Thanks gents...

Must be getting closer if I've started sea trials....:wink:

img00008.thumb.jpg.125b514a39cef7f2a4f6a6ea33c8b547.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Must be getting closer if I've started sea trials....

Hope its not found guilty !   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Truly gorgeous Sundowner, love what you've done with the front canopy area.. must've been a bit tricky!!:good::good:

8 hours ago, sophocles said:

Truly gorgeous Sundowner, love what you've done with the front canopy area.. must've been a bit tricky!!:good::good:

Thanks, although I cant take all the credit here. I did'nt make the original model I downloaded it from the net [freeware of course] it looked pretty good to start with but I have to admit that the only part I havent needed to to completely re-do has been the radome....so far, the area around the cockpit being one that I keep returning to as I'm still not 100% happy with it.

I'm too lazy to start a model from scratch but I might as well have done really as once I started skinning it that's when I realised just how far out most of it was....:stars: every single part has been totally remapped and changed in one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sundowner said:

Thanks, although I cant take all the credit here. I did'nt make the original model I downloaded it from the net [freeware of course] it looked pretty good to start with but I have to admit that the only part I havent needed to to completely re-do has been the radome....so far, the area around the cockpit being one that I keep returning to as I'm still not 100% happy with it.

I'm too lazy to start a model from scratch but I might as well have done really as once I started skinning it that's when I realised just how far out most of it was....:stars: every single part has been totally remapped and changed in one way or another.

I can appreciate that brother, having to sort out and correct the deficiencies in unrefined mesh is just as hard and time-consuming as working from scratch!  Moreover, what most don't realise is that the modelling part is the easy part(!) .. getting the model into the game is most of the work!! Good luck!!  I'm very much looking forward to flying this beauty when she's ready!

• Like 1

a surprise WIP from angelp. Still a long way off, but has much promise! Reusing the decals from my old DAT Boston mod. There's a gun-nosed A-20G in the works (also reusing my decals from the ETO Havoc). It looks really good close up; i've sent him over 300 megs of e-books on the Havoc. So, it's gonna be done right!

Been begging for a new one for years....

anglep-boston3.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

What a surprise!!!! Looks very good. A much needed plane for sure. Hope it has a dedicated cockpit. A millions of skins to be done!!:bowdown2:

Maybe I'm crazy but I've decided this week while RL gives me a slow moment to try to port this SF1 attempt at a Steregushchiy class corvette over to SF2.  Nihon Hitori 2020 really needs ships of 2020, not 1990!

5e0a409d4cd46_Screenshot(486).thumb.png.586cc492179957d8db298a7dc2cd646b.png

I have the mesh, I am going over the ini codes from successful SF2 Russian/Soviet warships to port over.

What I don't have is a collision.LOD.

• Like 2

collision lod =

copy/paste ship's main lod up and back into the ship's main folder (it will now read as "name-of-ship_copy.lod"

rename to "name-of-ship_collision.lod"

enter said name into ships' data ini

done.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wrench said:

collision lod =

copy/paste ship's main lod up and back into the ship's main folder (it will now read as "name-of-ship_copy.lod"

rename to "name-of-ship_collision.lod"

enter said name into ships' data ini

done.

THANK YOU!  :-)

Now that I've got a collision LOD and placed the wake effects on this Russian corvette...  Ought to as well warn you all right now I have every intention to use @KJakker's Slava ini update as a baseline for programming the weapons.  I prefer realism, something that works since that's what kept this SF1 attempt at a Steregushchiy class corvette out of SF2 and not some target to plink.  I suspect you do as well.

Below is my current desktop.  Beneath the two text files is Chrome open to the Steregushchiy class corvette Wikipedia entry.  On top are two text files.  One of which to port/left is the corvette, the one to starboard is KJakker's Slava upgrade.  As you can see, there's some serious work to do today.

image.thumb.png.94104b87e983b554b7d6da0e2ad7bce0.png

One last thing, with that Panstir-M CIWS on the bow replaced in RL with a VLS, may have some creative fun about where the VLS is... 

image.thumb.png.c000935b9092c66ded929e5a4feea60b.png

Stay tuned...

• Like 1

Nearly done with this now.....

img00034.thumb.jpg.0d4e64f430cf70d9dbc561ff98b6ed0d.jpg

img00039.thumb.jpg.95953b900f60df59220be24b5b154021.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

im just curious, has anyone ever serial numbered the landing gears before?

boneStrut.thumb.jpg.0911f558cde6e0f2a58f4435a23f5e5d.jpg

• Like 1

you mean the struts, or the doors? Doors aren't that hard.

Never done struts, but it shouldn't be much different

• Like 1

oh its not. i was just wondering IF anyone had done it before

discovered the 28th Bomb Wing had a South Dakota outline with the crew cheifs names inside on the doors, numbers were on the struts

figured that one out AFTER dialing in the 319ths nose door numbers. its always something.....:lol:

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, russouk2004 said:

If its a mesh it can have decals AFAIK

well dammit Jim, im a sticker maker not a writer

i very well know i can stick stuff on a mesh. i just wondered if anyone had decalled a landing gear strut before, or if i was the first.

next one to tell me i can do it gets the dead parrot sketch posted:lol:

• Like 1

take one not so good picture, a clue about an album, and a little creative license with whats known on the past................

850064.thumb.jpg.b70ba3cbaa854b546fd4b5f4cc71aa85.jpgeliminator.thumb.jpg.2d865964238913766e9d7a892aea5e14.jpgimg01382.thumb.JPG.a1092d290e1e83429e51e7879266d90b.JPG

from the one (only one) picture i could find of 85-0064 prior to the mid 90s

• Like 2

On 29/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, Wrench said:

a surprise WIP from angelp. Still a long way off, but has much promise! Reusing the decals from my old DAT Boston mod. There's a gun-nosed A-20G in the works (also reusing my decals from the ETO Havoc). It looks really good close up; i've sent him over 300 megs of e-books on the Havoc. So, it's gonna be done right!

Been begging for a new one for years....

anglep-boston3.JPG

Any updates?

nothing yet. I have to draw all the panel lines, and such. Angel provided a template with the base colors (camo, OD/Gray), but no lines.

I've been busy with the French in SEA lately. Now, I just need to terrain to (re)start (re)targeting!

7 hours ago, Wrench said:

Now, I just need to terrain to (re)start (re)targeting!

I know, man. I'm on it, there's still a lot to improve.