Dave

The Official CombatAce MTV Thread

Yes Dave, the early 1980s videos are really what put MTV on the map. By the late 80s they were starting to get away from the original formula to the point that they had to create VH1 in order to generate revenue from their original core audience.

While there are tons of videos from '81 through '85 that I like, I have to say that these two from ZZ Top's Eliminator LP (1983)  are my favorites.

Edited by Fubar512

I'm a fan of Jazz / New Age, and usually when I'm flying a mission, I have the music on.

This is my contribution. No fancy visuals or screenplay...just one very smooth song.

But....since we're talking about MTV, this is my all-time favorite video EVER.

Love the hair.

• Like 1

I miss Alternative Nation. No, I didn't like Kennedy, but she was a small price to pay for some great alt rock bands in the 90s.

I miss the concerts they used to show at midnight on fridays. Also I miss headbangers ball and those contests.

Think I could post a tune I like from about any decade but when it comes to creative The Prodigy take some beating

Hope its not to "out there" for ya's

Blue angels skyhawks to the tune of dreams by Van Halen, 1986. First watched this on u2b. that video's no longer available but vividly remember one of the pilots' daughter commented on it "My dad's name is xxxx xxx and he was flying the first jet on the left. So good to see this video again." (or something to that effect). I was totally amazed by it.

seems utube has gone completely corporate and wiped this video all out. mayhaps it stays a while on vimeo.

Edited by Do335
  • Like 1