Jump to content

Flanker562

MODERATOR
  • Posts

    13,431
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

Everything posted by Flanker562

  1. Thanks to C.Eagle, I managed to incoporate a tripod for the UA-57. I think it works well, and need to put a magazine of some sort, because a 1000 round mag has to be somewhere on the model
  2. I think DCS and SF1/2 have gone in different directions, despite being (as far as SF2 is concerned). Where SF1/SF2 have stagnated to a portion that buyer confidence is kinda not there. Its still a good game, and SF2 remains on my hard drive, but more and more DCS is better, just due to the fact that DCS is constantly evolving and getting better. I think the parity is totally different: TK wanted more of a "simple game" than the abject complexity of DCS. I mean both have their detractors, and DCS is far from perfect, given that fedliety is also a curse, where developers take a year or so to get a functional airplane and the way ED handles business with it's third party developers. ED is ED, and so on, but I don't think that DCS will also not take me away from the Thirdwire series. I hardly play DCS since I'm not in a milsim/virtual squadron, but overall I find sometimes that SF2 is just good fro hopping in a jet, and flying without al the clicky components that DCS offers. I mean sometimes people go overboard about the complexity, but sometimes even in some cases I just want to hop in, run the autostart, and then go fly. As far as longevity, it remains to be seen if DCS can bring in the same jets as SF2 as far as stock aircraft that are present in the TW series of games. I mean its great , both have their detractors, and DCS is far from perfect, given that fidelity is also a curse, where developers take a year or so to get a functional airplane, and the way ED handles business with its third-party, sometimes people go overboard about the complexity, but sometimes, even in some cases, it's a welcome sight to see and interact with all those cute switches and do things that SF2 could never do in a million years. It remains to be seen that if DCS makes a Vietnam map, the desire for the older jets (and props) will turn out.
  3. A new episode of For Whom the Bell Tolls is posted, start anew or catch up: https://bit.ly/4tbZws0
  4. It's actually pretty neat you have the AIM-120s and how their mounted on the pylons.
  5. AH-1Z RC28 - Removed some texture errors - Hopefully cleared another rpt error Flanker562 Weapons Pack RC131 - Tweaked the TA64 3D scopes to be more friendly to head trackers by pulling the memory point back a bit. - Added 7-round magazines for the ACP2-CP using the Magazine Well system. Also available are JHP+ magazines - Adjusted the cost of the bullets, increased them to make them more likely to be used by AI - Fixed class name inheritance for the .45ACP rounds, should be close to what they really are. Flanker562 Helicopter Pack RC193 - Weapons on the Ka-125 pylons sit on them as they're supposed to on - Added a "UH-80D Ghost Hawk" that has a full datalink system, unlike the apparent receive-only setup, which should help in missions with datalinked units - Removed the old ESSS pylons on the Battle Hawk and replaced them with the ones mounted on the CheroHawk. - Cleaned up and added new UI images for a wide variety of helicopters - UA-57 Sentry Gun works as intended, has rotating barrels and muzzle flash. - Removed Laser Designator from the TF562 Sharpshooter
  6. I remember I didn't like the color for the Su-33 in Flanker 2.51, and retextured it to a more darker green, which worked out pretty well though, so the green does work as intended, even if it was a for a simulator.
  7. Flanker562 ACPC2-CP Mags RC1 - First Release https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3712739832&result=1
  8. Well thanks to HorribleGoat, I managed to get the muzzleflash working, so it's technically "Feature complete" as it's just a simple automated turret of course, now with functioning barrels and muzzleflash. I may add some more components to flesh it out, but it works, it kills. I also forgot to mention it's datalinked to friendly units, so you can see the little green box in the Sensor display. It will probably engage any infantry units that show up and show you it's engaging them when they disappear.
  9. Wow, I skipped the video, but the text is good enough though.
  10. Other work that was done was adding Pylons Settings images, which needed to be done for some of the helicopters, like the Ka-125 and Ka-145. Those will be in the update this Sunday. More or less, it's not a priority, but I think the UH-92 CheroHawk needs some work on the position of the drop-down menus. I need to look at it and fix it so it represents the actual positions so it's easier to figure out what goes where.
  11. I recently saw a current Battlehawk, and looked close to the CheroHawk wings, so I simply copied and pasted the wings from that bird to the BattleHawk, giving it some more of an updated look rather than the outdated ESSS pylons and wings. It's been adjusted and more attention to detail (pylons work the same, just in different positions, etc.):
  12. Well, after messing with the UA-57, I managed after messing with the UA-57 I manaed to get the barrels to spin. Was having issues with Buldozer, then managed to Google a fix, and things are better now with that. Overall I'm not sure if the muzzle flash (the last issue I need to tackle) of the system, as after that is done, it'll be feature complete, though I do want to add some sensorlike stuff to it, to flesh it out and make it more of an automated look and such for the people who care about such stuff. Otherwise it works as intended so far, so that's good.
  13. Tengo un libro nuevo; es de #fantasía épica y ha sido traducido por MT Hart. Échale un vistazo en algún momento: https://amzn.to/4tAy5Io
  14. This is true, and this is a topic for videos though...
  15. Just creating a topic for those who actually play the Arma series of games.
  16. Arma 3 came out in 2013 and I've been playing it quite regularly and do modding for it. As a whole DCS is just modules with a slow turnout due to the sheer amount of work that they have to do. I can see the creep (and having worked them in a tester/texture artist capability I saw a lot of the behind the scenes stuff, so I don't complain that much about the slow pace and whatever updates come out. But SF2 is just nice for simple stuff, and so on, and not really heavy on the transactions. I mean I don't think of most games that I play as "pay to win", especially with flight simulators at least. I mean it gets expensive, but that's for some other places I suppose.
  17. Okay the "UH-80D" is configged (took no time to do it), so that'll be up this Sunday with the other update fixing the pylons on the Ka-125. More or less this week seems to be a little light, unless there are more issues to solve with the mods. Hopefully things are more or less kosher across the board. I'm hoping one day to somewhat walk away, but my imagination and other people's requests keep showing up. I'm thinking of maybe doing things that I've said no to, but for now I'm chilling out, getting used to the Head Tracker with shooting infantry weapons in the game, I've pretty much become comfortable with it on other games though, so that's good.
  18. And when you hear "Fox 3" in a soundfile it's the friendly forces firing one, not the enemy firing.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..