:fu:

(not in mood)

And only you two find it funny... :tongue:

Yeah we have a warped sense of humor.

Back on track though, since the terrain was built in max, could you add max made trees to it?

depends how the terrain is being build... I guess it is split into many sub-meshes covering areas in grid, don't think one single mesh could cover the level of detail (land curvature) we've seen in screenshots.

I guess Iceland is locked from us modders, I'd need a copy and a day or two to tell, franky

edit:

really dunno Dave, I strongly believe terrain will be moddable... but as different area, not the one released

Edited by Stary

I was hoping for some underlying texture-based procedurally generated ground objects like trees but we had zero prof of that :/

edit:

^that is what, 15-years old tech?

(edit no 2:

20+ actually if you dig hard back into ACE on C-64 stone-age era... had that game, played to death, sprites or 3D the rules were the same)

Edited by Stary

post-8911-0-83465200-1330531462.gif

progress you say?

what I'm saying is: do not be suprised if the Iceland terrain is dead empty (as in "dead space" term) and lacks any ground features except, well, the Earth ("Earth->ground here" -love that writing on one Harrier in museum!) itself

edit:typo

in fact no screens of airfield or anything else on the ground, hope it will not be as empty as you think.

I think it will be standart Thirdwire.

Same airfields and buildings as usual...

"Kef-Ops, the bandits are all turning right back after launching their ASMs. So far it's been two birds per aircraft. We got fifty-make that fifty-six inbound missiles, and more are being launched. Nobody behind them, though. I repeat, nothing behind the bomber force. At least we don't have any paratroopers headed in. Hunker down, guys, we now have sixty inbound missiles," Edwards heard as he came through the door. "At least they won't be nukes," said a captain. "They're shooting a hundred missiles at us-they don't f***in' need nukes!" replied another.

I think it will be standart Thirdwire.

Same airfields and buildings as usual...

i didn't wonder about the look of the buildings or the airfields, but about the remark of stary who's afraid to see the ground terrain TOTALLY empty.

Does player-flyable A-7E imply player-shootable Harpoon?

O_o,

i just gave TK an extra chunk of change,

used the rest of my tax return to Re-Buy all the SF2 Series (well a 2nd Set) + Expansions 1 and 2 + Campaign Customizer :p. for my new system.

Edited by SkateZilla

Does player-flyable A-7E imply player-shootable Harpoon?

don't think the a-7e was able to carry/launch the harpoon

Garrr! The century-old alpha-channel bug is still there:

post-8911-0-80126000-1330526263.jpg

not nice

pffff designers :tongue:

those name-calling again!

Iceland=not ice, mostly, lots of intrusive, felsic, igneous rock, known as the perfect habitat zone for plant life...

post-8911-0-72557200-1330527626.jpg

Greenland=Ice,ice,ice, no plants after all

pfff architects :tongue:

Back on track though, since the terrain was built in max, could you add max made trees to it?

the 375 million dollar question :grin:

pffff designers :tongue:

pfff architects :tongue:

the 375 million dollar question :grin:

Niko I find your comments disturbing :wink:

"Kef-Ops, the bandits are all turning right back after launching their ASMs. So far it's been two birds per aircraft. We got fifty-make that fifty-six inbound missiles, and more are being launched. Nobody behind them, though. I repeat, nothing behind the bomber force. At least we don't have any paratroopers headed in. Hunker down, guys, we now have sixty inbound missiles," Edwards heard as he came through the door. "At least they won't be nukes," said a captain. "They're shooting a hundred missiles at us-they don't f***in' need nukes!" replied another.

I reread that book just last year...or the year before. Hard to remember now.

I reread that book just last year...or the year before. Hard to remember now.

I have read it 3 times this year already. One of my favorites along with Rainbow 6.

I have read it 3 times this year already. One of my favorites along with Rainbow 6.

What book are you guys talking about??

You read it 3 times in 2 months? Geez.

Since I read it, I've read HfRO, Patriot Games, Sum of All Fears, Clear and Present Danger, Without Remorse, Debt of Honor, and I'm about to start Executive Orders.

That doesn't count all the Star Trek and Star Wars novels I've read as well. Those only take me a week or so, though. I also want to re-read the Hobbit before the movie release end of the year, too.

Then I have my IAPR, AvWeek, Smithsonian A&S, PC Gamer, and of course old books to reread. :grin:

What book are you guys talking about??

Red Storm Rising of course! You might call it "the bible" as far as SF2:NA is concerned. :wink:

Red Thunder, Red Lightning... What's gonna be the name of 2NA campaign? :grin:

post-8911-0-83465200-1330531462.gif

progress you say?

Oh! What was that game? I had it for the C64 waaayyyyy back in the day.