigger than the T-50 which is bigger by the F-22 than a noticeable amoutn. That gives me pause in how good a dogfighter it could be.

It looks like it will fly fast, high, and far, though.

I'd also say it was optimized for front-hemisphere stealth and rear-aspect stealth was left by the wayside.

Another couple of observations:

One, we're getting closer to seeing someone actually build a Firefox!

Two, those main gear doors are HUGE and hangs very low to the ground when open. I mean, I can see the tire itself is a large diameter, but they then have a single door covering that space instead of the more standard split to keep the size down...I think if you left the gear down you could easily have someone sit in there on either side than jump out for a parachute landing!

I don't see any linkage in the way to block the door being shut while the gear is extended, like many other planes do. In fact, the surface area of those open doors appears to match or exceed the ventral fins under the booms! I'm thinking that would have to affect crosswind response, effectively having extra ventral fins just forward of the CoG...

Well, word around the web is this is the J-20. That's fine. They also say NATO calls it Firefang. I am not kidding. They picked that stupid name. I mean, Firefox references aside, FireFANG??!

*imagines Terry Gilliam in a red hood in the cockpit*

Flight Cmdr Fang! Fire...the comfy missiles!!

Edited by JediMaster

Now can we build some more F-22s rather than just capping at 187?!!?!?!

• Dislike 1

Don't forget, we capped the F-22 so we could concentrate on the F-35!

Oh, we're going to cut back on the F-35 now too because, well, no one else is less than 20 yrs away from fielding a stealth plane right?

Oh, hi T-50.

Oh, hi J-20.

Politicians. Too bad it's illegal to assassinate them.

F-35s are POS'. The Raptor isn't and is probably the only thing capable of defeating it in a dogfight.

• Dislike 1

Well, word around the web is this is the J-20. That's fine. They also say NATO calls it Firefang. I am not kidding. They picked that stupid name. I mean, Firefox references aside, FireFANG??!

*imagines Terry Gilliam in a red hood in the cockpit*

Flight Cmdr Fang! Fire...the comfy missiles!!

Why hang back - is Firefox reserved for the T-50 or something?

Remember the good old days when NATO would give out names like Fishhead, Flipper, Fruitbat, Fangless, Fanny, etc

Can I speculate that strike might be it primary mission - if that really is the size of the thing?

Edited by MigBuster

Why hang back - is Firefox reserved for the T-50 or something?

Remember the good old days when NATO would give out names like Fishhead, Flipper, Fruitbat, Fangless, Fanny, etc

'Fagot' .... MIG-15 Fagot :rofl:

• Dislike 1

I like the assertions being made about the F-35 and this new plane, when neither are in service and the only one here with much of any intelligence (which he can't share) on the F-35 is JSFAggie, maybe FC as well. And is it just me, or does that thing's nose and vert stabs look like they came right off of the F-35? (Just an observation, and yes, I know, both Eastern and Western aviation industries have "copied" each other many times in the past.)

Thanks for posting the shots, though!

Guest rscsjsuso5

we have a picture is worth a thousand words and we have agree/disagree position in this topic . i just want to say i'm very proud of my air force in using red equipment for peace . i'm proud of the fact that the pictures are not photoshopped . i'm also proud that our new aircraft will be armed with pl-12 missile and related bvraam. who knows what tomorrow will bring but china has stated that using arms for peace in reference to the anti air craft carrier missile . we have a lot of surprises and will change the balance of warfare in all direction for a cause in terms of peace. great pictures and saw it in inksy, thanks.

• Like 1

The gunpowder and cannons were invented by the Chinese.

No surprise, in view of the giant of Asia Creating its next generation aircraft of 5 ° gen...Are similar in some aircraft.

I have no doubt that, but China has the minds and technology to reach his Stealth aircraft.

But this is very similar.F****** Funny jajajaja

b7c203209ec54900bdb9b55.png

000127a.jpg

Long live to the Chinese empire starwars.gif

• Like 1

I like the assertions being made about the F-35 and this new plane, when neither are in service and the only one here with much of any intelligence (which he can't share) on the F-35 is JSFAggie, maybe FC as well. And is it just me, or does that thing's nose and vert stabs look like they came right off of the F-35? (Just an observation, and yes, I know, both Eastern and Western aviation industries have "copied" each other many times in the past.)

Darn you Caesar, there you go with the voice of reason...and I wanted to start a flame war...

:biggrin:

Though I did get a capabilities brief from the USAF liaison to LockMart on the F-35, JSF_Aggie is the man in the know. But I'm pretty sure there's a bunch he can't talk about either.

I will say that anyone who thinks the F-35 is a piece of FOD is very misinformed...possibly by design.

FC

Oh c'mon it looks funny.:yikes:But it does have a single piece canopy!

And for that matter, sure China does have a reason to be proud. The closest we Indians are getting to build anything is the Tejas or whatever, and that design itself is outdated let alone any mention to the contrary or of it actually going into production.I presume we've just hung up our socks while the T-50 rolls out!

Cheers and Go China!