YES, come over to the dark side! And give us more excellent Tiger goodness!

Centurion, i once started Tu-22 templates in 2048 res, if you want them, i can send them to you, they are unpainted, tho, just let me know your thoughts i will probably make the soviet ones but not right now.

Yes Enoc please send them to me, I was thinking to increase the resolution of the Tu-22 skins anyways. Thanks!

I think thats the wip one (reworked tmf one)....

I have worked on IRIAF F-5E skins and I have so many for them

Around 8 skin

One of them with old decals

bv.jpg

And a question

In F-5F I have some problem in painting

F-5Fmisc makes my painting looks worst and change the whole painting colors into colorless

I don't know what to do to make it work correct

Can you help?

Morteza it is probably a mapping issue then. Send me a PM and I will take a lookie! More F-5 skins are good, but I am really waiting for new F-5s by Sophocles. From what I've seen these will blow our minds.

Yes the Mirage is a the new TMF one, it is being worked upon by a small team of modders. I have only made some small things for it like the Rp-35 droptanks, new wheels and fin changes. Also working on the cockpit which is based on TMF work, updated by Brain and then further worked on by me.

The middle part is for the droptanks and around that for the ground support elements only, so not sure either what the issue is and where you're painting

Edited by EricJ

Morteza it is probably a mapping issue then. Send me a PM and I will take a lookie! More F-5 skins are good, but I am really waiting for new F-5s by Sophocles. From what I've seen these will blow our minds.

Yes the Mirage is a the new TMF one, it is being worked upon by a small team of modders. I have only made some small things for it like the Rp-35 droptanks, new wheels and fin changes. Also working on the cockpit which is based on TMF work, updated by Brain and then further worked on by me.

Centurion-1, I'm getting into the F-5a full bore again .. this project has woken me from my burnout phase .. so It shouldn't be too much longer! (modelling 90%, textures 90%, 3d pit (95%)

However, F-5e and F are a completely different animal .. don't expect those any-time soon I'm afraid ..

• Like 1

I have to finish the Rafale for another project the Su-17 is on halt for a few days. I will come home this weekend and will work on some birds.

@centurion I will start on the canopy in the next days and will experiment with the intakes and exhaust. will send you a sample with the Su how it can look.

Sophocles that sounds great! I can't wait for your model! Yes the F-5E is probably a different beast, at least when it comes to the cockpit. But I think the community will help if needed once you get the baseline model done! And yeah, I know all about burning out on a model, it helps to do something else for a while to get your interest going again. For me this project has gotten me into SF2 again in a major way after having some down time, and I'm glad is has helped you too!

Martin good, I look forward to it. We all do this part time when we can if we can, so nobody expects anybody to move heavens and earth.

Oh thank you man, good to know you your position and understatement. Some people think modding is our full time work and life. That's just a hobby see and know only a few. So far my observation. From time to time we have a small burn out, like FC suffered.

I have seen frequently updares about projects and always was his name in the credits.. a good and constant thing...

I m fascinated from Ravenclaws works, he puts so much work and time into his models. Its incredible detailed and very realistic. Hope he will continue for a long time.

For me I can only work if i have time and the right feeling to build and model in max. If its not there ... the result is not satisfing and its wasted time.

• Like 1

So we lacked a good Iraqi MiG-21MF?

post-5138-0-43312200-1362172153_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-82114000-1362172157_thumb.jpgpost-5138-0-01515300-1362172163_thumb.jpg

:biggrin:

• Like 5

Nice one Paulo! Interesting fact: In the Iranian Phantom book by Tom Cooper Strahi posted he stated that sometimes later in the conflict Iraq used MiG-21MFs equipped with Matra Magic missiles flown by french mercenaries to good effect. Had the source been anyone else I'd have doubted that seriously, but it is a cool factoid.

@Martin: agree

If you guys read sometimes wired stuff in my posts, please excuse it. Im posting late in the night with my smartphone in my hands and my head is already sleeping, but good to know you understand me! :dance2:

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Nice one Paulo! Interesting fact: In the Iranian Phantom book by Tom Cooper Strahi posted he stated that sometimes later in the conflict Iraq used MiG-21MFs equipped with Matra Magic missiles flown by french mercenaries to good effect. Had the source been anyone else I'd have doubted that seriously, but it is a cool factoid.

Not sure about the french mercenaries, supouss could be true. But the integration of Magic on Mig-21MF could be easilly done by iraqi techincians (They've also integrated the Exocet on the Mig-23ML, but only as prototype). Despite general believe (due mainly to propaganda), they where highly capacitated and trained, same with the iranians (The last are still flying a very complex aircraft as the Tomcat without almost any help from the manufacturer).

So, i guess Mig-21MF could carry Magic missles.......of course, after the arrival of the Mirage F1....

David Nicolle and Tom Coopers book "Arab MiG-19 and MiG-21 Units in combat" states that Iraq also obtained 200 x AIM-9B rounds from Jordan in 1983 that were used until later replaced by Magics

It states French supplied R.550 Magic Mk 1s were in use from 1981 on some Iraqi MiG-21s

Your true man

They installed KH-29 on Mirage F-1EQ-5

Or in a period of time in second year of war Iraqi MiG-21's fired AIM-9B

Because of lack of R-3/R-13

Not sure about the french mercenaries, supouss could be true. But the integration of Magic on Mig-21MF could be easilly done by iraqi techincians (They've also integrated the Exocet on the Mig-23ML, but only as prototype). Despite general believe (due mainly to propaganda), they where highly capacitated and trained, same with the iranians (The last are still flying a very complex aircraft as the Tomcat without almost any help from the manufacturer).

So, i guess Mig-21MF could carry Magic missles.......of course, after the arrival of the Mirage F1....

Yes, Tom Cooper does give them very much credit for their Tu-22 Blinder ops, they fared just as well (or, rather, just as poorly) as the Soviet and East German advisers that also flew the type for Iraq. The Iran-Iraq conflict is really interesting from the standpoint of the huge support Iran had prior to the war, allowing the Shah to build and train an absolutely world-class air force with top-of-the-line equipment, and then respectively the huge support Iraq got from the USSR and France after the conflict started. It must have been seen as a golden opportunity for the Soviets to test their front-line equipment against a modern force with American equipment. The sometimes embarrassing result was probably food-for-thought for the Soviet defense industry. Nevertheless, the Iraqis did rather well all things considered.

• Like 1

Let's get clear. I'm not saying that all the IrAF performed well during the war. In my post i was talking only about techs... IrAF was not an heterogenous force. Some units where highly trained and experiencied, but with obsolete equipment. Some tactics where also out of date and have to be readapted during the fight (which is way more difficult to do than in "peace time") . They did have some good performance, but also some really bad ones....Thats mainly because, from my point of view, the soviets where not interested in provide training to other airforces, just hardware. Proof of that, were all those soviet squads deployed on the south of Iraq, armed with Mig-25, Mig-23ML and Mig-21. They need those planes been tested by their own people.

Other reasons were that, this guy SH, who, from my point of view, was a complete stupid, paranoid and psycho, believed that the Air force was about to force him out..and never allowed the Air force to act independently. He was always saying what to do, and that's a mistake ALWAYS. Pilots are fighters not politicians... And the wars are always winned by fighters, although politics always takes the credit.....

By the way, seems that the Mig-21 which carried the Magics were the Mig-21bis from the No.47 Sqdn (based on Kirkuk ?? not sure.). Apparently they were also capable of carring the R-60T (a missile relatively rare in the IrAF)

Edited by 3-A-305

For the MiG-21MF check out Marcelo´s Skins!

They are pretty nice...