About This File
F-4T Phantom II Air Superiority Fighter 1.0
The F-4T was a late 1970s proposal by McDonnell for a stripped F-4E optimized for the air superiority role. All air-to-ground capability was to be eliminated and associated equipment removed. The armament consisting solely of the built-in M61A1 cannon, the four belly-mounted AIM-7 Sparrow missiles, and the four wing-mounted AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, or an alternative warload of six AIM-7. A digital computer was to have handled the weapons system.
By the late 1970s, the Phantom was clearly old technology, and no customers ever expressed any interest in the F-4T. The project was abandoned before anything could be built. It was never clear but it was suspected that the proposal had been aimed at a particular potential export customer.
BUT what if the F-4T had entered production, either in foreign service, or to supplement the F-15A, or even as a potential alternative to the F-16A ADF?
And so I give you the F-4T Phantom II Air Superiority Fighter:
- Base aircraft is the 'F-4E_79 TISEO & ARN-101' from Ravenclaw and co’s awesome F-4E USAF pack.
- Deleted all air to ground weapons capability.
- Each inner wing weapon station can carry either 2x AIM-9 or 1x AIM-7 or an ECM pod.
- Empty weight, empty inertia and stall speed lowered to that of the stripped out Third Wire F-4F. This makes it probably the most maneuverable and best dogfighting F-4 Phantom models, other than the IAF Super Kurnass 2000 prototype.
- Retained AN/ARN-101 antenna for long range navigation.
- Retained TISEO for target identification.
- Higher 'G' HPC center drop tank.
- Cleaned up the ‘noises’ and shadows on the radar display to better represent the digital filtering of the Digital Scan Converter Group (DSCG) radar display later model F-4E were equipped with.
- Added Pulse Doppler look-down function to the AN/APG-120 radar, as later model F-4E Phantom’s upgraded with the AN/AWG-10A digital fire control computer had this feature.
- Changed the gunsight reticle to the green and red colored AN/ASG-26A which was also used on the F-4G Wild Weasel.
- Ghost Grey Air Superiority camouflage scheme.
- Changed the fiscal year component of the serial numbers to the late 70's: 77, 78 or 79.
Included in this mod are:
- F-4T Phantom II
- 9 different USAF, ANG and AFRES skins.
- 7 different USAF, ANG and AFRES squadrons.
- High resolution Ghost Grey camo F-4E PSD templates
- F-4T hanger & loading screens
To Install simply un pack and drop into your mods folder.
Animation / Function
- Air Refuel
- Gun Vent ______________ automatic when gun is fired or as soon as the landing gear is deployed
- original model by TW , BPAO , Crab_02
- cockpits from TW
- TISEO made by Crusader
- 3D model , textures and weapons by ravenclaw_007
- Pilot, Florian & JAT81500