Sign in to follow this  
i fight by 1

What does it feel like to be shot?

Well, bb's paintballs and staples hurt, thats the extent of my experience... :biggrin:

Sign me a waiver and you can choose one of these................

DSC01823.jpg

.................to be delivered by one of these.....................

DSC01817.jpg

..................and you can report from first hand experience :ok:

:blink: I can say only two things:

1- Answering your question, i would bet it hurts

2- Welcome to the sycophants

Sign me a waiver and you can choose one of these................

pic1..

.................to be delivered by one of these.....................

pic2

..................and you can report from first hand experience :ok:

nice collection :good:

wish i could have had one my self... :) but the law is the law ^_^

Edited by Nesher

I can't tell for myself, fortunately... but I can pretty much get the idea from an episode that occured a few years ago: we used to have a person from a private security company coming in the evenings - he usually stayed overnight - to guard our house and of course, he was armed (he had a S&W .38 revolver). But he wasn't too careful or respecful of firearms because he often would draw his 6-shot revolver and play with it like he was a cowboy or something or field strip it while on duty... anyway, we didn't find out about that until what I'm about to tell next, happened...

So, I think it was Christmas Eve of 2001 (IIRC) when I was with my family in the living room and heard a gunshot. The guy then started to scream for help. He had been doing the cowboy thing and he accidentally shot himself in the shoulder. My father had to empty the gun himself and take him to a hospital. Of course we complained about this to his employer and they sent us another person but I saw him a few weeks after when he came back with his arm in a sling and all and I asked him what did it feel to get shot and surprisingly, he said he didn't feel a thing, only the kick of the bullet hitting his shoulder and then, a bit of numbness and an unsual sense of warmth in the area around the wound. He didn't bleed, I saw no blood whatsoever because the wound pretty much closed itself after the .38 round penetrated. The pain came afterwards when his body 'realised' it had sustained damage but I think because of the shock of the moment, he didn't feel much at first.

I wouldn't like to try that for myself, that's for sure.

without doubt a very strange question...pmsl...i know from iraq n afgan it must hurt..fookin hurt alot,..i have been stabbed through shoulder once n my god it brings a tear to the eye after the endorphins wear off..lol..as much as we do distance our selves as pilots dropping ordanace on what we only see as a target...never put human in equasion..unlike the groud guys..(mucho respecto to em)...but have always wondered about there last thoughts as the see little black dots getting bigger towards them...maybe.." hey look a bomb,n thers another" followed by "uh oh this is gonna hurt !"

Not talking fatal wounds btw

Well, it would be hard for an individual who had sustained fatal wounds to tell you how it feels, now wouldn't it? :haha:

Been wonderign this lately...

I dunno, but I'll go ask my ex for the 2 grand she owes me and while I'm at it, I'll ask for the last 2 years of my life back and I'll let you know... :tongue::biggrin:

I dunno, but I'll go ask my ex for the 2 grand she owes me and while I'm at it, I'll ask for the last 2 years of my life back and I'll let you know... :tongue::biggrin:

Pffft, mine owes me over 5 grand, and also about 2 years.......

The closest I have come to being "shot" was take mortar shrapnel in my arm, but there isnt much difference honestly. How did it feel? It hurt like a motherfu$%er. I felt pressure, and then a burning sensation, and then bled like a stuck pig. Closest I have come, and hopefully, the closest I will EVER come to being shot.

Been wonderign this lately... Not talking fatal wounds btw

You're name had better not be panchobel...

FC

I have been fortunate in that I have never been shot, either in the Marines or as a cop, but I would imagine it would hurt like a mother f-er. We are talking about muscle being torn, nerves being cut up, and possibly bone shattering. That's not even including internal organs being hit..... Not to mention you are being hit by a solid object traveling at hundreds of feet per second......

one of my best friends took 4 rounds and 3 pieces of shrapnel in nam, said being shot didn't hurt, healing hurt like hell!!he died in 95 from said wounds.a friends mom married a local policeman who got shot 4 weeks after they got married said the same thing, they couldn't remove the bullet wore it for 10 years before it severed his aorta! some things you just don't want to know!

If it felt good we'd be morons for arming, protecting, and waging war with guns and ammunition. It would be far more affective to carry around free lap dance cards and massage parlor tickets. :haha:

Seriously though getting gutted by a .223/.308/7.62 has to be the most painful experience anyone can endure. It's not so much the shot but the placement and delivery that I'd worry about. A 22 to the temple point blank wouldn't hurt at all compared to the 40 cal in the knee.

I'm sure a splinter can hurt worse than a lights out shot.

Hell, if being hit with shrapnel in the arm is like getting shot, thanks, once was enough, dont want to get shot.

w00t i got erik to post in my thread...Would it hurt more if say the shot went straight though your arm then if it stayed in your arm?

Edited by i fight by 1

Hell, if being hit with shrapnel in the arm is like getting shot, thanks, once was enough, dont want to get shot.

Look at it this way ... now you get special attention at all metal detectors. I heard the new administration was thinking of adding breast augmentation to the list of taxable deductions for all security screeners. That couldn't be coincidental you must have planned it.

well the shrapnel i got in my arm they had to leave in and eventually it will work itself out, i still have it in there, its about the size of a 22 bullet

Edited by Jarhead1

Would it hurt more if say the shot went straight though your arm then if it stayed in your arm?

Depends on what you're getting shot with.

Gentalmen,

I met a man by chance who was shot in the forehead and had the back/top of his skull blown to pieces by a 7.62mm AJ-47 round and he enlightened me. He said that after he shot and killed 4 guys who ambushed his squad, he was reloading his MG and saw a muzzle flash. He said it hurt BRIGHTLY and quick then..... cold, cold, cold - water. In that time he said he saw Jesus. He also said he saw his squad attempting to talk to Jesus, but not all were accepted. (I tell you the truth on what he said, no embellishments- don't kill the messanger)

He said it felt like someone opened his body up and poured ice cold water into his wound and he felt it in every cubic inch of his body. He said he layed onconscience for 3.5 hours and woke up in a hospital.

The round didn't destroy most of his brain and he is alive, though with extremely severe PTSD and very much trouble concentrating. He also has a fear of cold water.

Edited by exhausted

s**t and 7.62?

this is madness...i thought nobody could survive it O.o

What does it feel like to be shot?

Do not know, and do not want to know. Not something to glorify or take lightly, it is REAL.

There are a lot of people in military uniform, with police badges, and or that live in some of the roughest places on earth, I doubt they would like to know either.

From a realistic point of view (Literally) You don't want to know and never should you want to find out.

My stepson got shot in the finger with a .22 airgun pellet [dont laugh] my god, he squeeled like a pig in a bacon factory, so god only knows what something bigger must feel like..... :biggrin:

btw, this must be the strangest question I've ever heard somebody ask.