Hey Baltika, I'm reaserching that info,But so far it seems there was only one major air campaign (Operation Deliberate Force) but I'm still gathering info.If anyone Has any great website resources they use for campaign OOB's please share…My resource library is still in many packed boxes Thanks! BTW I'm still getting moved in to the new place and trying not to freeze my ass off.(:

Edited by usafphantom2

Got OOB for Deliberate Force and OOB for opposing forces. Still looking for other relevant info. Who's doing the campaign?Where am I sending this to?

Are there plans to include Operation Allied Force (Allied Force is the NATO name, known as Noble Anvil to the US)? I figure that'd be a great setting for Strike Fighters! I'm pretty amped about this and would like to help. I've spent some time as a peacekeeper in the Kosovo region (is that going to be mapped as well?)

I am no good with coding or any of that...but could certainly attempt to help with research and other less technical matters.

Got OOB for Deliberate Force and OOB for opposing forces. Still looking for other relevant info. Who's doing the campaign?Where am I sending this to?

Great work.  If you could fire it over to me I'll start working the campaign files up as we go.

Thanks!

Hello guys!!!!! Sorry to trouble!!!!

i wanted  to know how the work ot the Balkans Campaign.....

I'm looking forward to a Scramble with F-104S

Hey, if a campaign is being coded for this terrain, I'll gladly offer my services as a texture artist for USN units. I can knock up some CVW-8 stuff in short order.

Don't want to sound annoying... but are there any updates on this awesome terrain?

Hi Baltika, Found my research notes -still unpacking , Try to upload what I've got and see if you need any more? Sorry new house and first grandchild been little distracted hope you understand.

Hey Baltika check your in box,I send you a mess of files that were all organized in folders until they were uploaded if you think something's missing or need more let me know.Too bad we can't upload folders.

you can if you zip them down, and then attach them. Of course, depending on how large. Sometimes there's a max upper limit in zip zize for attachments

• Like 1

....Hello...are you .... need some new Object's........for the campaign...like ....tank's truck's,....etc....???Maybe a list so some Modder's can offer....it...?

Ace

....Hello...are you .... need some new Object's........for the campaign...like ....tank's truck's,....etc....???Maybe a list so some Modder's can offer....it...?

Ace

Can I see a pic of Batajnica pretty please?

Oh this is gonna be awesome!

and then it was October. the necrothread rose from the depths.... with a low gutteral breathe it kept calling out... Moddddds....

and with that the bump. we have a damn good terrain for this finally, and many objects and skins since this was last visited. any (serious) thoughts on getting this back on track?

not trying to rush it at all here. 30th anniversary of Banja Luka engagement (NATOs first active combat action) isnt for  almost a year and a half. but It would be nice to revisit the major military actions that were ongoing in the 90s (besides occasional actions in Iraq)

its a good excuse to break out the Euro Herks too going into Sarejevo :biggrin:

• Like 3

Pretty ironic, I had worked on a new Iraq-Iran terrain when Centurion-1 was planning an Iraq-Iran war mod which never saw the light of day. My new terrain then got included by Spudknocker for a different Iraq-Iran mod, and has been the starting point for ODS 30AE. Similar situation about this Balkans scenario; I was hoping to see Baltika's terrain done but I ended up making it from scratch on my own instead.

Working on ODS 30AE has been a fantastic team effort and experience, and I'm still improving upon it with time. A similar mod for the Balkans terrain is pretty far from being doable in the same level of quality. The terrain I made lacks target objects for cities and similar target areas, and I'm not in the mood of getting into it again anytime soon. I'd rather fine-tune ODS 30AE for the time being, while desperately hoping for SF2 to come back a bit more relevant than it is now. IMHO a mere hundred downloads for the Balkans terrain don't justify such a huge effort like ODS 30AE anymore. A terrain like that would have reached thousands of downloads years ago, now it's sign SF2 is pretty much dead and we modders are basically keeping it alive for our own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

i didnt figure you would be interested Menrva. You have said in the past that Balkans had sort of worn you out and I know that you still keep fine tuning ODS 30AE. It is impressive how you keep improving it so far out after its release when many modders and teams would have stopped and declared it finished

when i make posts like that, it is to try to get other new interest in it. the game is up to the modders and those that still enjoy our work. everyone starts somewhere, maybe the Balkans gets someone new interested in modding.

that interest goes further when we encourage new skinners, modelers, terrain builders and campaign writers rather than decrying the lack of interest.

for the folks that dont have interest tweaking their work for a future update, i would hope they would be willing to help a next generation with interest learn.

besides, like i mentioned theres quite abit of time to work on it. and even Allied Force wasnt as intensive as Iraq 91, let alone Deliberate Force or fictional strikes durng Deny Flight

• Like 5