Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

Also, I think we need a new Weapon Editor.

Just returned from WoV with the new patch (since I got a stock WoV install, my WoE install is the one that is modded to no end). All I need to say...holy cow, this is mad, there is a difference, and it's huge.

Did not try with WoE yet (in anticipation of the patch I kept my installation minimal in terms of mods). I think I could pass out from the sheer awesomeness the patch offered.

Edited by kct

Clean Install & Patch is the way to go. . .

My previous "Modern" WoE/WoV combined install is running at 10.8Gb, no way I'm firing the new patch at that, something is bound to get borked.

So, I have made a new WoE install, patched it, and added:

Brain32/CA_Stary Germany_CE tileset & Treemod

cellinsky's Widesky v1.0

Fubar512's WoE shaders v1.0

JSF_Aggie's Hi_res Runway Textures v2.0

I am now having a blast flying a 1962 Hunter campaign, and no probs to report so far :biggrin::good:

I just can't face the thought of upgrading all my WW2 installs. . . shudder :shok:

But, I will. . . :yes:

Also, I think we need a new Weapon Editor.

A new weapons editor was released with WoI (SP5). I believe that we it's available it in our utilities section, if not, I'll upload it.

Bunyap's weapons do not show at all. So, clean install, install patch and leave it with stock weapons.

Bunyap's weapons work fine. You need to re-save the weapondata.ini using the SP5 weapon editor.

Again, I'm using Buny's weps with absolutely zero issues.

The 'open and save' method works for the TMF SFP1/WoV/WoE WP. Haven't try with my 'super hybrid' WP yet.

The 'open and save' method works for the TMF SFP1/WoV/WoE WP. Haven't try with my 'super hybrid' WP yet.

That's what used to screw me with the copying over weapons packs from WOI to the others in the past. I forgot to update the weapons.dat.

Does the WOE patch run the game on vista with shaders activated now?Reason I ask readme specifies OS as 2000/XP

Tried with the WOI wepeditor and it works just SWEEEEEET!

Thanks guys! This community rocks as always! XD

Does the WOE patch run the game on vista with shaders activated now?Reason I ask readme specifies OS as 2000/XP

yes.

yes.

Thank you ,sir-Operation Install trundles underway!

Edited by Stick

Guest pfunkmusik

Zero luck using Bun's Weapons Pack. Better off with stock until we figure out how to change what.

pfunk

Zero luck using Bun's Weapons Pack. Better off with stock until we figure out how to change what.

pfunk

I just explained how to do it. It worked the first time I tried it. Did you delete the weapondata.dat file first? Theoretically, it's not necessary, but as they say, sh!t happens...

pfunk

Yes it works jusr fine, Ran it through the editor and no problem. I deleted the .dat file to then ran it through. Bingo no problems. However that was just a test. Most of us have moved to the MF weps pack, better organization and comformity.

In fact I pull stuff from Bunyaps weps packs, add Fast Cargo's stuff to the MF weps pack and man you get one super sweet weps pack.

In fact I pull stuff from Bunyaps weps packs, add Fast Cargo's stuff to the MF weps pack and man you get one super sweet weps pack.

Dave's right. A bit of work, but well worth the effort.

Don't mind me askin; but are the Windows Vista issues (water & terrain shader effects) resolved with these patches?

Yes. Check other posts in this thread about it. Vista owners rejoice!

FastCargo

Don't mind me askin; but are the Windows Vista issues (water & terrain shader effects) resolved with these patches?

Wishing there was a way to patch just this and the AI , would be a good compromise while the new installs slowly takes shape.

Maybe I'll ask on 3rdwire forum...

On the other had DS mod, will be great way to start the new era ..

Also I have a few ideas to try. Ill keep you posted

Edited by Canadair

Wishing there was a way to patch just this and the AI , would be a good compromise while the new installs slowly takes shape.

You have good luck with that.....while TK says no. Because you KNOW he will.

You need to cut the jibba jabba foo. You know TK wont do that, you'll be lucky he don't send me to kick your ass for just suggesting it. And you know if I show up, I am bringing nothing but a world of hurt for you. Say no to drugs.

You have good luck with that.....while TK says no. Because you KNOW he will.

Not asking to do anything to TK, because he won't. But asking if it is thereotically possible to have an hybrid, why not? But maybe I am thinking too much out of the box. On the other hand, wasn't a "patching with confidence" guide wrote by you that could be a good starting point to patch without losing addons? Or is the patched game so different that addons as they are are fubared anyway?

Edited by Canadair

Canadair

Maybe I am not following you. I will say this, anyone who patches over a modded install is a FOOL.

Fresh install

Patch

Add mods one at a time

Check installs

Pain in the ass yes but avoids the "Oh I ruined my install" posts which will happen. I can tell you this, anyone who doesn't follow this advice wont get any help from me.

You need to cut the jibba jabba foo. You know TK wont do that, you'll be lucky he don't send me to kick your ass for just suggesting it. And you know if I show up, I am bringing nothing but a world of hurt for you. Say no to drugs.

Nice one T. On the other hand, my 'super hybrid weapons folder with more than 2000+++ weapons courtesy of Bunyap and TMF and some others' worked. Only problem is that the Tomcats' slats showed up (when it wasn't supposed to, it was a -D), but then again it's a question of FM.

Edited by kct

Maybe I am not following you....

I think he was refering to a tutorial that had instructions for patching a modded install w/o ruining mods. It basically talked about patching a fresh install, and then copying all the .cat and .ddl (or .dll or whatever they are) files from the patched fresh install and dropping them into the modded install.

I was also actually thinking about this, just because my install is so heavily modded, but it sounds like that's probably not the way to go.

On a related (and I think very helpful) note, does anyone know or can anyone tell what files other than .cat and ddl (or .dll or whatever they are)

files are updated by the patch(other than the ones specifically mentioned in the readme)? Knowing this might help answer people's questions about whether or not certain aspects of modded installs would be corrupted.

Not trying to kick a dead horse... just thought the info might be helpful/enlightening...

Edited by malibu43

Sorry, B.A. needs some flying time... with his dear ol' buddy pal Murdoc. Ain't that right B.A.? He likes to kick ass when he's a bit cranky. Now, where are those sleeping pills.