Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

We are all a bunch of sycophants!

Stiglr...

yeah sure... whatever...

I don't give a flying Fokker about MP in TW games. So there, a simple "as much weight as the next guy's" Stilgr's opinion balanced into zero. :ok:

its alive... :yikes::fie:

Poor Stiglr still can't see past the end of his nose. As I read the thread I was wondering when he was going to toss in the usual "plug" for Targetware. I don't know anything about the FMs but we have real world pilots who have flown the real thing and they seem to enjoy the sim. I sure do. Good enough for me. MP isn't my bag so I don't really care about that aspect.

Good job over there Warlord. :good:

That place is a cesspool of snobs who wouldn't know accuracy if it slapped them on the ass. Look at all the comments about how it is a "light" game. LOL. TKs flight models are more accurate than anyone else's, including Falcon.

JimmyBib's signature about the serious cat comes to mind.

Screw him and screw them. The others are Falcon 4 fanbois who single handily ruined flight simming for everyone else.

As if we didn't knew already. ^^

BTW his economics are reversed, what he doesn't get is that we're happy with TK's choice because it's what keeps gaining new players, keeping the community alive and getting funds for slowly but surely adding lacking features...

TK could have gone the perfectionnist and hardcore way, but that would have meant a) longer dev time and cost thus, costlier product b) less appeal to casual simers and newcomers c) more work on each plane and thus less flyable planes limiting appeal once more d) more complex system making modding (either internally for new games and add ons, or externally for the community) more difficult, thus limiting the activity of the community.

Finally, what removes all credibility to Stiglr demonstration is his encouragement not to give any more money to TK until he gives whatever it is that he deems acceptable (and knowing the kind of troll he is, nothing will ever be satisfying), completely missing the fact that with his attitude, we wouldn't get a better sim, we would get no sim at all... and in this economy TK would probably have to flip burgers to pay the rent...

The state of flight simulation is dire enough to support every damn effort, especially when it comes from independant, dedicated efforts we can trust (TK has always updated everything to the latest standard for no cost, and every paying release brought something new, improved and interesting to the table).

What's strange is that he knows what makes SF different from say... Targetware... the later tries to pretend it is a simulation, while the former makes very few attempts at being more than a game (numerous design decisions, and TK's own words, point to that).

And there is a larger appeal for a flight sim game than for something striving for "serious simulation" status but lacking any form of fun and involvement.

If I were to take a bet, I'd say Stiglr is an active member of the Targetware community...

Screw him and screw them. The others are Falcon 4 fanbois who single handily ruined flight simming for everyone else.

They are the kind of people that one might like to sodomize with a weed-eater, if one were inclined toward violence.

These kind of things ticked me off. If he got issues with the game then talk about it with TK himself, not making noise all over the Internet.

I don't think not many people are like TK in the sense that he is willing to listen to the opinions of others and give answers about it. I don't even think Stiglr even knew the actual reason MP was removed from SF2, it is all in the SF2 FAQ.

Edited by kct

They are the kind of people that one might like to sodomize with a weed-eater, if one were inclined toward violence.

Nah, I'd reserve that for people saying that "Apparently the code is an issue" when they apparently don't have a clue about computers beyond the apparent opinion that their purpose is to display pretty pictures as fast as possible and couldn't write ten lines of code to save their lives...

Try having someone read a copy of Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs and turn into eels.

He wants total accuracy and immersion? Why not to burn yourself bonzo way each time you are shot down? :diablo:

All these, INCLUDING FALCON 4, are GAMES. This elitism make me sick!

Wait until you all see my reply.

Stiglr has always been special...and by that I mean wears a helmet whilst walking to the cafeteria...one day maybe he will find the mythical flight sim against which he compares all others...that would be cool

I find it ironic that by Stiglr's own admission his beloved Targetware has not progressed beyond 50's era "avionics". I mean if, according to Stiglr, an "idiot" like TK could do so if (only he wanted to) by just inserting the appropriate coding why haven't they (Targetware) done so already? :dntknw::rolleyes:

Tailspin, you poor soul, you wouldn't understand, it is because Targetware's devs and community have something that TK apparently lacks, integrity, and they are such perfectionnists that they wouldn't release something that doesn't reach perfection...

Alas, us poor plebeians can't begin to understand the noble soul of such elite men...

You are only Tailspin, a gamer, while He is Stiglr the Simulator !

Edited by Gunrunner

I know guys in the Targetware arena that hate Stiglr too. My reply is up.

Awesome reply is awesome.

I wonder why they allowed scantily-clad females as sig pictures though, because at some places people did raise a fit or two over those. Lack of...something?

Edited by kct

Awesome reply is awesome.

I wonder why they allowed scantily-clad females as sig pictures though, because at some places people did raise a fit or two over those. Lack of...something?

Because that is the way Mark runs his site. It isn't for kids. If people don't like it they don't have to go there.

:clapping: nicely put, but the numbers argument won't fly; With such pseudo-elitists popularity is a sure sign that you're doing it wrong... only niche items are doing things right, that's why they're not popular, very few people have the mind to understand it, only they can...

13 years!! 13 years!! This guy is a baby.

I've flown them all and have ambitions of becoming a pilot. I've also flown real airplanes and could give a mouse's behind about decimal point accuracy.

I have FS2004 if I want to do a little flight training. For the rest I just don't have time to spend pointing and clicking every switch in the cockpit.

The bottom line is when I fly a Phantom in WOV it performs pretty much the way the pilots say it would. That's good enough for me. The sims look good on my paltry (for these days) rig.

Whatever. No one forces anyone to purchase the sim.

I also barely have time to post on THIS website much less too many others. If you have that much time to worry about a flight sim you need to take a serious look at your priorities. Write your own or work on mods or do SOMETHING useful.