Besides Tomcats and playing "Battleship" with the red fleet, this is one of the first things i will do. Yeah, i know i could do the same right now, but i keep the game quite light of mods and i´m a dumba$$..

F-4Es_57FIS_Tu95D_1980.jpeg

Edited by macelena

You know with the scenario set in 1979-1980 we can have a lot of good stuff for it. Forward deployed F-106A/F-101B's for intercepts. ANG F-4C/D's. This really opens the door to alot of great stuff.

should be there Thirdwire made, right?

besides, it's almost 24 hours since the announcement, cockpit shots, but no release, isn't it weird by TK's standards?

Edited by Stary

I can't wait to extract the campaigns and make:

A. a 1985 campaign with USS Coral Sea & 1st Hornets (and MiG-29 based in Iceland)

B. a 1975 campaign with USS Oriskany & the last Crusaders + USS Enterprise & the first Tomcats

I know that these are both very obvious. Getting too far away from the stock 1979 setting will bump into the problem of having incorrect period destroyers and cruisers etc. At least for now...

you DO know the Oriskany and Coral Sea are (nominally) PacFlt boats??

you DO know the Oriskany and Coral Sea are (nominally) PacFlt boats??

This is World War 3 man!!! I ain't got no time for realism!

The Coral Sea was in the Med. in October 1985.

As for the Oriskany, Get her to the North Atlantic, full speed. I just can't live without mah Crusaders. Love that plane.

EDIT: I can always fly that spiffy looking blue F-8E(FN) DLC. The French used it well into the 1980s.

Edited by arthur666

Russia invades Norway,so they can have sub bases located in the Fjiords (hmmmm fijords? lol)

With eyes on Iceland and greenland,guess what NATO say .."Oh No you dont" and hey presto SF2NA

God I hope not. We'd have been right in the middle of it. Our overseas base for our F4Cs was in Norway.

The Coral Sea was in the Med. in October 1985.

As for the Oriskany, Get her to the North Atlantic, full speed. I just can't live without mah Crusaders. Love that plane.

EDIT: I can always fly that spiffy looking blue F-8E(FN) DLC. The French used it well into the 1980s.

Really? And nothing's happening in the Pacific? :dntknw:

:lol::rofl:

Saders? I dusted off the Clem my MF French F-8's and put some tweakage on the Super Etendard. I will sink the Kiev with Exocet! Also first thing I am going to do is pit up those Intruders with the RB TRAM pit and do some night time destoryer plinkin. Might not even get to the Tomcat for a few days.Actually I am kinda Tomcat sick now!

Saders? I dusted off the Clem my MF French F-8's and put some tweakage on the Super Etendard. I will sink the Kiev with Exocet! Also first thing I am going to do is pit up those Intruders with the RB TRAM pit and do some night time destoryer plinkin. Might not even get to the Tomcat for a few days.Actually I am kinda Tomcat sick now!

The eight French Crusaders were just making contact with the Backfires. The Russian bombers were on afterburner and were nearly as fast as the fighters. The carrier pilots had all heard their ship go off the air and were consumed with rage at what had happened, no longer the cool professionals who drove fighters off ships. Only ten Backfires were within their reach. They got six of them with their missiles and damaged two more before they had to break off.

Man that part of the book made the whole book in my opinion. it summed up the war in just a paragraph. Consumed with rage....

Really? And nothing's happening in the Pacific? :dntknw:

Not yet. :grin:

Man that part of the book made the whole book in my opinion. it summed up the war in just a paragraph. Consumed with rage....

I really need to find my copy. Hardback, first edition. Bought and read it when I was 13. I need to read it as an adult. It was his best, IMO.

Edited by arthur666

I can't wait to extract the campaigns and make:

A. a 1985 campaign with USS Coral Sea & 1st Hornets (and MiG-29 based in Iceland)

B. a 1975 campaign with USS Oriskany & the last Crusaders + USS Enterprise & the first Tomcats

I know that these are both very obvious. Getting too far away from the stock 1979 setting will bump into the problem of having incorrect period destroyers and cruisers etc. At least for now...

So what did F-8s look like by 1975? Also, what about the Marines? Did they keep them a while longer as fighters?

Also, when are we getting one of these? It would make an awesome 'what if it won out on the Phantom' scenerio. Geez, what would the Air Force had done if the Navy stopped work on the Phantom?!

artxf8u3.jpg

Edited by exhausted

Geez, what would the Air Force had done if the Navy stopped work on the Phantom?!

Finished it ourselves.

It would be a good idea that in this sim we can finally take off and land from carriers in the single missions.

(and not only in campaigns and user made missions as it is until now)

It would be a good idea that in this sim we can finally take off and land from carriers in the single missions.

(and not only in campaigns and user made missions as it is until now)

I would suspect due to the nature of this new sim, that TK would impliment that. Who knows.

Concerning carrier borne aircraft;

Both for Campaingns/Single missions, what will you (and the AI) do if their carrier is destroyed so there's no where to land...

Will be interesting to see how this is implemented..

listed for two days, still not in store... odd

listed for two days, still not in store... odd

Tommorow (Payday for most people)? After all, that's when a lot of folks would have some jingle in their pocket.

Tommorow (Payday for most people)? After all, that's when a lot of folks would have some jingle in their pocket.

That sounds logical, but.........I've known TW to release titles in the middle of the week, before.... :grin:

So what did F-8s look like by 1975? Also, what about the Marines? Did they keep them a while longer as fighters?

Also, when are we getting one of these? It would make an awesome 'what if it won out on the Phantom' scenerio. Geez, what would the Air Force had done if the Navy stopped work on the Phantom?!

artxf8u3.jpg

I believe the Marines had a couple of F-8 squadrons up until 1977 or 78

I believe the Marines had a couple of F-8 squadrons up until 1977 or 78

Nah, even the reserve squadrons had gone to the F-4 by then. The sole US unit flying the F-8 at that point was VFP-63.

I'm still gonna put teh Saders into the SF2NA install. Be afraid, Mr. Bear. :grin:

Edited by Gocad