Sign in to follow this  
Dave

DS Mod Goodies

It is okei, it doesn't matter. :biggrin: I am interested in helping and doing a campiagn 2.0 version, it think it is a good project, worth pursuing, in the spirit of readme .."men and women that gathered under one flag to stop a mad man"

We are coming up with a plan that basically is an aircraft swap so to speak where were can have a version like you said. I know the Mirage Factory has expressed interest in doing a French AF version. I think that is a brilliant idea. Kind of like country specific versions.

We are coming up with a plan that basically is an aircraft swap so to speak where were can have a version like you said. I know the Mirage Factory has expressed interest in doing a French AF version. I think that is a brilliant idea. Kind of like country specific versions.

Interesting. so you mean different campaigns set. country specif or diffrent installs? Although a one and everything would be good as well. We can work on the Italian side (for the little that there is to do) if you guys ar eintersted. . I have plenty of first hand reports, and I honour myself in knowing many pilots that actually flew in Desert Storm.

Interesting. so you mean different campaigns set. country specif or diffrent installs? Although a one and everything would be good as well. We can work on the Italian side (for the little that there is to do) if you guys ar eintersted. . I have plenty of first hand reports, and I honour myself in knowing many pilots that actually flew in Desert Storm.

My thinking is using the same install. Just a new campaign and add to the planeset we currently have.

Desert Storm expansion packs?

I didn't think that structural stress was modeled in TW games. I've tried some maneuvers that in real life would certainly kill you and the air craft haven't failed before. Perhaps its an option in the ini?

Down I went to hand deliver 4 1000lb's nothing personal just that line up of jets looked fun in a Hornet and they replied with 2 SA-8's and an SA-3 pulled out doing 500kts around 6g with only 2 winders a pair of sparrows Tanks had long gone at this point Rolled left and right with chaff and flares coming out the back no throttle and pop of came the wing...

Settings are set to hard you sure Structural Stress doesnt come into this ??? Had it happen before on different Aircraft...

Structural limits are definitely modeled in this series. Try pulling G's with the Dragon Lady, and you'll find them, PDQ.

I've noticed that on one time I was in the SoCal map, I jerked the plane and all of a sudden I blew up, guess now I actualy have to be careful :smile:. But OT, I do have to carry more A2A missiles yet again, damn Iraqis spawn like nothing else... Doing a deep strike and all of a sudden swarms of MIG's, and other assorted stuff comes around... good work though, becoming an ace quicker yet again :good:

First of ALL Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

This mod raised the bar for campaigns. Started to have fun with The FA-18A from VFA86.

Some oddities happened when loaded the Birds a bit different.

See Pic.

Seems that's caused by some wrong entries in the Data.ini:

My changes are in bold, //are just coments

For sake of cleanliness removed CBU from AllowedWeaponClass as it's not needed

Anyone knows if AGM-65E s could be carried on TLRs by the A Hornet?

// Weapon Stations ---------------------------------------------------------

[LeftInnerWingStation]

//SUU-63 Pylon

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.227,-1.3,-0.725

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-1.0,0.0

LoadLimit=2280

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,TER,MER,BOMB,RP,TLR,LGB

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,USAF,Israel

ModelNodeName=LeftPyl

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank300_F18

[RightInnerWingStation]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=2

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 2.227,-1.3,-0.725

LoadLimit=2280

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,TER,MER,BOMB,RP,TLR,LGB

ModelNodeName=RightPyl

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank300_F18

[LeftInnerWingStation2]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=3

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.227,-1.3,-0.816

LoadLimit=2280

AllowedWeaponClass=ARM,EOGB,EOGR,CGR,LGR //for AGM-65 E?

ModelNodeName=LeftPyl01

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

[RightInnerWingStation2]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=4

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 2.227,-1.3,-0.816

LoadLimit=2280

AllowedWeaponClass=ARM,EOGB,EOGR,CGR,LGR //for AGM-65 E?

ModelNodeName=RightPyl01

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

[LeftOuterWingStation]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=5

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.398,-1.544,-0.77

LoadLimit=2600

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,TER,MER,BOMB,RP,LGB

ModelNodeName=LeftOuterPyl

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank300_F18

[RightOuterWingStation]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=6

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 3.398,-1.544,-0.77

LoadLimit=2600

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,TER,MER,BOMB,RP,LGB

ModelNodeName=RightOuterPyl

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank300_F18

[LeftOuterWingStation2]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=7

StationGroupID=2 // was 6 same as centerline?

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.398,-1.544,-0.887

LoadLimit=2600

AllowedWeaponClass=ARM,EOGB,EOGR,CGR,SAHM,LGB,2BR,LGR //for AGM-65 E?

ModelNodeName=LeftOuterPyl01

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

LaunchRailNodeName=

[RightOuterWingStation2]

//SUU-63 Pylon

StationID=8

StationGroupID=2 // was 6 same as centerline?

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 3.398,-1.544,-0.887

LoadLimit=2600

AllowedWeaponClass=ARM,EOGB,EOGR,CGR,SAHM,LGB,2BR,LGR //for AGM-65 E?

ModelNodeName=RightOuterPyl01

PylonMass=123.8

PylonDragArea=0.03

LaunchRailNodeName=

[LeftOuterWingStation3]

//SUU-63 Pylon with LAU-115A/A

StationID=9

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.704,-1.7,-0.727

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-1.0,90.0

LoadLimit=2600

DiameterLimit=0.3

AllowedWeaponClass=IRM,AHM

ModelNodeName=LeftOuterPyl02

PylonMass=91.4

PylonDragArea=0.03

LaunchRailNodeName=

[RightOuterWingStation3]

StationID=10

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=3.704,-1.7,-0.727

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-1.0,-90.0

LoadLimit=2600

DiameterLimit=0.3

ModelNodeName=RightOuterPyl02

PylonMass=91.4

PylonDragArea=0.03

LaunchRailNodeName=

[LeftOuterWingStation4]

StationID=11

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.092,-1.7,-0.727

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-1.0,-90.0

LoadLimit=2600

DiameterLimit=0.3

ModelNodeName=LeftOuterPyl02

PylonMass=91.4

PylonDragArea=0.03

LaunchRailNodeName=

[RightOuterWingStation4]

StationID=12

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition= 3.092,-1.7,-0.727

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-1.0,90.0

LoadLimit=2600

DiameterLimit=0.3

ModelNodeName=RightOuterPyl02

PylonMass=91.4

PylonDragArea=0.03

LaunchRailNodeName=

[CenterlineStation]

//SUU-62 Pylon

StationID=13

StationGroupID=6

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,-0.15,-1.08

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-0.4,0.0

LoadLimit=2280

AllowedWeaponClass=FT,BOMB

ModelNodeName=centerline

PylonMass=58.97

PylonDragArea=0.02

FuelTankName=Tank300_F18

Many thanks again to all involved.

S!

Edited by Tannethal

Operationally the US Navy never used the triple rails like the USAF due to issues of drag if I remember right and launch weight. They just use single missiles on adapter rails. Yes the E is laser guided (by lazercats).

Operationally the US Navy never used the triple rails like the USAF due to issues of drag if I remember right and launch weight. They just use single missiles on adapter rails. Yes the E is laser guided (by lazercats).

Working on the F/A-18 as Aviation Ordnanceman in VFA-305 and then at Station Weapons NAWS China Lake I never loaded a triple rack. The Hornet was always loaded during my time with a single LAU and Maverick. It was also rare that those were loaded for a flight anyway. A good all around load for any mission would be as such,

Stations 1 and 9 AIM-9 series

Stations 2 and 8 4x Mk80 series bombs, any configuration.

Stations 3 and 7 AGM-88 HARM/AGM-45 Shrike (was used until about 1992)

Staions 4 and 6 AIM-7/AIM-120/ FLIR and LASER designatior.

Staion 5 Drop Tank

This is what I used to load other than Mk76 and Mk105 practice bombs, it's also what I take in the strike missions unless it's a pinpoint target.

Here's a question I guess I never thought to ask, but playing this campaign has made me wonder. Does the campaign track ground object kills? For example, if I can a Firecan (haw haw) is that Firecan gone now in the following missions? Reason I wonder is if this is true is because I'm wondering if we could see the enemy's ability to detect and engage decrease over the course of the campaign, much like their fighter and ground units will lose strength. That and I'd hate to hit an airfields defenses and then return on the next sortie and see them magically replaced.

The Hornet model is now.. uhh.. 3 year old or so, and its an -18A. But its used as an -18C too in the DS mod... There are several outdated data sections/entries.

The A Hornet can not use LMAV at all. The C and D kites can. Single LAU-117 launchers only.

Beautiful mod(no mod,it's a new game!) and excelent work by all involved. Thank you very much.

I've picked up 43 squadron RAF (tornado GR1) for my first campaign. It's excellent. One of many interesting moments was when i was bombing an iraqi airfield. I realized, that four B-52 are coming to bomb the same runway, from same heading and are above me. Can i outrun the carpet of bombs? I the end i did. It takes some time for the bombs to fall from 40k :-). And about ten seconds before i make the bomb run two flights of Intruders came in 90 degrees to our course and also unloaded their bombloads into the airbase. I belive that iraqis then gave up on that base :-) There wasn't much left.

Oh, and how is it with weapon resupply? I am runnig low on bombs :-)

Once again excelent work.

Took one of the F-15Es from the 336th for the campaign, and I love how there are insaneloads of F-15Cs covering me. There's a random KC-10 looking for people, and some others. On the bomb run, some Corsairs covered SEAD; that made my job a lot easier.

Here's a question I guess I never thought to ask, but playing this campaign has made me wonder. Does the campaign track ground object kills? For example, if I can a Firecan (haw haw) is that Firecan gone now in the following missions? Reason I wonder is if this is true is because I'm wondering if we could see the enemy's ability to detect and engage decrease over the course of the campaign, much like their fighter and ground units will lose strength. That and I'd hate to hit an airfields defenses and then return on the next sortie and see them magically replaced.

In the terrain's DS_TYPES.ini, every target type has a repair rate variable. I don't know the units, I assume days. The values are still at the stock values, but I might look at tweaking them in future updates.

For most aircraft types, you should be flying close to once a day, if not more.

[TargetType027]

Name=Runway1

FullName=Runway

ModelName=airfield1.lod

TargetType=MEDIUM_RUNWAY

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=1000

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=140.0

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=10.0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh, and how is it with weapon resupply? I am runnig low on bombs :-)

It's set to resupply every 80 days. This can be tweaked at the top of the DesertStorm_Data.ini campaign file.

In the same file, is the starting number of stores for each squadron. This is also something I'm probably going to tweak in the future.

If you change these values, you'll have to restart your current campaign to see the changes.

Is there some kind of NVGs simulated for night missions? I don't know if NVGs were much in use for Gulf War I, off the top of my head.

I ask because it would be a neat feature, especially if it could be duplicated without the whole DS mod. Also, I don't own WOE so I can't check for myself - pretty sure this is a WOE-only mod.

Yeah, you only need to use another A-10 (like the one in column5) and change some of the ground units from the WoE stock ground units to the WoV ones in the campaign data.ini to get the campaign to work.

It's set to resupply every 80 days. This can be tweaked at the top of the DesertStorm_Data.ini campaign file.

In the same file, is the starting number of stores for each squadron. This is also something I'm probably going to tweak in the future.

If you change these values, you'll have to restart your current campaign to see the changes.

Tornados really need more bombs. I flew 20 missions and Iam out. Don't know if other squadrons need it as they mostly use loadouts with a few big bombs. For balance reasons is it better to increase starting number or decrease resupply time?

Only had a decent chance to have a looksee today. I'm impressed. Dig those G model BUFFs! :good:

Just returned from one of the most exhilarating flights ive ever done (DS mod) and was happily lumbering home when both my wingman and no 3 were blown owt of the sky by this......

Sneaky SOB lol

post-26949-1233579200_thumb.jpg

Tornados really need more bombs. I flew 20 missions and Iam out. Don't know if other squadrons need it as they mostly use loadouts with a few big bombs. For balance reasons is it better to increase starting number or decrease resupply time?

Go with the starting number, specific for each squadron.

The resupply time was set to 80, based on the logic that the campaign should be over in less than 80 days, and I just wanted each squadron to start out with enough to get them through the campaign.

I'll deffinately check each unit as part of the first update.