Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS UPDATED

Please check out the new P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS on our website for your enjoyment.

(sorry just noticed some seem to view in 16 bit colour, to fix this right click on the image and select "Go fullscreen" seems to sort it :)

What can I say?....The Cockpits are just incredible!... and the new towns and buildings!

Love the Ground Fire tracers...not seen that before!...The HP looks incredible...and is that an Aviatik??? I've already commented on the Sky texturing in the past..but it's worth noting again!.....this will be the sim to end all sims!.....cannot wait for it's release!

You have done me proud with the Snipe...thank you all for taking on board my constant pushing! :grin:

Have you flown her yet Pol?...what's she like?...is she gonna make the Huns fill their Britches with a watery mess?

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

OMFG!!

Some of those screenies are just jaw-dropping beautiful, Pol!

Who am I kidding? They are all jaw-dropping beautiful! The cockpits, the scenery--I am particularly impressed by the improved towns and cities, complete with church spires and more. And the integration of the trees with the houses and buildings is also much improved! I'm afraid that when I first get P4, I will be crashing much too much from admiring the scenery and forgetting to check my six!

Simply fantastic!

Oh my Lord! Amazing, Pol. You devs have truly outdone yourselves.

Thanks guys, yes Aviatik is there and a Rumpler (work in progress). I have flown the Snipe to test for WM, looks great and the pit view is handy enough for picking out the enemies. FM is still WIP but so far is good fun.

The rain on the windshield of the spad VII is fabulous! Of course the sky and the scenery never fail to impress. It is all very organic looking and blends well together. The trees all the way out to the horizon is impressive too. That's something few, if any, other flight sims do and will really add to the immersion factor. The cockpits are a work of art gentleman. I cannot begin to imagine the hours spent on just those alone. Then there's all the little things being done on the ground itself. The fences, farm animals, new buildings, independently aiming infantrymen, vehicles, etc.

The fact that you can fly anywhere and the war is still going on in that much detail is truly mind blowing, considering how long the war was, how much ground it covered, how many times the front lines moved, squadrons changed locations and planes, not to mention paint jobs, etc. You are truly re-creating WWI in more historically accurate detail than any other sim in history. What a mind bogglingly huge undertaking and you guys get right down to the tiny details too, not being content to just paint in broad brush strokes! Which leads me to have to ask one question:

Do any of your wives know who you are anymore???

Hellshade

I don't want to be too spoilerish, but how many early kites are there in the works we're not being shown? Any Farmans? Voisins? Vickers Gunbus?, Albatros CIII's? Will the Morane "L" parasol come in both single and two seaters? Inquiring minds and all that stuff...

You guys are really putting together some amazing stuff. Appreciate the posts, the time and effort and the passion in your hearts. I sit and wait patiently like the rest of the masses.

Thanks Pol. They look quite amazing.

Getting better and better. :good:

You know, really, there have been enthusiasts and historians of WW1 aviation for decades now, many of whom have passed on. It's one thing to read about it and see old pictures and even films, but good lord how they would have loved to see Flanders Fields in 2011/12. It would have absolutely blown them away.

how they would have loved to see Flanders Fields in 2011/12. It would have absolutely blown them away.

Getting a little optimistic there, aren't we? :grin:

Hellshade

I'm very new to this sim so I can't really compare with what has been done but these images look absolutely amazing! The look of the new buildings are fantastic and the details in the cockpit make me want to jump right in. I thank you for your commitment and look forward to going back in time to when flight and fight were new and the men who fought were fearless beyond my comprehension. Keep up the good work. :salute:

I don't want to be too spoilerish, but how many early kites are there in the works we're not being shown? Any Farmans? Voisins? Vickers Gunbus?, Albatros CIII's? Will the Morane "L" parasol come in both single and two seaters? Inquiring minds and all that stuff...

We do not have a complete feature list yet, so I won't say a complete list at this stage apart from what has already been seen in the screenshots. Morane L is currently 2 seater version, but I can't say if other versions will be there yet - possibly.

We do not have many modellers (!) so there won't be dozens of new craft coming out all at once. So far we have shown new craft such as Gotha G.IV, HP O400, Snipe, Morane L, Aviatik, Rumpler. We also have one or two brand new replacement models of other craft (DH2 for example) not yet shown.

Replacing or updating dozens of cockpits is a big enough job for our tiny team (other sims have several times more people) and given the time needed to make a complete working craft in the sim apart from the externals there are obviously the associated other jobs from basic textures, cockpits, FMs, DMs, Squads in the manager and sometimes code to support them, squad skins etc as you know.

When we have things almost ready we'll be more prepared to say all the features :declare::grin:

These new screenshots are to give you a taste, they are not the whole picture, and are not intended to be!

Really beautiful scenery and the cockpits are stunning. The raindrops on the windscreen of my favorite aircraft (the Spad), the flight instruments, the wiring, ... Marvelous. The added shadows in some of the cockpits do add more depth. Simply gorgeous! Congrats!

Wonderful, absolutely amazing work! I love you guys for adding new two-seaters. I can hardly wait for P4. :drinks:

RESPECT !

:clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping:

Edited by elephant

Everything they said and more! That third image in, so simple as it is, is just perfection. The War can wait, I know I'll be spending a fair bit of time treating P4 as FS, not CFS!

An Aviatik! But I was going to go on to an Eindecker after my British two seater campaign ... now I don't know which ... I'm all confused ... I mean it's the time ... Wait a minute, my wife finishes her course in August. if she could get a job shortly after ... then I could hand in my notice and just play OFF all day long. Phew, problem solved!

As Blackadder's George once said "I hope I snuff it right now, to preserve this moment forever" :lol:

I do not oftern post on this forum although I have all the OFF add-ons and do not fly it as oftern as I do the other WW1 sim OFF aircraft cockpits left me with a lot be disired, but I just had to say I have seen the new Pic's and they knocked me out you have my money the cockpits and well everything, well done to all concerned.

Those hun razor's are just SO gonna get whats coming to them! :qt:

DH2 at sunset is simply amazing!

Congratulations! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jeeze, what happened here, I thought? So many posts on one day?? Then I had a look.

And so much was there to find!

Big towns now, with a big cathedral in their centers!

OvS has "re-vamped" the Fokker D.VII skins very well!

The landscapes have become more "believeable" with their hedgerows and alleys.

The cockpit compass and the turn knob for the inflight map and

the attachments of the fuselage/cockpit wiring, and the rain sprinkles

on the windscreen of the SPAD...

In the look-out from the SPAD XIII to starboard: are those poplars down there along the alley roads?

And then there's are first glances on a new 2seater: a Rumpler! And an Aviatik!!

(Hasse Wind must find it hard to control himself from now on!)

:bye:

The Camel flying into the sunset is a WW1 air art painting!

And those Pups are looking sooo real now - look at those metal cowlings!

look at the wooden construction of the upper wing! - I feel like I'm in the air

with Arthur Gould Lee (and I'll definitely create a pilot with Lee's Sqdn in P4).

Was the Pup all remodelled? It looks so much "sharper" from it's portside view now!

The towns look well structured now, and I guess, you can recognise them by their

different structures?

There's the Sopwith Snipe - ah, I'll leave this to Widowmaker! :grin:

The landscape from above is also clearer structured, and it should be easier now

to follow roads and rivers, I guess.

Isn't the new DH-2 inviting you to enlist in 24 Sqdn, RFC - I sure will do!

The pilot in the Albatros D.II is looking so much more real now!

The whole bird seems "hotter" somehow (the Albatros - not the pilot!)

Another close-up of OvS's D.VII - James, you will lure me to fly and love that

"box kite" with your skins.

The look over the mountain regions - boy, it is getting tough to wait for all this!

And there seem to be enough cows now for the British to get the milk for their

morning tea, and for the Americans to make Hamburgers.

So you may forgive me my poor rhymes - I had to.

ODE TO THE FORTHCOMING OFF

Soft evening light on instruments and wires

The sundown makes Albert Cathedral glow

No need of enemies for all our flyers

Flying these kites alone will be the show!

Maybe you'll never see the foe who beat you

but here's the best excuse for pilots, soon:

the cockpit and the scenery intrigued me,

the pastel sunset and the crescent moon.

:grin:

Edited by Olham

I didn't see it the first time I went through all of the new screenies, but on pic 45 is a working train rolling along the tracks across the countryside, just begging to be attacked! Also, the scenery in screen 46 and 55 is just incredible! All of it is, but those screens really bring it out for me. I am amazed how you have so many different types of trees too. Different sizes, shapes and colors instead of just the same exact tree model replicated 10,000 times. It adds to the immersion, like everything else you have done.

Seriously, Microsoft should be paying you guys for what you have done with their engine.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade