Dave

What If Screenshot Thread.......

Here's a WIP, a RAAF F-106. I'm not all together happy with it. It seems a bit ... sparse. Anyway, more than happy to hear suggestions about how to add to it, or modify it.

img02125.jpg?t=1347277188

img02128.jpg?t=1347277187

img02133.jpg?t=1347277197

img02136.jpg?t=1347277192

• Like 1

Good idea, but quite a way beyond my abilities at this point. Right now, I'm up to playing with decals, single colour repaints, and putting on the RCAF racing stripe.

Incidentally, I found this little treasure on the internet:

F-106camo.gif

Never used in real life, of course. But I think it would look highly impressive.

yes Gen. Agan, head of ADC in 68-69 wanted to give back to the war effort in Nam. pushed for better canopy, guns, camo and AAR capabilty in the Six fleet. i believe the three upgrades that made it were called Project Six Shooter, along with improved cockpit displays. the camo never made it in practice but did make it into the manual.....

A rare picture of the ASW Phantom........... :blink::crazy::scare: ....luckily the project was cancelled after just two flights.

post-841-0-70532500-1347392695_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

RAAFA-6EINTRUDER04.jpg

Ski Sunday...

Starring exchange pilot Franz Klammer and BN Alberto Tomba

Good idea, but quite a way beyond my abilities at this point. Right now, I'm up to playing with decals, single colour repaints, and putting on the RCAF racing stripe.

Never used in real life, of course. But I think it would look highly impressive.

Interesting I did not know that! Sad indeed, the Six may have looked cool in camo. I do not think there is a F-106-template out, so camo might be extremely difficult to do anyway... :(

Interesting I did not know that! Sad indeed, the Six may have looked cool in camo. I do not think there is a F-106-template out, so camo might be extremely difficult to do anyway... :(

More than you think. The wings are mirror mapped so you can't get a true 'wrap around camo'. And templates are easier than you think...I made custom ones for these F-106 mods:

http://combatace.com/topic/63073-what-if-screenshot-thread/page__st__800#entry572643

Pretty much the only thing that changed between each coloration was the tail flash and the colors themselves...all the rest of the template is in different layers.

FC

Not Quite the result I wanted. should it be Less stripes and more parted from each other?

z_c0r_by_radpig94-d5eqdmn.png

• Like 1

A rare picture of the ASW Phantom........... :blink::crazy::scare: ....luckily the project was cancelled after just two flights.

post-841-0-70532500-1347392695_thumb.jpg

Ahhh designer Phantom...The Jimmy Durante Edition :lmao:

Why? Because I Can. Yes I'm angry today, so sue me

try_burning_this_one_by_radpig94-d5eseew.png

F-106camo.gif

Blue /grey camo in that pattern would be kickass on the 106.

I don't know what it is about the 102/106, but I just HATE it! But seeing it in the RAAF decals, or even seeing it in camo would look really interesting.

Bell F-59B Airacomet Tankbuster

F-59B-2.jpgF-59B-1.jpg

Original DAT P-59B Airacomet. Re-Decaled and Re-Purposed for operational early-jet CAS. Comes stock with three .50 cal machine guns and a P-59 37mm M4 Cannon that can easily open up a T-34 tank. Added rocket pods for better CAS fire power.

• Like 1

USAFB-59BVICTOR04.jpg

Handley-Page B-59B Victors - 93rd BW, USAF Strategic Air Command, 1966

• Like 2

Handley-Page B-59B Victors - 93rd BW, USAF Strategic Air Command, 1966

Where can I find?

Where can I find?

Sorry mate but it was just a lash-up to see what it would look like and it's certainly not polished enough for release. However, the grey/white skin is in one of the Victor downloads at the DAT site (which is odd because no Victor flew with that scheme).