Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Who have You Met In Person?

Who have you met from your online simming experiences in person?

I have met:

531_Ghost

Storm

Hrntfixr

Fates

FastCargo

Crab_02

Hawker

Wpnssgt

EricJ

And I can say all of them involved lots of simming, BBQing and alcohol.

Haha I havent met anyone (to my knowledge but you never know who you might run into without knowing if they have an alter-ego). But those sound like good times :biggrin:

No one from hereabouts, but the ol' Virtual squadron, the BlitzPigs, have had some gatherings and debauchery.

Met up with one of the Canuckian swine last month in his home in Canada, eh?

Even had one fly me over the Sierras in his 450 horse Stearman bi-plane a couple years back...

wait...those are real people? then that means that other online forums have real people as well...so, following the logical conclusion, then Stiglr was real...and so was/is D.O?

damn...thought it was all perpetrated by my PC... :ph34r:

wait...those are real people? then that means that other online forums have real people as well...so, following the logical conclusion, then Stiglr was real...and so was/is D.O?

damn...thought it was all perpetrated by my PC... :ph34r:

I have met everyone on this forum and I am better for the effort. Thanks to all.

No one from hereabouts, but the ol' Virtual squadron, the BlitzPigs, have had some gatherings and debauchery.

Didn't you meet up with Madjeff one time?

So far the only person the only person that I've been able to meet & greet has been Saggy (who used to frequent this site). He was an excellent host, showed Jen and myself around the ship, and I got totally tanked for the first time in a long time.

I live in the same city as Tank, and if FDX ever sets up a decent RON trip, FC said he'd like to visit as well.

There are two others in New England area (at least!) that I've talked to, MAKO69, and Whiteknight who are on the 'need to visit list'.

and last but not least, I hope to make it to the CA BBQ next year :)

Don't feel bad, dwc. I live within 25 miles of Geo & Veltro2K, and I've never met either of them.

and of course I forgot about you NJ guys! Geo is in princeton right? Dunno where Veltro is...

Maybe if I head down to NJ for a holiday I'll see if I can stop in and say hi!

No one I know of, unless anyone here was an FTO, TI or CTA at MAXWELL 3 in Summer 07. And in that case, it probably wasn't the friendliest meeting either...

Guest 531_Ghost

Well, let's see, there's

In no particular order...

Dave

Hrntfixr

MichaelCHProd

Debby

WAGS

20mm

Bob Church

Sim

EvilBivol-1

And I would've met Fubar but he was always too busy. :wink:

Didn't you meet up with Madjeff one time?

True dat, I had forgotten.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of him since he let BioHaz go though...

MichaelCHProducts

Debby (CH)

Bob Church (he's a god)

20mm

BeachAV8R

Half a dozen guys from Hyperlobby (LOMAC'ers)

13 from my FPS squad (BSR)

Cali (from my squadron, friends IRL)

Oleg (IL2 fame)

Several d00ds from my FPS days.

I get to meet Ghost on Friday. And Evil Bivol too.

maybe we should see about in some future time set up a regional meeting or somthing maybe one for the Northeast,the south west ect.maybe meet at the nearest air museum or airshow and after get some grub and get tanked. :angel:

maybe we should see about in some future time set up a regional meeting or somthing maybe one for the Northeast,the south west ect.maybe meet at the nearest air museum or airshow and after get some grub and get tanked. :angel:

:good: Thats a good idea! Dont forget us AK's(all two(?)of us)! :rolleyes:

Edited by i90807065

Who have you met from your online simming experiences in person?

I have met:

531_Ghost

Storm

Hrntfixr

Fates

FastCargo

Crab_02

Hawker

Wpnssgt

And I can say all of them involved lots of simming, BBQing and alcohol.

For awhile now, I have met few online buddies over the years. Mainly my former Aces High MMO Sim squad and 3 vets from Vietnam (Scooter pilot) and a WW2 pilot who served in both ETO and PTO and a chief on a carrier (I forget which now but served in 'nam). Hopefully I'll meet with Dave ;).

Falcon

Edited by FalconCAF

There's USAF Museum where me and Dave live ;). It'll be cool to have a C5-Combatace-con.

Falcon

Soo...

Strip joints are out of the equation?

Soo...

Strip joints are out of the equation?

For us young'uns :haha:

Edited by i90807065

Haven't met anyone since the 90s, when I went to Las Vegas and NJ for a couple simming LAN meets. That was back in the days of Prodigy and CIS, pre-Internet. We flew Falcon 3, Air Warrior, and a little World Circuit: GP. I don't think I've seen a single one of those people I met there online for 10 years now.

Me and my wife met Kirsten when we visited Amsterdam! A incredible person. Really happy to met him, he helped us with the airport and even took us for some aviation shopping.

Thank's mate