Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Herds of Buffalo

Just released at my site, NEW versions of the B-339D & E Buffalo (as seen in this thread...http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=35593)

Nationalized version for Dutch ML-KNIL, with 2 skins;

Nationalized version for RAF in the Far East, 67 Squadron (Burma/Malaya, etc)

Fictional "What If..." 66 Squadron, Battle of Britian (hey, I had the decals...and you all know I hate to waste good decals.. :wink: )

Also, a totally revamped, brand new, 100% Historically Accurate skin for VMF-221 at Midway:

vmf221_buffalo_midway.jpg

Modex and BuNums matched to each aircraft as used.

Full detailed instruction in each pak's enclosed readme files.

Now available in --> The Wrench's Toolbox <--- link thingy

Happy Landings!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench does it come with a blood curdling sound of death scream from the pilot as they get shot down?

(places hand on hips, looks stern)

OH, that is just MEAN!!!

If I could figure a way to assign the sound...there's some great death scream wavs in Doom 3.... :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

The Buffalo may not have a good reputation with anyone else, but Finland did an outstanding job with this aircraft.

As the AVG did with the P-40, good pilots can make do with what they have.

Of course, when they managed to get better planes, Finland did even better.

IMHO Finland isn't from this planet, they simple did the opposite of circumstances against them in war, they should be recognized as Israel is.

We have a herd of buffalo at a park in town...

buffalo3.jpg

Guest Stiglr

The Finnish Buffaloes had a lot of weight stripped from them that continued to plague the American versions.

Plus, the Finns were so much better trained than the Americans of that time period (and possibly through the war, who knows).

Yuuummmm....dinner on the hoof!!!

(wait...does 5 constitute a herd??? Is there a minimum number required???_

Buffalo meat taste good!!! Yuumm!!!

Never had the 'steaks' , but the burgers are definately worth the try. A slightly different taste from beef, but GOOOODD!!!

oh..wait...airplanes

This is something along the likes the "Winged Bison" post, right??? :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

We have a herd of buffalo at a park in town...

img00069.jpg">

I'm on it!!!!

Edited by Icarus999

Nice one Wrench,

Adding this to my Midway and BoB installs, and I will update the BoB campaign_data.ini to include it as a flyable for v0.61 - although I don't think the chaps at 66 Sqdn will appreciate being bounced out of their Spits for this :wink:

While you're looking at the Buffalo, maybe I could put in a special request for a skin for 804 Sqn FAA/RN, who really did fly the Buffalo in the BoB timeframe? Maybe HMS Furious will take a spin round the North Sea in the next iteration of BoB campaign :wink::biggrin:

Cheers,

Baltika

And what a sweet litlle ship it became !!!!! Wonderfull job Kevin, a delight to fly (just like the real according to the stories of the pilots) and fantastic skins. Result of a lot of research , very well done !! It does bring back parts of a long forgotten part of our history........

Just one very litlle nitpick: I changed the fuselage guns in the Dutch Brewsters to 0.30's ..........

Thanks a LOT !!!!! :victory::victory::victory:

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Baltika:you mean llike this....

804-faa_buffalo.jpg

Unfotuately, dumb-ass me gave it EAGLE codes. That's a pretty easy fix though; just have to make new letters. Back to my Squad/Sig "Fleet Air Arm" book....for the right ones!!

Derk: OOOPSS!!! A complete oversight on my part about the fues MGs, I assure you!!! :wink:

Wrench

kevin stein

Did anyone see any eels in here? Buffaloes. Sorry, I was just... just looking for...wait a minute, I see them. :ph34r: Sorry to interrupt, Wrench, old boy. Cheers for now...

Ok, got that fixed...

now with proper code letter...

804-faa_buffalo-2.jpg

also managed to fix the unmapped 'white' sections in the cockpit, as view from outsid by expanding the interior sections of the t bmp

And changed the map and picture to something more theatre approiate...

faa_buffalo_pit.jpg

VERY famous actress for the time period, and MORE famous for her film about the time period...(gotta figure way her face got pinched...may have to re expand that bmp)

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: sandyc-buffalos are around to stomp on eels. It's like the old joke:

Q: Why does the Forest Serivce have ducks?

A: to stomp out forest fires?

Q: Why does the Forest Service have elephants?

A: to stomp out blazing ducks!!!

:rofl:

Love the FAA version, cheers Kevin :biggrin::good:

Agh, I was thinking of this variety:

AIM-54_6_Pack.jpg

But yours is OK too :wacko:

Man, we ain't talking about Turkeys!! We're talking eels and buffalo!!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Ok, I just need to write the readme for it, and I'll have it up at my site tommorrow. Fortunately, I DON'T have to drive to Downtown LA for jury duty (yet...) I HATE this on-call crap they do!!

Like the RAF version, it'll be a semi-complete, nationalized version called, oddly enough "Buffalo_FAA", nationed (is that a word?) for RoyalNavy

What we really need are Skua, Roc, and Fulmars and Gladiators/Sea Gladiators too. For the time period.

And SkippyBing's Stringbag!!! We're still waiting for that one!!

You sure I can't interest you in a Martlet??? Better performance....and it looks nicer than the Brewster.

Grumman Ironwork, Baby!!! :biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

Many many thanks Wrench! :clapping:

Alrighty then...

The new Fleet Air Arm version has just been uploaded to my site. Like the RAF version, it's "nationalized" as Royal Navy.

All the inis & skins bits are there, you'll need to transfer over the LOD and cockpit files. Excepting the picture and map -which I did't change

Skins for 804 off FURIOUS, and 805 off EAGLE (although it actually should be ILLUSTRIOUS, but they mostly operated from land bases, included 3 used in the defense fo Crete)

Now up at my site!

Happy Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh b*****ks I'd forgotten about the Stringbag er... I'll see what I can do, I've got about 4 FSX/SF projects on the go at the moment to meet a timeline but it might be a diversion this weekend. Buffalo looks great, I'm sure the FAA mainly used them in North Africa along with some Swordfish, I'll have to dig some of my books out.

Oh and I think Buffaloes Roam

I've got hangar and loading screens all ready for the Stringbag....been ready since 2005!!!

Here's a sample:

1_swordfish_hangar.jpg

:rofl:

you should have seen the one for the Tarpon...it incuded a reciepe!!

Wrench

kevin stein

:lmaosmiley:

Edited by allenjb42

I've got hangar and loading screens all ready for the Stringbag....been ready since 2005!!!

Disturbingly that's about when I started the model!

...So this is about fishing and John Travolta now?