Sign in to follow this  
ezlead

Iranian Air Space

I received an E-Mail from a friend in Kandahar and this supposedly happened last summer.

Apparently when an aircraft is going to enter Iranian airpace it is supposed to call them and give them all the info on the flight:type aircraft,altitude,speed ,route of flight,etc.

This was overheard on Guard channel from a transport aircraft going from Kandahar to Dubai.

Iranian Air traffic Control: "Unidentified aircraft at (location),you are in violation of Iranian airspace.

Unidentified aircraft: " This is a United States aircraft and we are in Iraqi airspace."

Iranian Air traffic Control:"Unidentified aircraft,you are in Iranian airspace and if you do not alter your course we will be forced to send up interceptors to deal with you."

Unidentified aircraft:"Iranian Air Traffic,we are 2 U S Marine F/A-18's and we ARE in Iraqi airspace.

But,if you want to send up those interceptors,go ahead,we will be glad to wait for them.

Iranian Air traffic Control: ( No Response)

:rofl:

lol

well, i'm a tomcat fanboy if in this pilot position i would not waste the oportunity to take some photos of the persian cars.

Edited by Silverbolt

Actions always speak louder than words! :good:

hehe hehe hehe... awesome.

Gotta love the Spirit and wit of American pilots.

My geography meter is pegging.

How does one fly thru Iraqi airspace going from Kandahar to Dubai? :dntknw:

I would think they would fly over Pakistan (shortest route). Otherwise they're being forced to fly the long way around, like flying from LA to Miami thru NYC.

That kind of thing makes my day.

If it was me I'd have followed it up with the classic...

"Are ya feelin' lucky, punk ?...well, are ya ?"

that joke has been going around the networks in several variations for awhile. Which is why the geography doesn't match....

If it happened, no matter the variations, i don´t know how would it

result, if the aircraft flying CAS and other operations around GWoT are

usually unarmed for A2A. I guess that there will be some CAP missions

in the borders of Afghanistan and Iraq with Iran to prevent troubles.

There are, true? :dntknw:

This one awfully reminds me of a similar one involving U.S Warships and a Canadian Lighthouse.

"I guess that there will be some CAP missions

in the borders of Afghanistan and Iraq with Iran to prevent troubles.

There are, true? "

I doubt it. No one would dare start anything. And I do mean no one.

This one awfully reminds me of a similar one involving U.S Warships and a Canadian Lighthouse.

:rofl::haha:

a classic...........

This one tastes different because it's more plausible (if you ignore the geography issue). That joke about the ships and the lighthouse - I wonder if that's ever been true for any of the navies of which I've heard the variation from...

I doubt the lighthouse one only because I'm not aware that A) many of them are manned anymore and B) they'd be watching approaching ships or have a radio to use. That's more a harbor deal.

If it happened, no matter the variations, i don´t know how would it

result, if the aircraft flying CAS and other operations around GWoT are

usually unarmed for A2A.

No, they still carry A-to-A missiles.

I should have explained it clearer.

The transport was not the aircraft being called. It overheard the conversation on the Guard channel of their radio.

For those who do not know,the guard channel is frequency 121.5 for vhf and 243.0 for uhf.

It is always monitored by transport and military aircraft in flight by a separate radio receiver.

A transmission on guard channel can be received by aircraft several hundred miles away,which in this case is supposedly what happened.

While on cross country flights over the US back in the 70's,when I was flying for the Marines,you would occassionally hear someone call "Check your six" over the guard channel. I could imagine every fighter jock for a hundred miles around banging it around in a break turn 'Checking his Six' just in case.

Anyway,it makes for a good story,if it did happen. :yes:

If I was provoked that way I would send like 10 interceptors.

Provoked? If you only knew the BS we go through to ensure we dont go near Iranian airspace...

If I was provoked that way I would send like 10 interceptors.

Well then the Iranians would have 10 less fighters in their inventory. Simple.

Well then the Iranians would have 10 less fighters in their inventory. Simple.

Wrong...... If they escalate that way, they'll wind up with no air force, no air defenses, and probably no navy, inside of two weeks.

Wrong...... If they escalate that way, they'll wind up with no airforce, no air defenses, and probably no navy, inside of two weeks.

2 weeks? I give you 5 to 1 odds, its 10 days.....

You mean ur gonna kill off their brand new fighter F-5/ F-18 wanna bes? God ur so mean Dave, lol.

Wings over Persia!!

:biggrin: