Hello all!  I have noticed in some of the F-15's when using dumb bombs the CCIP always makes the bombs fall way short, while I can correct for this I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this... I personally cannot find anything in the INI's anything about the F-15E's CCIP anyone know how to fix this?  other jets like F-16's and F/A-18's don't have this issue in my install

use a shallow dive and set the ripple to a high number like 90 milis or cant recall the ripple number for the eagle also set drop to 3 or more bombs
for leveled drop use retarded bombs like the snakeyes or any other high drag bomb.

It may be a terrain issue... i have a couple of terrains that were originally from series 1 most notably the Yap Vietnam terrain     The height field is not right and the bombs fall short.

Ive fixed that problem (IIRC...) when i worked on the updated F-15E avionics

Have to dig out the files and check...

CCIP can be adjusted in the avionics ini for rockets, HUD section , RocketBoresightAngle=

For one type or to get a usable average solution ..  it also depends on another related value in the aircraft's data ini ..

int he aircrafT's data ini

[FlightControl]   section, look for (add if missing)

RocketBoresightAngle=0      ( make avionics ini value match this value )

If you change the angle in the data, then the AI has trouble aiming ..  which requires adjusting AimPitchOffset in the next section,

[RocketAttackAI]
AimPitchOffset=0.5  

All that is for rockets only..

I'm still looking for my updated F-15E files...

hmmm interesting I tried playing around with those values earlier to no avail but now that you say its for rockets that makes sense haha.  I would be very appreciative if you did find some updated F-15E files! If its not too much trouble would you also have the updated INI's for the S/K/I/SG as well?  Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JacksonM

View File New Loadout for DFW C.V stock airplane
      Hi FE Flyers!
      Here is new loadout for the stock DFW C.V airplane.
       More precisely:
      - 4 x PuW_12.5kg (about 50kg, this is stock bomb armament)
      16 x PuW_12.5kg (about 200kg, new type of armament, made by me)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --To install this mod, extract "DFWC5_Loadout.ini" and "DFWC5_Data.ini" files from "Loadout" folder to your "DFWC5" folder (Probably, this folder is here: C:/Program Files/ThirdWire/WWI/Objects/Aircraft )

--To uninstall, just delete the files.

Happy Flying!
      Jackson M.

Submitter JacksonM Submitted 02/02/2018 Category Other Entente Aircraft  
    • By JacksonM
      Hi FE Flyers!
      Here is new loadout for the stock DFW C.V airplane.
       More precisely:
      - 4 x PuW_12.5kg (about 50kg, this is stock bomb armament)
      16 x PuW_12.5kg (about 200kg, new type of armament, made by me)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --To install this mod, extract "DFWC5_Loadout.ini" and "DFWC5_Data.ini" files from "Loadout" folder to your "DFWC5" folder (Probably, this folder is here: C:/Program Files/ThirdWire/WWI/Objects/Aircraft )

--To uninstall, just delete the files.

Happy Flying!
      Jackson M.

• By Phasers
      Is there a way to change the colors in the heads up display?
    • By KJakker
      This is a link to and quote of Killerfish Games post about setting toolbar positions on the HUD in Cold Waters.
      How To Display All Toolbars

• By ignacioc91

View File HUD modification for SF2
      Hi!!! I felt tired of the "HUD" information, so I modified the HUDDATA.ini, and I'm sharing it with you guys!

The attached photos speak for themselves. I only left the enemy red box, the red cone that marks it's direction, and the yellow diamond for radar acquisition. If you want, you can modify it to suit your needs. Just unzip, and move it to your mods folder, to the Flight directory. If you don't have one, create it. Doubts? Just PM!!!I hope you like it!!!

Greets,
      Ignacioc91
      Submitter ignacioc91 Submitted 09/15/2013 Category ini File Edits  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..