RC can't wait for those new F-4s!

Yes Russ please, I am unsure exactly when they entered service but IIRC they served at least towards the end of the conflict. All contributors get access to closed betas  :biggrin:

After spending my _entire_ friday on this, I can finally say that a hipoly F-5E is now almost a reality. It is not a new model and a dedicated new one like for example Sophocles F-5 will probably be a lot better, but that said I don't think this is too shabby. The old but updated TMF F-5E nose mated to FastCargos considerably more detailed F-5F fuselage = new F-5E. A lot of stuff got reworked in the process and some more work is still needed, but I am satisfied so far!

newtiger1.jpg

newtiger2.jpg

• Like 4

Hello,

Really beautilful stuff Centurion!

Best regards

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

so I decided to borrow some of his tiles (haven't asked for permission yet, sorry man!)

No need to, glad someone likes them.

I`ll pack it and pm it to you...you may need loadout sorted..

Has working..

canopy

A\burner

dragchute..

1 skin and decs..for IAF unknown sqdn...

The wholly unintended and unplanned detour that is the F-5E project continues. I decided to make a very modest upgrade to the cockpit to make it feel more like flying a current standard stock aircraft, so I cut-n-pasted some SF2 era instruments and baked some new materials... There is a lot one could do with it still but considering that Sophocles F-5A cockpit seems to be more or less done I don't feel like duplicating work. Anyway, some WIP images below of the cockpit and also the Tiger with smaller LERXs.

newtiger3.jpg

newtiger4.jpg

• Like 11

IRAQ MiG-29´s:

img00843v2sui.jpg

img00842wgs6q.jpg

img00841tzsyd.jpg

used obvioulsly MF Factory Work, Russos Upgrades(dragchute,etc)

-updated ini´s with export Radar values

-no R-77 possible

-have to check some minor stuff (TFC values, empty weight, etc)

i´ve permission to use MF Factory work but have to check with russo about his stuff.

i think it could use a new skin. so if any skinner is interested^^

Edited by dast24
  • Like 1

i´ve permission to use MF Factory work but have to check with russo about his stuff.

np..go ahead.but cant fix chute shadow atm...

I am pluggin away at the terrain and tileset, I recently decided to make custom city tiles sampled from real satmaps of Tehran but the TODs are giving me a serious headache... Is there a good TOD making tut for TE around here? Especially regarding the solid objects and their texture mapping!

Also, when I said I was not prepared to duplicate work regarding the F-5E cockpit I was lying, apparently... This is not inteded to compete with Sophocles work but when I found FastCargos T-38A cockpit I just could not resist molding the twe TMF F-5E pit and it together... I am not going to make something super fancy but the basic avionics will work at least. The cockpit framing and other nice fluff will remain pretty bare bones until Sophocles cockpit comes a long.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 3

I'm not super familiar with the F-20 (or the F-5 for that matter, but working on that  :biggrin: ) so I don't really know what all the changes are, besides the obvious: one engine instead of two, but definatively do-able. But making a good F-5E is first prio for now!

• Like 1

So are the Egyptian Mirages that flew for Iraq for six weeks in 1986 going to be featured? Or the MiGs the Russians tested in combat during the war?

And adding to Martin's question, please correct me if i'm wrong, the Flogger variants used were MiG-23MS/MF/ML/BN, MiG-23BN with and without refueling probe, so, i can have the versions ready.

Time ago I tried to make an Iraqi desert camo skin for the Su-25 Frogfoot that comes in NF4+. Anybody knows if the Iraqi Frogfoots took part in the Iran-Iraq war?

post-21582-0-05469600-1386935125_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ok guys, some bad news first.

I have encountered a problem with the Su-20, it seemed to be a minor one but .. I couldnt solve it, the bad part about it, I have lost the whole Su-20

Time ago I tried to make an Iraqi desert camo skin for the Su-25 Frogfoot that comes in NF4+. Anybody knows if the Iraqi Frogfoots took part in the Iran-Iraq war?

They received 69 x single seat Su-25K (B export version) in 1986/87 which saw extensive use in the final years of the war according to the new Sukhoi Su-25 Osprey book (No I don't work for them)

Ok guys, some bad news first.

I have encountered a problem with the Su-20, it seemed to be a minor one but .. I couldnt solve it, the bad part about it, I have lost the whole Su-20

But the good news is that you have a back up yes ?

So are the Egyptian Mirages that flew for Iraq for six weeks in 1986 going to be featured? Or the MiGs the Russians tested in combat during the war?

The Iraqis also borrowed 5 Super Etendards from France.

1 was shot down by an Iranian F-14 during delivery and 2 others during combat.

Uh, the second part was missing...

The Su-20 was a bit out of proportions, so my team and I decided to rebuild it simply... This is the result but still WIP <-----

msg-8289-0-14433300-1386895802.jpg

• Like 1