Sign in to follow this  
Murphy'S

The Official Sept/Oct Patch Thread

I did that. Move Desert.cat and have your old SF terrains point to that. It seems to work at first look, but be careful here. There's probably a MUCH better way to do that.

:blink: I lost the sunset/sunrise sky brightening toward the sun. In all SF, this was only seen under Clear weather settings, now its gone from that too.

ie...as the sun gets lower in the west, you expect the western sky to turn brighter, yellowish, but it does not anymore.I'm still looking for something I missed.

AI IS VERY NICE

lesse...

extend

extend/unload

missile evasion

RQ RHM attacke (rear quarter, this is new info)

etc...

Noticed an AI MiG-19 "extending" away from a fight, in full afterburner, kept going like Duracell bunny, even after running out of fuel. Only saw that once so far though.

EDIT: Refering to Wrench's post lol

Either way, it's back to Korea with TE for me :D

Edited by Brain32

Wrench, as I already stated at TK's site:

1) Make sure you pour enough concrete!!!!

2) The tide must have come in....what did you expect?

3) MiPMap levels and Z-buffers :haha:

I can tell you one thing about terrains...it seem to handle the height field differently (I just posted this at the 3W boards, too)

Wrench,

I think you're just seeing the same problem I had on the DS terrain. Check the tile specific section in the terrain's _data.ini file. If there is a HeightMap _hm.bmp called out for a particular tile, and that _hm.bmp is missing, you'll see what you have in your screenshot. Things will be sunk into the ground certain amounts.

Before the patches, the engine was happy if this _hm.bmp was missing, now it's not.

The desert*_hm.bmp's are only in the desert.cat. If you're pointing to one of the others, they'll be missing.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

What I am glad about this patch is it doesn't ruin Buyun Weapon pack and we have a new weapon editor which operates nearly the same way as the previous version.

However, I do have noticed some major differences one of which being there are obvious image jaggies which is not very nice.  Before the patch was applied, I was able to obtain pretty good image quality at Medium settings at 1680 X 1050.

Before the patch

img00005-5.jpg

After the patch

Also, the add-on MiG-23MK is stuffed. I can't use "Home" key to track air target.

img00001-7.jpg

kct, is tht the F-14D you are talking about?  Did that happen in Single Mission or in Campaign?

Edited by StarBucker

I thought I understood, until I read this thread. :huh::biggrin:

I was a little confused when I saw the Sept.08 patch for WOI. Especially since I had not experienced the gun pod bug.

I'm trying to decide if I need the bug fix, if I haven't had that particular problem.

Sort of, if it ain't broke...

The WOI September patch fixes several more things, not just the gunpod bug.

There were problems with the wingmen and some other things.

I figure all addon aircraft need a review.

Anybody still getting yellow/red sunset sky glow under CLEAR weather? You know, the half of the sky toward the setting sun turns yellowish or orange. Mine is GONE.

This is what I get now. I'm trying to figure what happened. Lots of sunset sky colours in SF and original WoV. No more.

gallery_6973_124_2537.jpg

Yup, your wingman no longer goes home with other flights. But he rejoins with them though...

And g indicator in Eagle now shows proper value.

Maybe I just hadn't noticed before but since when do stock MiG-23s carry asymmetrical loadout?

img00005.jpg

Wrench,

I think you're just seeing the same problem I had on the DS terrain. Check the tile specific section in the terrain's _data.ini file. If there is a HeightMap _hm.bmp called out for a particular tile, and that _hm.bmp is missing, you'll see what you have in your screenshot. Things will be sunk into the ground certain amounts.

Before the patches, the engine was happy if this _hm.bmp was missing, now it's not.

The desert*_hm.bmp's are only in the desert.cat. If you're pointing to one of the others, they'll be missing.

UGH great, that means I have to put those back in as I deleted them all when I was making the terrain *doh*

Edited by Brain32

Maybe I just hadn't noticed before but since when do stock MiG-23s carry asymmetrical loadout?

[attachment=jpg]

What's wrong with it?

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Yes patching to the Sept WOI patch is a must.

Since everybody will start using the latest patches (either just while flying or to verify current mod compatibility), it might be usefull to gather all the entry changes that appear in the different ini's and, if possible, document their impact on the game.

Nations.ini

(below GenderRatio)

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

ActiveDate=1998

AlternateDecal=Pakistan_OLD47

StartDate=1947

campaign_data.ini

(below StartAirDefenseLevel)

AllowRandomAceCreation=TRUE

I like this idea.

the mipmap and zbuffer stuff I don't understand, but I"m going to pull the hm out of the VNSEA cat, drop them in the Korea folder, and see what happens. As there aren't any in there...

Flattening them didn'd do anything, so it must be that. Oh, I hope so!! (jose jimenez voice, ala "The Right Stuff")

Brain: I still gotta send you the targets, types and whatever you need to retile a few sections! I MUST REMEMBER!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: Ed, what can I say? I was the lowest bidder!

Thought they always did in WOE - same missile different seeker heads

I can tell you one thing about terrains...it seem to handle the height field differently (I just posted this at the 3W boards, too)

2 views of the same bridge, taken in an unpatched and patched installs:

unpatched:

unpatched_woe.jpg

patched:

patched_woe.jpg

you can still see the flagpole, but the barracks, shack, aaa bunker (and gun!), and the vehicles and bridge itself have 'subsided' below the water line. I guess you can blame earthquake induced liquifaction? Does Korea have quakes like LA gets??? :dntknw:

ALL the bridges have done this, so that leads me to belive that the TODs height fields are being 'read' differently. I'll wait for what TK says on the subject.

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench you lost pretty many frames. Droped from 70 to 40 something.

Whoops...didn't notice that...the readme said only the gunpod error was fixed. Anyway, what I said still goes...WOE and WOV have been updated to the WOI standard. The major changes to WOV and WOE were already in place in WOI, so see the WOI threads for the major changes so you don't get surprised.

FastCargo

Thought they always did in WOE - same missile different seeker heads

Ah... Luckily this one wasn't able to fire any of that at me - I sent my wingman at the MiG and he shot it down guns-only. We were on a strike in F-15.

Wrench you lost pretty many frames. Droped from 70 to 40 something.

Yikes

71.4 71.4

POLYS 53024

43.5 43.5

POLYS 90428

frames-1/frames-2 = 1.71

polys-2/polys-1 = 1.64

That might be cpu, not grafix card.

Is this Correct Thinking? :dntknw:

Frame rates took a HUGE hit...sometime down to 9 in the cockpit (with debug on -- a few more with it off)

adding the height maps do help...

hre's a close up of camp dodge without....

without_hm-1.jpg

looks like Malibu after one of there yearly floods!!!

Here's some shots with the vnsea hms added, camp dodge again, now drained and cleared (courtesy of Army Corps of Engineers)

with_hm-1.jpg

but now causes new problems....

with_hm-2.jpg

so, Brain...expect a PM with a link to the entire terrain. might as well send you everything that one it, at present.

Sometime, I really hate when we get new patches.

But then you get something like this:

parked_sabres.jpg

that just looks SOOOOOO cool!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Sure go ahead, I already have some ideas how to fix it. Still struggling with water flickering though...

You guys have to excuse Wrench. You see, he grew up in California, and everybody knows that earthquakes are a common occurrence out there, so one can easily understand why he may not see anything out of the ordinary in the appearance of this bridge....

with_hm-2.jpg

You guys have to excuse Wrench. You see, he grew up in California, and everybody knows that earthquakes are a common occurrence out there, so one can easily understand why he may not see anything out of the ordinary in the appearance of this bridge....

with_hm-2.jpg

It looks like the Bay Bridge after I sneezed.

adding the height maps do help...

Maybe you should add that to KB when you get a chance, as it is difficult to kill a tank driving under ground.

If you put it in the KB it'll never come up again, because everyone reads the KB right?