Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

We are all a bunch of sycophants!

So I see stiglr still can't figure out how to remove his head from his arse, well thats nothing new. Point me in the direction of a better sim, one that lets you mod half as freely and can be operated without a PhD in Switchology, one that doesn't force me online and looks as good and I'll play and never look back.

Now I'm all for hyper realistic flight characteristics and 100% visual accuracy from TK and modders, but unlike stiglr, I realize everyone is human. It takes a lot of time to make our so called "crappy" exterior models that only look like the real thing. I seem to remember a side by side comparison between LOMAC's Flanker and Marcelo's. Well, I think we can all guess which one was higher quality. (and speaking of flight models, we can do a cobra without having a button for a scripted move, so who's flight model is better?)

Oh, and I've never flown an F-4 phantom, or any plane for that matter, and I seriously doubt he has any better knowledge of how a particular plane really flies than I. His only reference point appears to be how he thinks a plane should fly.

Excellent job warlordATF, I wonder if stiglr has ever considered he's the sycophant. I guess he's the flight sim equivalent of pen and paper dungeons and dragons nerds calling every RPG out there a shallow "hack'n'slash" diablo RPG because it's not a text based game from the 80s.

- Stop ! Who goes there ?

- We are sycophants, and Dave's our leader !

sounds nice...

Edited by Gunrunner

Screw that punk!

Anyone remember the manuel for the original Falcon back in 1987 IIRC? This idiot is the kind that probaly considers it a Holy relic.

Stiglrs problem is that he wanted to be accepted, then he ran his soup cooler and no one likes him. So what happens now is that his anger is so intense that he can no longer wrap his head around the concept that we have a sim that people like. We are fanboys of our sim. I can give you list of things I would like to see changed. But it is what it is and he can not accepts that. He really really needs therapy in the worst way. Instead of saying hey I do not like this sim and move on, he keeps going and going and going. His hatred has made him a sad little man in the simming world. He can't let go and for that I feel for him deeply.

What I'm most impressed with its that that c*** Stiglr is basing all his opinions on SFP1, to quote

I DID actually step up and "take a flier" on Strike Fighters, hoping that aftermarket development might result in more of what I want in a flight sim. But, I'm not going to keep doing that.

Ultimately he seems unhappy that the rest of the simming world don't want a product that conforms to his obsessive compulsive desire for 'accuracy' and upset that we're happy with a game. Obviously he only uses simulators, of course they're not they're just games that are slightly more 'realistic'.

I mean seriously I've been in four different simulators, Tucano, Sea King, and Lynx 3 and 8 and I can assure you they wouldn't please Stiglr, the AI was err.. non-existent the sim instructor told the op-for where to go and what to do, there was hardly any multi-player and the flight model in the last two is only remotely related to the aircraft it represents. And the seat doesn't go far enough forward in the Lynx 3 one. Now if the government throwing all the taxpayers money at the problem can't get an accurate sim how the **** does he think a desktop PC is going to pull it off?

Quite frankly he bores me, if people are happy with the Third Wire series, and I'm guessing they are, why does it affect him. He keeps saying if we really studied a detailed sim then we'd get more out of it, except I already have a job so I don't have a spare year to do the conversion to another aircraft type. And then he mentions Targetware. It's all so predictable.

And I've just wasted 10 minutes typing this out, every six months....

C5 ,you wacko. I wound up pulling a neck muscle at the gym the other day, and it was almost healed, until I saw that. I laughed so freaking hard, that I threw it out again.

Obsessed? Just a tad.

Dick.jpg

Dude needs to take a chill pill.I'd hate to be married to that tool.

Edited by whiteknight06604

No, this is what he would need:

fresheelsfromnewzealandmp4.jpg

Stiglr believes that TK is an idiot. Even though this is not the case i can guarantee one thing. He is an idiot with a lot more money than stiglr :biggrin:

If he actually got off his backside and looked at the work involved in creating these sims then maybe he would appreciate them more. Wots the point of trying to sway peoples opinions with his own stupidly written complaints and comments that could only be, quite frankly, from a person with little or no experience PLAYING the series.

My favorite aspect of these sims is that they can cater for all skill levels. I started playing around 5 years ago in SFP1 and i was playing with everything on easy which was alot more straightforward than being "thrown in the deep end" with LOMAC or F4. Now that I understand more about the various things i play the thirdwire sims on hard. This aspect of developing a players skill, i believe is the key element that is unique to these games.

And also there are always great people on hand for help within the community.

Let him talk, I'm pretty sure his head will explode, if he goes on like that... :blowup:

Well, that guy is definitly much more of a "sycophant" than any of us. I think it's ok to voice your opinion against a product if you don't like it, however critizising and insulting a gaming community just because they like something he dosen't its just plain stupid.

It all comes down to not getting what he wants.He can do what most people do here,download and use what he thinks is best for him.But he has the view that people should not "waste" their time on stuff HE deems unfit.Everything revolves around this guy.In his way of thinking by useing time on stuff he dosn't want the modders are taking development time away from things he wants.The "crappy" flight models he dismisseshave been give high marks by people who flew the f-in aircraft in combat.Nothing in this world is perfect and this series of games for sure isn't.he made his case to TK(and the world 20 times) didn't get the response he wanted so now he's on a crusade to sh!t in everyones cornflakes.I have issues and things I want fixed in the game everyone does but man just give it a rest play whatever it is that you do like and STFU.Guys like him get raped in prison and the guards just laugh. :rolleyes:

Let him talk, I'm pretty sure his head will explode, if he goes on like that... :blowup:

With any luck.

You know, the guy could actually present his arguments for civil discussion, but he comes off so superior I wanted to stop reading part way through.

Sure I think the TW series has some untapped potential, and some things could stand improving. But on the whole, I really enjoy playing this series. The best part about it is the mod-ability. I don't know of another game that is so organized or easy to mod. It can be a little tricky at times, but the majority of it is straight-forward and allows people the freedom to really customize their experiences with the games. But, that's just one sycophant's opinion. :good:

Gee, after reading Stiglr's comments, I guess I should throw away all of my Third Wire sims and reload Falcon 4 and fly their one type of airplane with the accurate cockpit...

Mike D.

Well , the long and short of it is, plain and simple, what i am sure all others are thinking, Stiglr, go f*** urself, and dont come back

It all comes down to not getting what he wants.He can do what most people do here,download and use what he thinks is best for him.But he has the view that people should not "waste" their time on stuff HE deems unfit.Everything revolves around this guy.In his way of thinking by useing time on stuff he dosn't want the modders are taking development time away from things he wants.The "crappy" flight models he dismisseshave been give high marks by people who flew the f-in aircraft in combat.Nothing in this world is perfect and this series of games for sure isn't.he made his case to TK(and the world 20 times) didn't get the response he wanted so now he's on a crusade to sh!t in everyones cornflakes.I have issues and things I want fixed in the game everyone does but man just give it a rest play whatever it is that you do like and STFU.Guys like him get raped in prison and the guards just laugh. :rolleyes:

Sums it up nicely.

- Stop ! Who goes there ?

- We are sycophants, and Dave's our leader !

sounds nice...

Gunrunner, you just made me change my sig :rolleyes:

LOL I remember Stiglr from years ago when I used to lurk the SIMHQ forums. He was always a great source of entertainment for me :rofl:

For some reason anytime I read anything he's posted I'm immediately reminded of that scene in Sleeper where Woody Allen's character is electronically molested while hiding in an Orgasmatron. :biggrin:

Well I recently read all the posts from this guy in this forum and in the Falcon 4.0 forum too, and I just thought: WTF? If he's so narrow-minded, leave him allone.

Or as we say in switzerland: If he's angry, a small world keeps on beeing angry... :haha:

So gentlemen, don't worry (be happy :biggrin: ), and keep on with producing great stuff for the Thirdwire series as you do :salute:

EDIT: Praise the lord, the new MF weaps pack is out!!! :clapping:

Edited by Leidgenosse

Gunrunner, you just made me change my sig :rolleyes:

Could I use it as Tag? i rather this to "Yes we can" or "Be as nuts as you can be"

In fact, i wouldn´t doubt that Dave is the most appropiate leader for such bunch, and

i´ve been told several times that i´m a psico, but this boy deserves mercy. Found him:

chico-haciendo-el-tonto_21981.jpg

Edited by macelena

Surely,

now we know what we're dealing with :smile: call in the fembots! :biggrin:

No. We should call the unholy alliance of the eels and the lazer cats.

Good old "S" behaves like he's had a fight with his boyfriend again, just like in the old days at SimHQ...

Well done Warlord and Dave !!

Aju,

Derk :smile: