Sign in to follow this  

tested mine using a default install so its conflict with a mod, possibly NATOIV

Anyone noticed that the bird comes with those Frenchie IR AA missiles? That's why the outer wing pylons are doubled - 'winders and matras don't go on the same pylon apparently.

I´m not sure, but I think it was something with the coyright from Lockheed....

Licensing.

The idea with the DLC shop is not bad, but honestly the planes TK offers i can do myself in a few minutes. In case of MirageIIIC i had done it last year. I had taken the bird from WOI and put it into WOE, gave it a french skin and it looks very similar to TK's french MirageIIIC he offered.

If he would offer a MirageIIIE or a MirageF1 or a F-5 Tiger or a F-86 Sabre or a MiG i would buy this birds with pleasure, but not the 3 he had done till now.

TK has said DLC planes would be Versions of planes already done (easier and cheaper to make changes to an existing model than it is to build a completely new one). most of the DLC is prolly for people who dont want to mess with user mods, and dont have all the Exp. Packs.

i hafta agree with Gepard. and i like keeping things as stock and simple as possible but i'm havin to balance money oout with use and enjoyment in. now i'd be happy to part with money if a TW USAF Grey Viper skin came out with GREY letters for squadrons 1979-1990.

Guest Pfunk

i hafta agree with Gepard. and i like keeping things as stock and simple as possible but i'm havin to balance money oout with use and enjoyment in. now i'd be happy to part with money if a TW USAF Grey Viper skin came out with GREY letters for squadrons 1979-1990.

Thanks for reminding me to update my USAF Block 10 F-16 for the latest patch.

I keep it stock for the exact same reason. It's simpler, easier, and there's already a heck of a lot of stuff to fly.

Edited by Pfunk

I had this when I intalled the DLC to my Nato Fighters 4+ mod install. I had to remove the Mirage3c from NF4+, install DLC it to other clean install, and copy/move the Mirage3c folder back. Now by default shows clean without the RP/FTs

another tip (just in case anyone miss it :boredom: ) do not extract the data.ini from the object13.cat, but do it from the dlc003.

that's why things get messed with rp/ft

• Like 1

hmm.. interesting Pfunk -looking forward to read the review!

Now you and Dave, guys you got me thinking.

all I came with is this: Falklands...

Thanks for reminding me to update my USAF Block 10 F-16 for the latest patch.

I keep it stock for the exact same reason. It's simpler, easier, and there's already a heck of a lot of stuff to fly.

saaaaay you wouldn't happen to have many USAF units for the ole Blk10? there only seems to be two Wings represented Gen2 ready

Guest Pfunk

saaaaay you wouldn't happen to have many USAF units for the ole Blk10? there only seems to be two Wings represented Gen2 ready

I think I just did the four units in the 388th TFW and that was it. It was the first unit to convert to the -16, so that's the one I picked.

Which one did you want?

I had that weird double external fueltank thing as well. I had extracted the data.ini and put it in the folder to add a new engine sound, but deleting the data.ini fixed the fuel tank thing. So, stock engine noise for me, for now. :dntknw:

I think I just did the four units in the 388th TFW and that was it. It was the first unit to convert to the -16, so that's the one I picked.

Which one did you want?

well 388th was one of the ones i was talking about. working on a USAFE setup, more decal based than stuff direct on skin.

If he would offer a MirageIIIE or a MirageF1 or a F-5 Tiger or a F-86 Sabre or a MiG i would buy this birds with pleasure, but not the 3 he had done till now.

Exactly - especially as most exported Mirage III were based on the E-airframe...

• Like 1

I'll wait for something like a F/A-18B/D Hornet or F-16C/D!

so you're going to wait a loong time, unless you are refering to next DCS projects (which would be some years too)

I'll wait for something like a F/A-18B/D Hornet or F-16C/D!

I'll only pay if it works better than free ones. One of the thing that I think they should impreove is better avionics, maybe releasing avionics80.dll

Since Tomcat is the next in development along with some other 70s planes, I'm thinking that won't be any time soon. Especially if he gets to making that Korean War sim he's talked about.

MaGaRCaN, this series isn't LOMAC/DCS and never intended to be

edit: removed DP

JediMaster, on 11 July 2011 - 02:13:28 PM, said: Especially if he gets to making that Korean War sim he's talked about.

I missed something? :blink:

not that it wouldn't be natural heading given the step back into early 50s with Exp1 and Exp2. I DO hope it'll be based off new(er) Tomcat engine

Edited by Stary

I'll only pay if it works better than free ones. One of the thing that I think they should improve is better avionics, maybe releasing avionics80.dll

Well this isnt LOMAC.....if you want a sim with better avionics then this sim isn't for you. I like the ease of this sim after playing A-10C DCS. I like A-10 DCS because of it complexity however I like the 3rd Wire series because you can jump in and have fun with little effort or you have only a little time for get a single mission in.

• Like 1

what Dave said

I do like Fliming Cliffs 2, will buy A-10C later this year but sometimes it's just an hour or so of flying time in the evening -then SF2 gives me more

I started to rework the skins for the Mirage IIIC DLC.

Just a little preview :

3C004-1.jpg

3C003-1.jpg

3C002-1.jpg

3C001-1.jpg

If you think I have to change something, tell me what :wink2:

Ludo

nice ones ludo!!