Sure it does, diamond or square.

As to the origins, C5, of what?

The "Fatemoblie?" I am fairly confident this is the 1st time in my 48 years I have ever clapped eyes on it.

But that may be due to my not being a Cheesehead...

:biggrin:

How about the Fatemobile? See the little canon on the front?

Sure it does, diamond or square.

As to the origins, C5, of what?

The "Fatemoblie?" I am fairly confident this is the 1st time in my 48 years I have ever clapped eyes on it.

But that may be due to my not being a Cheesehead...

:biggrin:

I don't know why but this picture talk to me about the magnificent two cartoon series from Hanna-Barbera :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wacky Races

Link

dickmuttleygr2.th.jpg

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines

Link

dastardlymuttleycastjk2.th.jpg

Can you see my Avatar?

Mau.

Edited by HrntFixr
Please remove images from reply quotes.

The A-12 was a single-seat Blackbird flown by the CIA, it didn't do attack. That was the LATER A-12 that was known as "the Flying Dorito" that was canceled by Cheney in 1990 or so.

The YF-12 was an interceptor IR tracker/radar/missile armed fighter with internal missile bays. That would be awesome to use against waves of Soviet bombers! :grin:

The YF-12 was an interceptor IR tracker/radar/missile armed fighter with internal missile bays. That would be awesome to use against waves of Soviet bombers! :grin:

Not to mention that the MiG-31 Firefox would finally meet its match!!! :good:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

I don't know why but this picture talk to me about the magnificent two cartoon series from Hanna-Barbera :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wacky Races

Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines

Can you see my Avatar?

Mau.

I think those cartoons were heavily influenced by this Jack Lemmon / Tony Curtis movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059243/

Professor Fate versus The Great Leslie! :clapping:

Jedi::

The YF-12 was an interceptor IR tracker/radar/missile armed fighter with internal missile bays. That would be awesome to use against waves of Soviet bombers!

pffft. Best used in waves of penetration fighter to keep strike corridors clean of hostile interceptors like MiG-25s or Tu-128s (WIP). If an F-12 misses a target or two, it should keep going like Durcacell Bunny as more F-12s come up behind fully armed. You can't slow down and dogfight in something like this, its one shot per PVO pony and then onto other ponies. But then any PVO interceptors if they are turned from their target, will then never catch their target -- F-12 mission success. I plan to have SAC use a modified B-58 (FB-58? :biggrin: ) for this purpose until F-12 becomes available in numbers.

That would be awesome to use against waves of Soviet bombers! :grin:

Yes it would. One of the last projects developed under the assumption that the Soviets would send waves of supersonic bombers against us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_YF-12

Perhaps to counter this (well, things like it):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_T-4

U could do a fictional F-14 with Engines like the raptors and canards

That's a good idea... perhaps something like a Super Tomcat 21 or QuickStrike F-14...

(No Offence), But with canards... NAH.... they don't suit a Tomcat...

"We can melt, we can blast, we can raise above!!! Bring us down, push the button, Max"

BOOM!!!!

MAAAAAAXXXXX!!!!

one of our favorite movies.

Wrench

kevin stein

I've wanted a Sukhoi T-4 ever since SFP1 came out. Mix a B-58 and an XB-70!

Da Vinci's helicopter?

p2.jpg

Wings over the Rennesance? :biggrin: would be interested to see that thing dog fighting against his ornithopter.

Wings over the Rennesance? :biggrin: would be interested to see that thing dog fighting against his ornithopter.

Nobody has ever made a sim based on ancient flying machines...why not...

Or grape-shot "flak"...fired out of a culverin...

On topic: I'd love an SR-71!

Nobody has ever made a sim based on ancient flying machines...why not...

Ah...a 'steampunk' scenario?

I'm still bummed we haven't had a good follow up to a Crimson Skies beginning...

FastCargo

And I suggested some fooling around with WWI designs... guess people are just too serious here :biggrin:

SR-71 flies fast. This thing flies high

m55-8.jpg

Any in-game flak that can reach 21500m? :haha:

That the Mayachisckev (how the hell do you spell that?) M-55 Mystic?

WE spell it easily cause in Russian it's got only 7 letters :wink:

Yeah, that's M-55. Seen it on MAKS-2007 very close... didn't realise before how huge it is. BTW, I think I got loads of pictures of stuff from that airshow, both mine and some downloaded from torrents (even with video!)... but so far I found the strength only put up >this gallery. Don't get jealous, I did it for EECH team :blush:

All that size is in the wings. Take them off and it's a rather normal-sized plane.

I think it's maybe a most intresting aircraft in the world...

SR-71 vs. MiG-31 ? would be........... cool!

vulkan

Also, if I did make a recon SR-71, would anyone be interested in a fictional strike version with internal weapons bays?

Uh. Wrong. They weren't FICTIONAL. They were REAL.

F-12B - OPERATIONAL VERSION OF THE YF-12A, USAF WANTED 93 F-12B. ORDERED INTO PRODUCTION 14 MAY 1965. ARMED WITH 4 X AIM-47S. TOP SPEED OF MACH 3.5 (2,600 MPH) AT 90-100,000 FT. CAPABLE OF DESTROYING BOMBERS AT ANY SPEED OR ALTITUDE MORE THAN 100 MILES AWAY.

2 MAN CREW

2 X PW J58 MODEL JT11D-20A 34,000 LBS EACH

70,000 LB EMPTY

125,000 LB GROSS WEIGHT

101 FT 8 IN LENGHT (31M)

55 FT 7 IN WINGSPAN

1795 SQ FT WING AREA

18 FT 6 IN HEIGHT

MAX SPEED IN EXCESS OF MACH 3.3 (2,250 MPH) MAX RANGE UNREFUELLED 3,000 MILES, MAX CEILING 100,000 FT.

3 X AIM-47B

1 x M61 20MM VULCAN

OR

4 X AIM-47B

-------

B-12/RS-71 - DEDICATED STRATEGIC BOMBER, KILLED BY LEMAY WHO DID NOT WANT ANY CHALLENGERS FOR B-70, REVIVED AS RS-71. HAD A ROTARY LAUNCHER HOLDING FOUR NUCLEAR STORES (SRAMs)

FB-12 - FIGHTER BOMBER, SIMILAR TO F-12B, HELD TWO AIM-7E OR -7F IN TWO FRONT WEAPON BAYS, AND TWO AGM-69AS IN TWO REAR WEAPONS BAYS. PROPOSED RADAR WERE AN/AWG-10 AND AN/APQ-114 ATTACK RADAR (LATER USED ON F-111A AND -111B), AND AN/APQ-130 ATTACK RADAR (LATER USED ON f-111D)

We wants it...this map...yesssss

Wrench

kevin stein

The 6000 "SF" kilometer map size caused the SF Tile Layers Union to walk out on strike.

Hopefully, the union will accept an offer of 4000 meter tile size.