Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS Discussion

Pol, that is soooooooooo very neat! And the landscape details just keep getting better and better. P4 is going to be an amazing upgrade.

It may become a new sim all together. I still remember the giant step from P2 to P3.

Rugbyfan1972[/b]' timestamp='1308387585' post='504457']

I can't wait to find out how Wayfarer does fighting the einie's in P4.

I just saw the pics! The sheer atmosphere of them, apart from anything else, is an inspiration.

Now whenever I get P4 I am going to have to start my BE2 campaign all over again!

Dej, you are right, that particular shot is so evocative.

As for the rifle, if anyone wanted to provide a Taube for me to take pointless pot shots at, that would be an entertainment in itself.

Of course, once the they become more than an anonymous back of a head, and my survival starts depending so much on them, I am going to have to start naming my observers. Then I 'll have a double feeling of virtual guilt when I get them both killed!

drop dead gorgeous...............................

Teasing is the only fun you devels know besides all that work, eyh?!? :diablo::rockon:

Extracurricular!!!!..............is that a superlative? Never mind....whetting the appetite for the feast to come....beautiful!

Just luv that Be2. I'm really going to have a lot of fun in it. :)

Really great Polovski - the detail is just incredible and thanks for the update! :good:

An authentic BE2 and now a BE12 as well? I'm absolutely staggered and delighted - I hope I had some hand in persuading you down this road. Well done, and many thanks...

"Over Somme's Fields" Looks great!:yikes:

Crossbones

That blue grey haze as the horizon fades away makes a big difference to things looking real and somehow artificial. Can't put my finger on the exact reason why, but I have to say you chaps have got it looking 100% spot on. P4 screenshot are going to look more real than ever.

I have run out of unused adjectives for commenting on P4 at this point. Honestly...I have.

Hahahaha, and the boss thinks I'm unproductive now. Wait until p4 comes out. He'll have to outright fire me! Great looking stuff guys. :good:

I like the soft airbrush-like blue sky shading in picture 2! :good:

I agree Olham - it looks so bleak and really captures the WWI feel.

Edited by Shiloh

Pol that first one is really, really good. Filled with ambiance.

When, Pol, but when? I just hate to be teased this way. :heat:

I think my favorite part of these last group of photos is that every one is showing between 50 - 60 frames per second in the upper left hand corner. Nice optimizations gentlemen.

Hellshade

Thanks for the comments guys things are looking good all over hard to take bad screenshots really and even the rest of the stuff we have not discussed or shown yet is coming together nicely the guys are doing wonders. No date yet of course :)

(Was wondering when someone would notice those Hellshade lol).

... even the rest of the stuff we have not discussed or shown yet is coming together nicely the guys are doing wonders...

Any chance you would discuss some of those things?:no:

BTW I did actually hit something with the Lee Enfield too lol but you are pretty much fly swatting with a toothpick.

I'll drink to that.

I once got the opportunity to shoot down a model aircraft with a Gimpy on a firing range in Wales. We each got 500 or 1000 rounds (I forget now), and there were oil baths beside every gun to cool down the barrels. Most excellent fun, but much, much harder than it looks on TV. 60+ men, but in the whole day only 2 brought it down. I was credited with hitting it, but I didn't bring it down. I'll never forget it. We tabbed over the hill and saw this pale blue VW camper van sitting in the middle of nowhere with 4 gpmgs beside it. We all assumed it must be about car bombs, ambushes, check point duty or something, but when the man opened the door on these model aircraft, well, there's only so many ways that live rounds, machine guns, aircraft and big empty spaces go together. It brought a smile to everybody's face. I'm actually quite chuffed I didn't bring it down, because you had to go and fetch it if you did, and it might crash a mile away across a bog. 2 kills out of 60 attempts doesn't sound great, but it was all new experience, and it took 1000 rounds just to get your eye in. Army isn't daft you know, it's all worked out. :salute:

That was tough, with 1000 rounds of 4 bit which you could hose the tracer onto your target. Firing on aircraft 1 round at a time? Fly swatting with a toothpick says it just about right. Mind you, flying parralel and having a duel would change the odds, but aiming one of those in a 90mph wind? More likely hurt somebody on the ground by accidentally dropping the darn thing than actually shooting somebody with it.

Words don't do it justice!.. :blink:

stunning stunning stunning.

It works for me.

Well done Pol and Winder.

m

:clapping: