Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Desert Storm Mod Update For Jan 2009

hi guys just a word to point what seems to be a bug

some planes described in the read me are missing from the aicraft folder of woe when the mod is instaled

here's the list

A-7E

An-12

F-111E

F-111F

F-14A

F-15C

F-15E

F-16A

F-16C

F-1EQ

F-4G

F-5E

F-7A

FA-18A

Jaguar GR1

KC-10

Mig-23MLD

MiG-25PD

MiG-25RB

MiG-27D

MIG-29A

OA-10A

OV-10A

OV-10D

RF-4C

S-3B

Su-17

Tornado GR1

And the second part of the download (on the site) is only 82 mbytes

maybe there is a link?

Edited by Murphy'S

hi guys just a word to point what seems to be a bug

some planes described in the read me are missing from the aicraft folder of woe when the mod is instaled

And the second part of the download (on the site) is only 82 mbytes

maybe there is a link?

Did you read the read me where it says to run all 3 install exes? And yes the 2nd part is only 82 MB:

As Dave said, I'm uploading it now.

The installer program actually compressed better than WinRar. I started with three sets of files each 1.1 gig, and ended up with:

ODS_part1 212MB

ODS_part2 82MB

ODS_part3 124MB

It's still going to take 2-3 hours to upload, assuming the connection doesn't die.

The files shouldn't be available until I have all three uploaded.

Please read the README before you install. It's short, and well worth reading.

Edited by Jeremiah Weed

Roooollin'.........Roooollin'.........keep those downloads roooollin'.......... :biggrin:

This is not a MOD its a whole game!! Brilliant, a big thanks to the whole team for all there hard work and effort. :good:

Question for the Team.

Is there supposed to be Friendly Fire Missions??????? im doin the Nighthawk campaign, and ive just recieved a frag order to take out a M113 APC with US Marines :blink::blink::blink:

is this a part of the missions?

Question for the Team.

Is there supposed to be Friendly Fire Missions??????? im doin the Nighthawk campaign, and ive just recieved a frag order to take out a M113 APC with US Marines :blink::blink::blink:

is this a part of the missions?

I hope you arent trying to be funny, because I fail to see the humor in that. Of course there isn't.

hey can any send me a readme or tell me in what type of incoding it is in. mine shows up as jibrish

Its a pdf file, you need Adobe Acrobat.

My advice, throw Adobe in the dustbin, then download and install Foxit Reader ( http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php ). It's far more versatile, is less problematic, and is way less demanding of resources than Adobe Acrocrap.

I hope you arent trying to be funny, because I fail to see the humor in that. Of course there isn't.

Not trying to be funny in the slightest, all the USMC ground units are signified in ENEMY RED. i got a frag order saying attack the M113 APC with US MARINES. im bein majorly serious

Not trying to be funny in the slightest, all the USMC ground units are signified in ENEMY RED. i got a frag order saying attack the M113 APC with US MARINES. im bein majorly serious

comrpnt added many target areas to the terrain, specifically for single missions. If one is "behind enemy lines" as far as the campaign is concerned, they will be RED.

Can you post a screenshot?

The USMC units that actually fight the ground war, that don't show up until 02/24, are not behind enemy lines.

Are you talking about static tanks, that are just part of a target area?

comrpnt added many target areas to the terrain, specifically for single missions. If one is "behind enemy lines" as far as the campaign is concerned, they will be RED.

Can you post a screenshot?

The USMC units that actually fight the ground war, that don't show up until 02/24, are not behind enemy lines.

Are you talking about static tanks, that are just part of a target area?

ive not a foggiest how to post a screenshot, but ill try to get one, they were behind enemy lines though

Guest pfunkmusik

Gonna hafta dig out my Poison and Def Leppard CDs now...

pfunk

installing right now. then off for a reboot to test this baby out. what a great thing to see in the morning after coming home from a long boring night at work.

It is exactly as JSF said above.

if the mission comes around again ill take a screenshot and post it

if the mission comes around again ill take a screenshot and post it

Its not a bug dude its the way the sim sets up single missions just as JSF_Aggie said. Just pick another mission.

Awsome mod! Big thank you to all involved!

Was having a blast going through single missions in all the aircraft, but when it came to the SU22 stand in, noticed a problem, the swing wings deploy the wrong way around making it next to impossible to fly. AI can't fly it well like that either, saw my wingies crash into the ground like flies trying to land. Here is the section of the data ini needing change:

[swingWings]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

CLiftdc=0.1081

CDdc=0.0264

DeltaStallAlpha=6.00

AreaRatio=1.00

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_MACH

Setting[1].Angle=28.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=0.60 <---- I believe maybe swapping these lines does things right

Setting[1].RetractValue=0.70 <----

Setting[2].Angle=45.0

Setting[2].DeployValue=0.70

Setting[2].RetractValue=0.85

Setting[3].Angle=63.0

Setting[3].DeployValue=0.85

Setting[3].RetractValue=0.80

MaxDeflection=63.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=1.0

AnimationID=2

No biggie just thought I would point that out, have already changed mine for this one http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5712

There may be one in Lindr's pack also http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8096 haven't checked it out yet.

bagdad_bob_large.gif

INFIDELS invade us but dey take Heavy Losses! Today, Our MiG-25s shot down FIFTEEN of their vaunted aircraft!

((Are we going to get to fly as Iraqis? :puppyeyes:))

Its not a bug dude its the way the sim sets up single missions just as JSF_Aggie said. Just pick another mission.

Dave is absolutely right.

However, if you really want to, then there is a work-around that can be applied without affecting the operation of the single missions.

Open Terrain/DS/DS_targets.ini and make the following changes:

Change entries like this...

[TargetAreaXXX]

Name=US Marines Observation Post Y

ActiveDate=01/16/1991

InactiveDate=02/24/1991

...to this...

[TargetAreaXXX]

ActiveDate=01/28/1991

InactiveDate=02/02/1991

Where XXX is the index number of the entry, and Y is the id number of the observation point (OP). There are 7 instances where the dates can be changed.

This will narrow the window within which the game will show these particular target areas, so they shouldn't appear nearly as much, if at all, during the campaign.

This should help. Regards,

comrpnt.

Anyone see anything odd here?

:yikes:

gallery_22_54_2094.jpg

Dave is absolutely right.

However, if you really want to, then there is a work-around that can be applied without affecting the operation of the single missions.

Open Terrain/DS/DS_targets.ini and make the following changes:

Change entries like this...

[TargetAreaXXX]

ActiveDate=01/16/1991

InactiveDate=02/24/1991

...to this...

[TargetAreaXXX]

ActiveDate=01/28/1991

InactiveDate=02/02/1991

Where XXX is the index number of the entry, and Y is the id number of the observation point (OP). There are 7 instances where the dates can be changed.

This will narrow the window within which the game will show these particular target areas, so they shouldn't appear nearly as much, if at all, during the campaign.

This should help. Regards,

comrpnt.

Dont get me wrong its not something i wanted to do... i was mid campaign and it came up attack marines.... i dont want to go around causing blue on blue