Sign in to follow this  
JSF_Aggie

Random Desert Storm Screenshots

Original one. (Tweaked a bit too) Like I said we used what he had and I am so pleased with how the decals and skins tuned out for it, I wouldn't use anything else. 401st TFW will be in the house.

it was not a kind of "bad mouthing" from me, this was just a question because i heard sometimes ago on this board that a f-16c block 30 was in progress (or updated) by the MF

sorry if sound agressive :sorry:

it was not a kind of "bad mouthing" from me, this was just a question because i heard sometimes ago on this board that a f-16c block 30 was in progress (or updated) by the MF

No problem, Dave is totally relaaaaxed... :smile:

You've heard right, there is a block 30 wip by TMF ...but.. no time for it.... like for many other things :skull:

Didn't take that way at all. :good:

What does the "-da" on the AV-8B signify? Only thing I can think of is "direct ascent", but that's because I'm in the launch business so that's where my mind goes. :grin:

What does the "-da" on the AV-8B signify? Only thing I can think of is "direct ascent", but that's because I'm in the launch business so that's where my mind goes. :grin:

da => don't ask

da => don't ask

Da! Da! Da!

Pepsi! :tongue:

Edited by Silverbolt

Day Attack...?

Well down here "DA" means "YES"... so I can interpret it as AV-8B - da(as will be in there) lol

Well down here "DA" means "YES"... so I can interpret it as AV-8B - da(as will be in there) lol

here it means Gimme so, Gimme it! :rofl:

Why Italian Tornadoes from locusta base,or RF-104G from Incirlik base aren't mentioned?skins for them were available here and they're a piece of Bobrock's fine art!

We took part of this operation too,was the first war mission from the end of WW2 and we had a Tornado crews captured too,like other allied countries.

Would be nice to remember them all,and job to do it is minor,nothing to build up!

Why Italian Tornadoes from locusta base,or RF-104G from Incirlik base aren't mentioned?skins for them were available here and they're a piece of Bobrock's fine art!

We took part of this operation too,was the first war mission from the end of WW2 and we had a Tornado crews captured too,like other allied countries.

Would be nice to remember them all,and job to do it is minor,nothing to build up!

#1 We would have liked to have everyone who was there, but this thing is huge. Almost 4 GB unzipped. So some people didn't make it in.

#2 We have pushed the limits of the sim itself and even on my super machine it is having problems running it sometimes. So we might have to cut back even more.

#3 We can't please everyone and if someone is offended on why their country didn't make it, then do not download it.

#4 We can always add things later or modify it later but please give us the opportunity to get it out first before everyone tears it apart and criticizes it.

First, go back and re-read what Dave and myself have posted in this thread.

Second, if leaving out a group, or squadron, from the first cut of a mod, to a game, is dishonoring those who have served, I would rather not release this mod at all.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Guest pfunkmusik

Dave, Aggie,

What specs of a machine do you recommend?

I'm considering going quad-core here pretty soon, so what advice do you have?

pfunk

This might be the real proof of glory, at least major success: a mod requiring a new machine, having its own hardware requirements.

You guys are astonishing! 4GB, JSF, Dave, Wrench and such in a project... and so much involved, up into putting money! It can only be great.

What this mods is going to be is just why I love TK's sims and what I love this community: great men doing marvellous jobs.

My only fear, since Dave's message is to be unable to run it, "because" of the said awesomeness. :good:

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

First, go back and re-read what Dave and myself have posted in this thread.

Second, if leaving out a group, or squadron, from the first cut of a mod, to a game, is dishonoring those who have served, I would rather not release this mod at all.

I had planned to release a small add-on about Italian operations for DS as soon as DS itself is released. I just had dinner with one of the officers in command of the base, and will be working with him for the next few days. Should be easy to do, a little pack that uses what is available already from the community. Should take some load off the modders'shoulders and also off the bandwidth. I think that if each of national sub- communities of CA tries to contribute to the effort of the DS mooder team, that would be a nice way to honor all those who served.

We could be like the Coalition, each one partecipating to the effort.

We could be, again, the lightings and thunders of the Desert Storm

After the mod is released it should be easy to add aircraft to the campaigns, but if it runs slow then there isn't much point in adding more.

All of our Computers do have limitations and if the mod team says they might have to downsize it even more its pushing those limits already.

There is alot going on inside any campaign, every target,aircraft,ground unit,missile,bullet,sam ect will take a little chunk of your memory and processor, so simulating every last detail is out of the question, but i am sure the DS Team will bring us a great mod that will give a good simulation of the 1991 war.

They have been working on this mod for awhile now and i'm sure it has not been easy.

I am thankful for whatever version they decide to release.

And one more thing...

I Just want to tell you both good luck, were all counting on you! :rofl:

I Just want to tell you both good luck, were all counting on you! :rofl:

Tell that to George Zipp. :lol:

Dave, Aggie,

pfunk

I have a dual core but it doesn't do any good for this sim. It doesnt take advantage of the dual core tech.

Do to development issues we are delaying the release until Jan 2009. Sorry folks.

Dave, Aggie,

pfunk

good graphics card and RAM RAM RAM and more RAM.

the more RAM you have everything goes faster.

I have 3gigs of it and can play FSX on almost full and WO* on full.

No problem. We rather have a good product rather than a rushed product.

No problem. We rather have a good product rather than a rushed product.

Oh I can say that with 15 months in development, it hasn't been rushed.