EricJ

Cancelled DCS Super Hornet Discussion....

I don't know why I can't post on my own topic but you can... No worries.

Sigh.... it's not ED being retarded (well in a way they were) but this is why I got banned:

Sukhoi25 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Super Hornet for DCS - in the DCS Mods forum of ED Forums. This thread is located at:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144327&goto=newpost Here is the message that has just been posted:***************Eric, i'll suggest you to add also the AIM-9X to weapons if not already planned ;) Meantwhile, the Block II SH doesn't have an AESA Raytheon APG-79 (capability to lock up at 20 A/A, A/G or A/S targets and combat 10 of them, if i remember right) and _not_ APG-73. There was an excellent website with radar dates if i find the link, i'll get back to you!***************

They assumed (incorrectly) that I had received such data (which I didn't) and banned me.  So in all honesty I've deleted everything related to DCS on the websites (except for here) and removed it from my computer, as well as removed a lot of contacts related to the company. That shithead put a bullseye on me and frankly I've had it myself since apparently I got fucked over somebody's stupidity.  So given it's not total public knowledge I can't do anything related to DCS because they'll assume I'm out to fuck them, so fuck them too

And regardless they in a way did the right thing, only the Moderatror (my guess it was shitspawn who did it and didn't request an Admin to review my PMs before banning me) did it so fast that one second I was posting, went back to edit the topic and next thing I know I was banned)..

I'm sick of the redonkulous games they play anyway man, all they do is fuck you and expect to do it with a smile.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

well thats whats you get for dealing with folks who share an acronym with erectile disfuntion......... :biggrin:

Well in fairness they did to the right thing by removing and doing what they did to a degree.

All I know is that:

- Sukhoi25 put a bullseye on my head by offering classified data when I specifically said we're doing ONLY the APG-73 and didn't think it through, so he fucked me

- I'm pretty sure ShitSpawn was the one who banned me, with glee perhaps (drinking too much Kool-Aid kid) and made me look like the bad guy, deleting the topic so he could make up any story he wanted, so you fucked me too kid.

And I'll never do anything for DCS as long as I live (or in a decade when I calm down), not even here.  I'm sick of the threats, harassment and the outright shafting I got over this episode.

All i Know people is that if the situation was handled better this wouldn't have happened, so given my animosity, I can't fault them too much.  They were doing something to protect themslelves but ended up making it worse than it should be.

I'm done, going back to SF2 anyway so this is a good enough reason to.

Edited by EricJ

Somewhat unfortunate and disappointing considering you were willing to get off your A and get something moving.

Welcome back to SF2 world  :pilotfly:

Yeah the team was kicking some serious ass man, we were just on a roll :smile:

Well krfrge was working on that Asian map so I was a bit excited for it anyway :smile: So I need to do some more bomb practice so I can shake off the rust...

What a shame and what a stupid kneejerk reaction. They should of checked with you first, instead they assumed you were talking to this yutz.

Ayup, that would make sense man, but it is what it is.  Maybe ten years is a stretch but any attempt to do anything via a modern airplane is out of the question that's for sure (even the Growler I didn't want to touch, not even with a ten foot pole).  And they should have checked my PMs first, Shit I was banned so fast that even if that dude had tried to send me shit, I wouldn't have gotten it...

Such a shame. Sorry to see this happen, Eric. Thank you for keeping your stuff uploaded here and for exposing the truth about the darker, shady side of the DSC community.

In all honesty man I just don't (as well as everybody I've talked to) can't see how I got banned when I didn't do shit wrong.

But yeah man, I really didn't care about the ED Forums anyway, I posted there only because it was for their product, I didn't have any enthusiasm or desire to be there in the first place.  But if they want to be shitheads then they'll be shitheads, so fuck 'em.

• Like 1

And quite honestly the continued lack of sound judgement displayed by some of the ED representatives makes me wonder sometimes.  I mean they've gone plaid in my mind man, and I'm supposed to be screwed in the head...

Oh that made my day... Especially the end...  But some of it is true, some not.. but yeah that's great man, just beautiful...

But no matter how retarded they act I'm still legally bound by past NDAs so maybe on my deathbed I'll tell all but not while I'm still kicking and breathing.

Edited by EricJ

Eagle Dynamics is a company of crooks. They removed all things pertaining to the Ukrainian theater from their maps and and censor the hell out of their forum to protect their country's foreign policy. No self-respecting American would do that.

They are a company of sleazy, time-wasting bandits who keep using kickstarters to rob their victims, one over-promised project at a time.

If it wasn't for kickstarters, they wouldn't have a profit the way they run things.

Well that commentary on the kickstarter was disturbing, given that they threatened legal action against me should I start one, but they can do them?

They're ending up being a company that thinks they're above the law yet will slam you with it should you do "something wrong". 

As said man, I'm done with their stupidity and pretty much are ceasing to exist in my mind.  I mean I removed my entries in my LinkedIn profile and going to upload a new JFO-JTAC-Pilot guide without any mention of me working for them in a few. 

Edited by EricJ

Which kickstarter commentary are you talking about? What type of KS are you thinking of starting?

Well in that video above he mentions that RRG started a kickstarter for DCS WWII and ended up fucking the backers out of any awards or benefits.  Given I didn't pay attention to the WWII stuff I didn't know of that, but if true that is pretty shady so yeah... Oh some people offered to donate money for any costs associated with the Super Hornet given that I paid for all three models myself (as well as anything else which didn't come up) but I was told through Skate that any crowdfunding was "illegal" somehow and given I didn't want any drama (fat chance that) I said whatever, and dropped the issue and focused on the product.  I mean they could have said "Hey man, the shit may cause some issues like controversy, and the like, so it's a good idea not to."  Which in my mind makes perfect logical sense rather than threatening legal action, which is just bullying and poor customer relations.  I mean if I continued after they told me that than I"d be the retard as that to anybody is a logical thing and something to avoid (drama associated with fund allocation, politics associated with how much and so on), so they have a really weird sense of sending out messages that to you and me would mean common sense things not to do, but they just come out with all these threats. I mean I really (believe it or not) don't want to devolve this topic into a "Fuck ED" topic, at least not too much, but their logic leaves little to be desired) I guess given most people and people who never do any sort of modding just don't understand the Big Picture, but seriously i've worked with he company for at least a decade so I'm not new to how they operate so their signals have gotten so stupid that I've given up.  I mean I'm pretty sure I would have gotten banned over if a poster asked for the specs on a lollipop, so yeah I'm not planning on doing any kickstarters for anything as I tend to manage my money somewhat better than most people.

And pretty much what happened on Saturday to this day (and until the day I die, and as well to others too) pretty much shows the level of stupidity that the company has become and defies any logic.  At one time they were adults but now they just act like children, and need to grow up and get some balls and take responsibility for their actions.  As I'll never be a part of any community, company that fails to take responsibility for their actions, which is in my mind, pathetic and I need to move on to better things in life.

But to be fair there are a few good people but you know well as I do the actions of a few shitheads ruins it all for everybody else.

Edited by EricJ

The base problem here is that those guys face no opposition. For combat choppers there's nothing else, NOTHING. For combat aircraft it's a good balance between realism and fun combined with good graphics. For many people SF2 falls short in realistm terms and Falcon 4 is a bit too much (specially cause is a old engine with poor terrain/ground unit graphics, and the hability to fly only one airplane). So, in my point of view imagine a workd where only McDonalds make burguers, with no opposition, they will start to treat customers like shit and do whatever they want. I think is pretty similar to the DCS situation.

What a shame TK cannot read the situation and release a 40$ big realism update and start make money.

Edited by Stratos
  • Like 3

Lost it at 8 miles in that vid!

Has it got worse just over the past few years?

ED revised the WWII awards and they have been allocated to people who backed them (including myself). The original WWII project team led by Oleg and Ilya didnt last long at all after the kickstarter money was raised - ran out of many and went quiet.........

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126824

Whether ED could legally slash the rewards is something I am gladly not going to give a toss about - but if a free Lawyer in international trades law with Russia is about then perhaps they can advise how to waste time making an issue out of it  :biggrin:

I'm not worried about them anymore, nor do I care anymore, I'm just going to move on and do better things in my life, so if that was a wrong thing on the kickstarter project then so be it.  But agreed Stratos, McDonalds used to be the Best and look at them now....

• Like 1

Lost it at 8 miles in that vid!

Has it got worse just over the past few years?

ED revised the WWII awards and they have been allocated to people who backed them (including myself). The original WWII project team led by Oleg and Ilya didnt last long at all after the kickstarter money was raised - ran out of many and went quiet.........

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126824

Whether ED could legally slash the rewards is something I am gladly not going to give a toss about - but if a free Lawyer in international trades law with Russia is about then perhaps they can advise how to waste time making an issue out of it  :biggrin:

Great, as a 1$ wwI backer, I have a P51 or a FW190D !

Falcon 4 is a bit too much (specially cause is a old engine with poor terrain/ground unit graphics, and the hability to fly only one airplane).

One actually can fly any aircraft in Falcon with pits and FM and whatnot, the avionics albeit F-16 is still very extended due to the 16's multi-role nature. Not having an audience as wide as DCS with Falcon BMS imo is none other than its free ware nature, that it cannot reach the stability, compatibility and easiness of use compared to the standards of decent commercial ware.

IMO the steep learning curve of figuring out the avionics etc is pretty overrated... When one gets to the avionics part you're on the right track of playing the sim and most likely enjoying it, plus one only needs to figure out just a few buttons to play instant action. The learning curve of configuring the software, aka the old "dance" is the hard barrier there. Over the years I've resorted to a habit of at least cleaning the puter once a month just to iron out the CTDs / graphic anomalies due to over heating, and even a few windows re-installs. The multiplayer success rate (everybody connects oK, no weird stuff during flight) in retrospect felt like only 60-70% counting all the sessions.

My 2c....

As for DCS itself I can only think of "communist" style community management. See a post ya don't like, censor it! See some one ya don't like, labor camp... uur... ban him! I for one is unable to stomach it.

Edited by Do335

Agreed, but hopefully the feedback from other forums will hopefully do something for the better, given the apparent backlash it generated not just here...   Besides it may be a cultural thing as well as other issues, so now that a lot of people have voiced their grievances (real or imagined, but the imagined may naturally be ignored)  out we'll have to see if they finally realize that yes, the community that they have to support is worth it and not only about the bottom line, but general customer relations as a whole.