Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

City of Mosul falls to al Qaeda, 2 more cities fall

These charming fellows, the Islamic state of Iraq and Levant are fighting Syrian gvmnt. an Kurdish militias in Syria, with extremely genocidal views against Shias and Kurds...

Wait, it can´t be possible, it wasn't the yanks doing all the genociding thing in Iraq?

What was the point in Invading Iraq just to eventually leave and allow yet another group of fanatics re-assert themselves!

• Like 1

Al Quaida has never been so strong. They were nothing but a bunch of ragtags hiding in Afghanistan back in 2001. Now they control entire countries. Go War on Terror!

• Like 2

Thank Dick Cheney. Saddam would never have let this happen. The enemy of the "Arab Nationalist" is the "Islamic Fundamentalist." Mid-East political history 101. This is what you get for voting for idiots.

• Like 6

I feel like I should be apologizing to a veteran this morning.  I understand the US Embassy is prepping for evacuation.

Geeeeze, what a mess. Never did understand invading Iraq. What with Iran saber rattling, the Arab spring across North Africa, Syria fighting a civil war, and even Turkey having difficulties, that whole region is now so unstable its a powderkeg waiting to blow. Now the militants are talking about linking up with Syrian militants and making some sort of Pan Arab Islamist state.

Edited by pcpilot

crazyhorse, lol.  Mumar Gaddafi same, so he had to go too.

Just another day in sunny Iraq then

Was very clever of them to wait until the US had pulled out before making their move - genius 

Really sad for all the civies - they just want to get some stability! 

• Like 1

Thank Dick Cheney. Saddam would never have let this happen. The enemy of the "Arab Nationalist" is the "Islamic Fundamentalist." Mid-East political history 101. This is what you get for voting for idiots.

+100000 you are totally right.

Removing guys like Saddam or kaddafi was a total misunderstanding of thé situation.

Edited by Murphy'S
  • Like 1

At the time of Saddam, the Boss was the bastard whose picture was in every place. You could not miss him. That was called dictatorship. Today in Iraq, the Boss is the bastard that is standing before you with a Kalash at the present moment. He cannot miss you. That is called anarchy. Iraq is a hopeless cause.

waste.jpg

• Like 3

Power Point Ranger can hit the nail in the head more often than any commentator, analyst or self-proclaimed expert out there, sadly

• Like 1

Apparently Obama has armed both sides of the Iraqi conflict. While it shows him up as a less than ingenious player of the 'game', it undeniably shows the continued astute business sense of the US military-industrial complex. On a more pessimistic note, the pieces on the board are becoming somewhat more Armageddonesquely-aligned with a very defined millenarian Sunni entity facing a Shia establishment shadowed by Tehran, while the Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and Israel sit expectantly on the edges of chaos. All we need now is for the Afghans and nuclear-armed Pakistan to get sucked in.

We did not die for this shit. My friends died for the greed of the neo-conservative chicken hawks.

'But war's a game which, were their subjects wise, Kings would not play at'

We started this sh!t and it was half @ssed in finishing it. We have about 1000 defensive troops at the US Embassy complex w/support. I hate to send more troops but, we never should have left. This kind of action takes a generation or two to make sure it sticks. Thinking more to come.

* Media over reaction Alert *

...and Iran reaction alert.

Just being contrarian to the always lying mainstream media (US and Iran both). Maybe its not so bad folks. The shias asked for this by dumping on the sunnis very badly. By the SAME REASON, if AQ goes nuts, the sunnis will eliminate AQ, as they have before. Granted *that* assumes AQ does not become too entrenched. Apparently, AQ is being led by a large number of old Saddam's officers and generals, which helps explain their rapid success -- and is a good reason we should havev kept them employed in the new regime instead of eliminating them. I don't think these guys are very AQ~esque, and they are very smart and well trained.

Look for Iraq to split into Sunni, Kurd, and Shia partial states. If AQ goes nuts, it should be self-defeating, as the Sunnis won't tolerate that, and, the body count for AQ will skyrocket if they push far into Shia and Kurd areas.

Also, this assumes we don't get "involved" on one side against the other and mess things up again. Iran and Saud as well, for that matter. Like men around llamas, its hard to keep hands off.

The best poast ever about this I saw on another forum....Hope some AQ leader brags that "The road to Mecca runs through Bagdad." Then watch the sauds, our ally, and creator of AQ, panick big time lol.

* Media over reaction Alert *

...and Iran reaction alert.

Just being contrarian to the always lying mainstream media (US and Iran both). Maybe its not so bad folks. The shias asked for this by dumping on the sunnis very badly. By the SAME REASON, if AQ goes nuts, the sunnis will eliminate AQ, as they have before. Granted *that* assumes AQ does not become too entrenched. Apparently, AQ is being led by a large number of old Saddam's officers and generals, which helps explain their rapid success -- and is a good reason we should havev kept them employed in the new regime instead of eliminating them. I don't think these guys are very AQ~esque, and they are very smart and well trained.

Look for Iraq to split into Sunni, Kurd, and Shia partial states. If AQ goes nuts, it should be self-defeating, as the Sunnis won't tolerate that, and, the body count for AQ will skyrocket if they push far into Shia and Kurd areas.

Also, this assumes we don't get "involved" on one side against the other and mess things up again. Iran and Saud as well, for that matter. Like men around llamas, its hard to keep hands off.

The best poast ever about this I saw on another forum....Hope some AQ leader brags that "The road to Mecca runs through Bagdad." Then watch the sauds, our ally, and creator of AQ, panick big time lol.

I don't think its an over reaction alert, this sh!t happened, been happening.

I will never support US troops in a foreign war again.

I will never support US troops in a foreign war again.

I will always support the troops, just not the assholes who put them there.

• Like 3

My mom said the exact same thing about the B-1Bs. I think Dad and I shouldn´t have made her watch that Discovery Channel documentary. I'm just concerned that without proper intel or on the ground FACs it could derive in a higher risk of civilians being killed.