Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Yo, check this out! Great speed boost!

Speaking of which...anyone get that damn annoying FPS counter in the corner to not show up? The command line switch doesn't appear to work...

FC

Well, I installed it. haven't spent much time testing but I did notice an improvement....from 8-9 fps in the cockpit, now up to 13-15!!!

External veiws running around 21-27 (on my Modern Darwin, cause it's got the GH mod in. Saw some really strange numbers on the HUDdebug...

One time it read "125max" or something REALLY high

I will say, even though I've gained almost nothing, it DOES look sharper, and I've not touched anything in the nVidia panel

oh, system specs:

XP SP2

3.46 cpu

1 gig ram

6800 Nvidia, 512mg ram (obviously, a 'larger' card would help out

wrench

kevin stein

Ok, after staying up with this thread since yesterday.

People with onboard vid cards will most likely NOT see any improvement.

XP users: it's a crapshoot.

Great stuff here all. The sharing of info is awesome. Give and take.

I was wondering if I was going to be able to get a little bit more from this laptop. It's doesn't appear to work for that. No biggie. I will try it on my gaming rig at home. By then, this should be figured out really well.

Thanks!

This thread made me install Windows7 :biggrin:

core2duo 3.0ghz, 8800GT, 2gb ram, SF2E test results, ALL settings Unlimited except Shadow (low), same mission, cockpit view

XP, w/o enbseries 25 FPS

XP, w/ enbseries 25 FPS

Win7 w/o enb 15 FPS

Win7 w/ enb 40+ FPS

so it looks like it works :good: , but how, I don't know..

Edited by pureblue

I tried it on my laptop and it worked well too. I have no idea how this thing works but man what an improvement.

If you're having the blurred texture problem, try copying the enbseries.ini to your /Flight folder.

If you're having the blurred texture problem, try copying the enbseries.ini to your /Flight folder.

I think that's what should be done in the first place. The DLL looks for the enbseries.ini file inside the Flight folder.

Not in the root of your SF2 installation. If it doesn't find one in the first execution, it creates a default with most of the filters turned on. Thats why people get the weird effects. There's was a long thread about the enbseries around here, which had some useful configs posted. Just use the ini that comes with the ZIP package and edit to your own taste..

I think that's what should be done in the first place. The DLL looks for the enbseries.ini file inside the Flight folder.

Not in the root of your SF2 installation. If it doesn't find one in the first execution, it creates a default with most of the filters turned on. Thats why people get the weird effects. There's was a long thread about the enbseries around here, which had some useful configs posted. Just use the ini that comes with the ZIP package and edit to your own taste..

Yeah, the initial post in the thread over at Thirdwise advised to put them both in the game root dir, which is where I think most (and I, for that matter) are having trouble.

Ok. Game crashes when starting on my end.

Using this on a laptop with Vista + integrated graphics card.

Looks like it's a "no go" in this setup.

I'm getting better results with the INI that was automatically created in the Flight folder. It seems to be giving me all of the performance benefit, with none of the additional effects, which for me is optimal.

And we're all reasonably sure that the use of this file won't:

A. result in my video card going up in a puff of smoke in the next week.

B. give the Latvian mafia use of my computer.

C. result in my immortal soul being sold to the devil.

I've never been able to play the Vietnam map with so little slow-down. This still seems way too good to be true!

And we're all reasonably sure that the use of this file won't:

A. result in my video card going up in a puff of smoke in the next week.

B. give the Latvian mafia use of my computer.

C. result in my immortal soul being sold to the devil.

I've never been able to play the Vietnam map with so little slow-down. This still seems way too good to be true!

hEh HeH, sILLy ThoG DudE, yuO MaY No ReElizE iT, buT it 2LatE!!!! YuO AlrEdY haBe dA stIckeR somWheR on yUr PC, Da 1 tHaT SAy "LatVIan MaFIA inSIDe!"

Just so I have this straight then, where exactly do the files go?

In the main game folder (with the .exe), or my "saved games" SF2 folder? And does the .ini go in the main directory or the flight folder?

Just so I have this straight then, where exactly do the files go?

In the main game folder (with the .exe), or my "saved games" SF2 folder? And does the .ini go in the main directory or the flight folder?

Under XP, the files go in the main SF2 folder, not in the Thirdwire folder in "My Documents". In Vista and Win 7, they should go in the "Flight Folder", not in "My Saved Games/Thidwire/SF2x".

Under XP, the files go in the main SF2 folder, not in the Thirdwire folder in "My Documents". In Vista and Win 7, they should go in the "Flight Folder", not in "My Saved Games/Thidwire/SF2x".

I put it in my Program Files/Thirdwire folder of my Vista install and it worked fine too.

Hmm this is strange. My system is WinXP, WOE first gen. When I put both - DLL and INI file in main directory it doesn't work, but when INI goes to the Flight folder then HDR effects works well. Another matter is that I don't see any speed boost.

I put it in my Program Files/Thirdwire folder of my Vista install and it worked fine too.

Uh, Dave....read my post again....lol

Uh, Dave....read my post again....lol

I did, and mine is in a different place then any that you mentioned and they all work. Mine is in the C:/Program Files/Thirdwire/

Well I don't know what this thing does but it worked like a charm for me, I tried it before when it was first posted but no joy, but this time it is simply miraculous, I have exerything on max and graphics card settings are also on highest quality, i just dropped the 2 files in the main directory (made no changes in the .ini) and the in cockpit fps is smoother than one of my pick-up lines, I do get the awfull looking weirdness when I press shift F12 tho (guess I can edit the settings to remedy that).

system specs:

intel quad core 2.83ghz overclocked 3.0ghz

Nvidia gtx 280

8Gb ddr3 ram

windows vista ultimate 64bit

SF2, V, E

despite a reasonably beefy system, in cockpit fps before this mod were around 15fps max.

Using XP SP3, dual core 3.1ghz, Geforce 8600gt(1gig DDR2) 4gig DDR3 ram, placed the first file into SF2 main Directory and the 2nd file into Flight folder. I never really add any issues to begin with and now things look the same nothing jumps out at me as far as the FPS is concerened I'd like to see if it will work in my other older WO* any one else tried it yet?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LaTvIaN EeLs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HeLLLLpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put some spam on them, ASAP!

Speaking of which...anyone get that damn annoying FPS counter in the corner to not show up? The command line switch doesn't appear to work...

FC

FC,

It's a Typo in the "Read-Me". It states that it's "F12" when in fact it's "F10" for the Frame Rate Limiter. With the HDR, In the 3d39.dll, You can remove the Anoying Question with a Hex Editor by adding Blank spaces and saving. Where the Programers Name is, I added My own Name so I know it's functioning.

331KillerBee

Using XP SP3, dual core 3.1ghz, Geforce 8600gt(1gig DDR2) 4gig DDR3 ram, placed the first file into SF2 main Directory and the 2nd file into Flight folder. I never really add any issues to begin with and now things look the same nothing jumps out at me as far as the FPS is concerened I'd like to see if it will work in my other older WO* any one else tried it yet?

Yes it seems to work with older series as well! I've just tried it with Strike Fighters Gold patched to october 2008 level, and my FPS went from 19-25 to 39-50 in cockpit (instant action)!

So, to summarise, if you want to get this FPS boost you have to:

1. Have Vista/7 running the game

2. Have decent, NOT integrated graphic solution

Now back in the original thread (now moved to modders corner) TK stated his thoughts on why this might be happening. This plugin may just skip some rendering and/or physics parts of the engine. Anyone noticed any differences (apart from the FPS of course ;) ) yet?

Edited by SFP1Ace