Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

I'm looking forward to that Aviatik as a new challenge. It's going to require some experimentation to find ACM tactics that make effective use of its guns, both offensively and defensively. Very interesting arcs of fire there :cool:

Do the guns slide on those tracks in the game as I presume they did in real life?

Thanks guys, no BH we fixed them in those positions although yes in rl you can slide somewhat. Not sure how easy in combat but anyway the arc is very generous and up/down too you can fire forward and pretty much fully rear with both. We mounted one more forward than the other.

P4 has a few surprises for gunners too.

I am going to have to go back in time for that Aviatik.:clapping:

Geeeeee - the new Albatros D.Va of Otto Fuchs looks so brill!

Paarma, you got the wood better looking than mine! Very good Job, Sir!

The light sparse clouds at sunrise in pic 2 must be a new weather type, Winder? Looking sooooo inviting for an early sortie!

And the D.III (although much in the shadow here) looks also "revamped wood-wise". Maybe less weathering?

That is a good compromise, I think, cause weathering could rather easily be added by the simmer.

The cockpit pic from the Aviatik reveals it: P4 is going so much closer into the detail; the observer looks so real -

as if he might turn his head round any second.

I had never seen those gun on the rails - an interesting set-up!

Now, Hasse Wind will be most happy about this craft, but that's a design I will also have try out.

Geeeeee - the new Albatros D.Va of Otto Fuchs looks so brill!

Paarma, you got the wood better looking than mine! Very good Job, Sir!

The new wooden and metal texture is brilliant but I see many mistakes, (OAW and Johannisthal characteristics been mixed up) :dntknw:

The photo of the actual Fuchs D.Va, from early 18 looked a bit different... :blink:

post-10763-0-82784400-1319190857.jpg

The obvious diference is the camo on wings instead of lozenge.

From what it seems from the photo Fuchs' Albatros was a Johannisthal Werke machine, (fuselage cross placement, centerline stencil and lack of bream on the hood).

The blue on tail section is extended up to the cross side on fuselage and on the rudder as well.

From the update pics the plane is having OAW style lozenge camo (blue rib tapes) and weights table stencil placement... :this:

The OAW style lozenge in every Albatros in P3 is a mistake I don't want to see it repeated in P4!

Edited by elephant

Ah, finally an Aviatik! Looking forward to flying that one in career mode. :drinks:

From the update pics the plane is having OAW style lozenge camo (blue rib tapes) and weights table stencil placement... :this:

The OAW style lozenge in every Albatros in P3 is a mistake I don't want to see it repeated in P4!

Please comment more on the OAW style being wrong. If you have historical information that can back this statement, please share it, and if there is time, corrections can/will be made to the best I can.

Thanks,

OvS

Hey, OvS - nice to see you, and to hear you are also at the stuff!

I guess what elephant meant was, that the OAW Albatros had light blue ribtape,

while the Johannisthal-built ones had salmon ribtapes.

Wow - those screenshots look outstanding! good.gif Unfortunately, my PC is hardly able to run P3, so I wont be able to get P4 any time soon. I doubt I would be allowed to upgrade my PC either...

blowup.gif

Hey, OvS - nice to see you, and to hear you are also at the stuff!

I guess what elephant meant was, that the OAW Albatros had light blue ribtape,

while the Johannisthal-built ones had salmon ribtapes.

That could be what he was referring to. To my knowledge, the fabric all came from the same place, but as you pointed out, rib tapes varied. The other major variation, even within the same batch, was lozenge vs painted surfaces. DSA was the master there.

Cheers,

shredward

Also, on Johannisthal-built D.Va's the weights table is situated with the first line on the horizontal reference datum, with most of it below. The D.Va(OAW)'s weights table is situated entirely above this line, much closer to the cockpit, as seen on that screenshot. Furthermore, with a weights table that high--i.e., an OAW machine--the Leergewicht would be 717kg, not 680.

I'll gladly post photos later but right now I have to dash the kids off to soccer.

Indeed...

___

for OAW D.Va

post-10763-0-58871700-1319306016.jpg

Instead of:

___

for Johannisthal D.V uprated and D.Va

But as showed earlier, Fuchs' machine was a Johannisthal one

and the weights table is just misplaced.

I've started a personal topic with OvS, Jim.

You are invited too...

:salute:

Edited by elephant

Does anyone know, why they had different weights???

D.Va (OAW) had additional lower wing reinforcements,

to additionaly counter the lower wing flutter plague of the V strutted Albatrosse.

This led to an increase of weight and as counter measure the fuel tank capacity was decreased, in order to lighten the plane.

That finaly comromised the plane's autonomy while the total weight, still remained a few kilos heavier than the Johannistal model! :blink:

Guys, can you take it to a different thread to talk about the historical details ta

Hello,

Shortly, im happy you Elephant pointing out the details of OAW build albatroses. The Fuchs machine indeed has errors becourse i have used example picture where this craft was just partly seen.

Best regards

Arto

The new wooden and metal texture is brilliant but I see many mistakes, (OAW and Johannisthal characteristics been mixed up) :dntknw:

The photo of the actual Fuchs D.Va, from early 18 looked a bit different... :blink:

post-10763-0-82784400-1319190857.jpg

The obvious diference is the camo on wings instead of lozenge.

From what it seems from the photo Fuchs' Albatros was a Johannisthal Werke machine, (fuselage cross placement, centerline stencil and lack of bream on the hood).

The blue on tail section is extended up to the cross side on fuselage and on the rudder as well.

Aaaahhh - fresh Albs!!! And the Dr.1 looks really like a fighter craft now - well done, guys! :good:

what i like on the new albs is that the visible pattern on the sawed wood is not the same on each one :good:

Cool!

But when, when, when do we get to actually fly these beauties?

I know, I know, 2 weeks. Sigh.

:lol: