Dave

What If Screenshot Thread.......

There was no ban on the export of the A-10 and certainly for busting Soviet tanks other nations than the US had an equal if not greater interest... It is just that those nations (continental European NATO) had just used up their financial resources on their own projects, and one of those, the Tornado, was supposed to be their tank buster.

PS: if you think that is a sacrilege, you better should not see my current project on a US bird :laugh:

Edited by PraetorHonoris

There was no ban on the export of the A-10 and certainly for busting Soviet tanks other nations than the US had an equal if not greater interest... It is just that those nations (continental European NATO) had just used up their financial resources on their own projects, and one of those, the Tornado, was supposed to be their tank buster.

PS: if you think that is a sacrilege, you better should not see my current project on a US bird :laugh:

Ey, what about a Multinational NATO A-10 Force with Luxembourgers' markings, ala Sentry?

13272m.jpg

Edited by FrankD

Better not be a Tomcat in Iranian markings... or Libyian Markings... damn forgot the first one is real :rofl:

Ey, what about a Multinational NATO A-10 Force with Luxembourgers' markings, ala Sentry?[/size][/font]

Blast! That is a great idea - it's on the list :good: (which is unfortunatly quite long already...)

Better not be a Tomcat in Iranian markings... or Libyian Markings... damn forgot the first one is real :rofl:

Nah, still within NATO. Although, now as you mentioned it... :blink:

Edited by PraetorHonoris

naa, a-10 shd always be US;anything else is sacrilege.

And why is that then?

Can;t give everything away, he he :clapping: The a-10 is like the trump card.

Edited by dsawan

ROYALNAVYC20108.jpg

BAe/Convair Corona FG.3 - 800 Naval Air Squadron, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm, 1991

Edited by Spinners

RAFCORONAFG101.jpg

BAe/Convair Corona FG.1 - No.6 Squadron, RAF Middle East Command, 2011

RAFFIREBRANDFB602.jpg

Blackburn Firebrand FB.6 - No.30 Squadron, RAF SEAC, 1949

"Wild at Heart"

USAFF-105K04.jpg

Republic F-105K Thunderchief

RAFANTRIMB101.jpg

Avro Antrim B.1 - No.49 Squadron, RAF Bomber Command, 1949

did that in 2007 (at least, that's the date on the _data.ini)... called it "Viking Mk.3" to keep with the V-Bomber family

(have it in anti-flash white too)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

did that in 2007

Not quite Kevin. Mine is the prop job whilst yours appears to be a jet. Lovely work though!

Somehow I doubt Croatia would need such a plane :grin: Still very nice, russouk!

I stand corrected .. somehow didn't notice the props!! (old age????)

You want the Viking? I'll never find time to finsh it off...

wrench

kevin stein

RANF-13A01.jpg

Rockwell F-13A - No.805 Squadron, Royal Australian Navy, 1979

I stand corrected .. somehow didn't notice the props!! (old age????)

You want the Viking? I'll never find time to finsh it off...

Yes, it'll be nice to show the folks over at the 'what if modelers' website - thank you.

Correct designation for that would be FV-12, as would the Convair 201 I think. Both being SCS fighter designs.

Not too sure about that because of the existence of the YF-12A (the Blackbird based interceptor).

Wrong Spinners, even though the 12th slot for the F- series was indeed attributed to the interceptor variant of the A-12/SR-71, FV-12 is not a F- series slot, but a V- series one (like OV-1, OV-10, MV-22, AV-8 and a few others). :grin:

Thus FV-12 is free and was indeed reserved for that program.

LOL I guess the clue is in the name - XFV-12!

To be fair the nomenclature is sometimes quite confusing if not confused and has a lot of exceptions and peculiarities.