A few more.

Wow! That new Israeli terrain is out-freaking-standing! I'm curious. Is Strike Fighters Isreal the most detailed combat sim in the Thirdwire series? Does it have something the others do not that allows developers to create such outstanding add-ons for it?

RAFMIRAGEF305.jpg

Dassault Mirage F.3A - No.23 'Red Eagle' Squadron, Royal Air Force

Congrats! Personally though, I think it hands it out too well. I nearly killed every target on The Range (I think it was Wrench's mod) and got one. Still man, nice job! :good:

HEY! Wheres my shots of my P-51?

Falcon

Check SF2 Screen shot forum

A Shahak, scooting east away from the Canal, passes over one of the Bar Lev Line fortified bases...

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench what terrain is that? I have all your terrains but never noticed such base..

Spillone.... you da man!!

Then I can finally get rid of that old radar 17's.

I'll be patiently waiting the two weeks! ok.gif

Canadair: Gepard's Isreal2. They've alwyas been there, but this is the "new and improved" version, based off info from a recently obtained book on Isreali Fortification of the Bar Lev line. This is closer to what was, but still not perfect, as most stuff was underground

coming whenever; map is being redone

wrench

kevin stein

Rhodesian Air Service.

Working on Akrotiri airfield for WOI...

akrotiri3.jpg

Kulbit80, this's great news for me! Could you make Akrotiri as "Large Airfield"? Thanks! :drinks:

All done, and in Dave's hands. Akrotiri is a runway 4, Paphos is a runway 6.

The good thing is, neither 1stGen or NextGen games make any distinction in TFD and HFD files, so it'll be usable in WoI as well. (some editing of the targets ini, of course, will be required)

Below, a Venmon departs RAF Paphos for a CAP mission

wrench

kevin stein

the VF-143 doing some ground-poundin' in North Vietnampost-16532-12743949737697.jpgpost-16532-12743950783717.jpgpost-16532-12743951844829.jpg

As much as I've often said that IL2 is my WWII era sim and WoX is my jet sim, and that I try my very hardest not to mix the two, this "Wings over Russia" conversion has got me thinking in a different direction. I never really thought the SF series could portray the slower speeds, very short range fighting, and accuracy with the weapon modeling. Mainly since I have never really liked the way SF simulates the use of machine guns and cannons. It has always seemed way over powered for my tastes. Great for a 500 m.p.h. split second guns shot, but not for the more deliberate, if not a little slower paced action in a WWII sim.

BUT, the screenie posted by Gocad shows a very high quality Yak-9 series fighter being tore up by his enemy, and I had to take a second look to make sure it wasn't an IL2 screenshot (it happened a couple times when this thread was opened so you never know :grin:) The level of detail is amazing, and it looks like a truly top-notch conversion of what was originally an all jet sim. All I can say is, keep up the excellent work all those involved, and to everyone else, lets see some more screen shots!!!! :good::drinks:

some of my test runs with Stary's exp.thunderstorm modpost-16532-12744504416644.jpgpost-16532-12744506008138.jpg

Sakai, I'm with you on that one pal, I am a die hard IL2 gamer, even started a squad a while back lol. I asked about WOR the other day, where to get it, so that I could try it out also with the same intentions, to see if it is as fun as IL2. I have some of the same gripes with the game as you do. Let me know if you get it and how it stacks up!! Anyone else know where I can download WOR??

Here are some screenies from my latest campaign. Please excuse my shabby graphics, I am running a fairly basic computer, I also don't know how to get rid of my flight info or I would do that too.!! The skin is from Mig Buster, it's the Maryland ANG skin with the Oriole on the engine and the correct markings for the tail. These planes used to fly their approaches over my yard when I was a wee laddy. MiG, I can't thank you enough for this skin Sir!!!The pilot is one that I downloaded on here, it's the modern HGU set up for the F-16, but I thought it was appropriate here too.

post-44607-12744696123778.jpg

post-44607-12744696175711.jpg

post-44607-12744696249262.jpg

Edited by Stingray72

WOW !!!

Leopard 2A-5

Excellent work.

Marcos!

Will correct you: the picture shows no Leopard 2A5, and the Leopard 2A6, which is characterized by a longer barrel of the gun ...

gallery_38176_385_219721.jpg

Leopard-2A5

gallery_38176_385_53737.jpg

Leopard-2A6

Edited by Epizikl
  • Like 1

"The Pilot Maker" in Italian service... T-6G, Centro Addestramento al Volo, Accademia Aeronautica.

post-16347-12747415090455.jpg

post-16347-12747415236157.jpg

post-16347-12747415473381.jpg

Edited by Spitwulf
  • Like 1

Ozzie big gun Sabres on final.