There's also always a calm after a storm. Otherwise, you wouldn't know the storm had begun or ended, it would just be continuous.

Yes, that's right, that's another phrase that I loathe because it's nothing but the obvious. Like "tomorrow's another day." Well, duh.

NWM

Edited by Stary

Teras, I wan't it to be still the sim-lite formula similar to as it is, just some more gameplay mehanics added to it, some new avionics modes (It's F-14 after all) and such

plus of course the eye-candy that is there judging by screens

Precisely. I've always wanted more campaign depth. There's a lot there already but its difficult to see. More depth for mission editing would be great too, like triggers and on screen text display, so you can tell a story instead of just setting up yet another out and back mission. Better behavior for ground objects would be sweet too.

Ahhh, you've got me dreaming now.

I'm really excited to see what we'll be getting with the new game. Only wish we had some clue as to a release date...

Teras, I wan't it to be still the sim-lite formula similar to as it is, just some more gameplay mehanics added to it, some new avionics modes (It's F-14 after all) and such

plus of course the eye-candy that is there judging by screens

totally agreed , and with implementing new targeting method then we gonna get lot of fun people..

It's not really adding complexity anyway. A datalink with AWACS is pretty simple, just a display on your radar of contacts you yourself aren't seeing. The ability to lock up and fire on 6 targets at once is just an extension of the TWS in the Eagle already. With the Maverick we already had EO targeting, so a TCS is just a Maverick seeker without the missile or warhead stuck under the nose.

The weather, with rolling seas and pitching decks, certainly had to be more difficult to implement than the other stuff I just said.

as mavericks and GBUs fan , i don't find much fun when i use them ...

i mean you can't guide your seeker to where you want , if TK implemented it then it won't take the game to hard controlling level he could even create an option if you want to control your weapons in easy way or hard way so the player can chose what he like and im sure lot of guys gonna chose the hard controls

that's shortest way to making it PIA Teras I'm affraid, surely I'd like it (DCS A-10...) but that's too much for TK's lite I bet

PIA?

but if TK implemented it as option so you can chose which type of control ...

If I remember correctly even in arcade Novalogic sims you can control E-O weapon and pointing seeker where you want. Like Teras said why not unlock guided weapons but still have this magic E key for not so experienced players?

did i saw an F-4G on the objects list? You Gotta Be s**tting Me!!!!! grin.gif

I'm not a programer so I have no idea howmuch it would take to make something similar to the way you had to direct the AGM62 in Jane's:IAF. Directing with the 4 arrows, this could be used for radar/seeker/released wire or command guidedweapons.....:dntknw:

One good idea for SFP2: North Atlantic would be that we can take pictures in Recon missions. For example, taking pictures with the TARPS pod of the F-14.

I remember that you could do it in the old PC sim F-117A, from Microprose.

Edited by mono27

Yes, I loved its predecessor, F-19. I played TONS of that, back when it was my only modern jet sim. I had Gunship (but had largely stopped playing it by then), F-19, SWOTL, CYAC, and I think that's it.

I loved F-19's debrief, which went further than TK's because, in addition to telling you what happened when, there was a map with an Indiana Jones-style line drawn across it showing where you were when the incidents occurred. So you could see how you made a 180 and ran when the MiGs fired on you! :grin:

• Like 1

yeah loved that debriefs back then, OFF guys did similar thing for Phase 3, would like to see TK making NA similar way

and yes, simple recon of bridges in F-19... man those are sweet memories

• Like 1

Russia invades Norway,so they can have sub bases located in the Fjiords (hmmmm fijords? lol)

With eyes on Iceland and greenland,guess what NATO say .."Oh No you dont" and hey presto SF2NA

Wait a minute, wasn´t Iceland confirmed as the setting in the end? that was to be a map too small for both the cape north and Iceland to be in together

In my SF2NA world HMS Ark Royal 09 was never scrapped :grin:

Edited by colmack

Thirdwire has just announced that SFP2:North Atlantic is not compatible with Windows XP, what a pitty!!

Is it possible that they make a patch or anything to make it work in XP? or should I install Windows Vista or 7?? :dntknw:

Mono27 install W7 not the Vista and wait for SF2NA :-)

at least you spend time till release by doing something usable :-)

But "hey TK my system is compatible and ready, my paypal acount filled up with money"! :clapping:

Monty CZ

"hey TK my system is compatible and ready, my paypal acount filled up with money"! :clapping:

Monty CZ

+1 same here :clapping:

@Mono: as much a I like working on XP and have it still on my second system, W7/8 is the way to go. It's stable and well optimized platform, being XP fan I like it.

XP will be 11 years old this Summer. Now, could you imagine yourself trying to hold onto Windows 95, in 2006? :yikes: Not that there's any real basis for comparsion there, anyway :cool:

I've found Windows 7 to be smoother and more stable than XP ever was.

Thank you for the information!

And another question, once SFP2:NA is realesed...can we buy it by download or boxed version? :dntknw:

I prefer the box, like all the rest of my Thirdwire sims :grin:

Thank you for the information!

And another question, once SFP2:NA is realesed...can we buy it by download or boxed version? :dntknw:

I prefer the box, like all the rest of my Thirdwire sims :grin:

AFAIK, TW only sells downloadable content. All the earlier "boxed" versions, involved partnerships with various companies, and weren't direct from TW.

Edited by Fubar512

I wonder... 12.000+ like the TW page, but how many will actually buy Tomcat?

You know with the scenario set in 1979-1980 we can have a lot of good stuff for it. Forward deployed F-106A/F-101B's for intercepts. ANG F-4C/D's. This really opens the door to alot of great stuff.