The key is that it happened first in Korea, then got repeated in Vietnam. Both stories are amazing.

8 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

When someone stated that in Vietnam covered any role is true...

Obviously mean the F-4!

10 hours ago, streakeagle said:

The key is that it happened first in Korea, then got repeated in Vietnam. Both stories are amazing.

Don't forget the absent minded guy who tried to do the same in WW2 with a Corsair to help a Zero, but ended up cutting its tail with the prop. Oopsie.

• Haha 1

Prop aircraft would have to use a different approach. A pair could try to push with wingtips. Or you could come up and try to use the vertical stabilizer to push on the wing... that would probably be the safest possibility.

Thank you for sharing the story.  I enjoyed reading it.:drinks:

Thought I would add this to the thread. Robbie Risner's push.

Edited by KJakker

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DamianTeo
      I was quite heartened by the positive comments received about my previous Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam comic strip, title A Long Day, posted by MigBuster on the news forum. It made me want to finish another comic strip that I had left on the back burner due to lack of time. Well, I've finally finished it, and I guess it'll be nice to post in on here as my very first topic on the CombatAce site.

Some information on what I used to make this comic strip, and my previous one as well, is that I used the Comic Life 3 comic builder program, which is payware. For both comics, I flew the mission and took screenshots using Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam with full merged installs of all the SF2 titles, excluding the TW expansion packs. The mod I'm using is SF2V Air Ground War Expansion Pack, before the 2014 update for the first comic, and for this comic, the last two pages uses the updated 2014 Air Ground War Expansion Pack.

The Huey's are from Yankee Air Pirate, and the LRRP's, and the ground combat portion basically in this comic, are from ARMA II, an awesome sandbox military simulator. The mod I am using for ARMA II is the UNSUNG Vietnam War mod version 1.5, the second last version of the awesome mod.

I also took the liberty to attach the CombatAce logo, along with a cheesy tagline, to make my comic strips a sort of CombatAce only comics. I hope it does not infringe into any copyright or anything. I am not making money from these comics. The idea of doing this was inspired by the Commando comics series. I just thought it might be cool.

It's time to join the Wild Boars of the 390th TFS as they fly to the help of a LRRP team in trouble in South Vietnam.

Hope you guys enjoy this comic adventure!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..