Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS Discussion

Wow!!

And double Lewis guns for the Br/F2B...

Must say I am getting anxious!

Absolutely stunning - nice work!

It's all beautiful, but the houses, landscape and clouds really stand out as extraordinary. Very impressive work folks.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Lovely work...this is gonna be good methinks!

Wonderful work, boys! :good:

I like especially, that even smaller rivers as the one in Pic 1 don't look like drawn with a ruler anymore,

but now they meander in gentle curves - very, very sweet!!!

did anybody of you notice the improved cloud and sky scenerie? in p4 it is like in real. if it's overcast and grey, and you break through the clouds high enough, then you'll have blue sky above. in p3 even if you break through high clouds the above sky is grey. a great improvement :salute: .

if it's overcast and grey, and you break through the clouds high enough, then you'll have blue sky above.

in p3 even if you break through high clouds the above sky is grey. a great improvement.

Not so sure there - I think that I had started sorties in grey rainy weather, and above the clouds it was bright and blue.

But then - memories fail me often; maybe my OFF-addicted brain mocks them up?

Edited by Olham

PS: The English London scenery with the Thames and all those barrage balloons is looking superb!

Yeah, this IS a big city!

Just to pick one thing out of some very impressive shots, the sky on that last London shot looks particularly fine.

Just to pick one thing out of some very impressive shots, the sky on that last London shot looks particularly fine.

on the pic you mentioned on the right half next to the AC, there is even rain visible on the horizon. at least in real it looks like that when you see raining clouds in the distance.:good:

Absolutely marvelous work! I really like the improved rivers and weather effects, clouds etc. :drinks:

Stunning Pol!

What I like in these shots (and also in P3 genrally) is that the any given environment images look complete to me :clapping: be it plane graphics, scenery features, lighting :good:

the other day was quite cloudy with partially snippets of blue sky and hughe cumulus clouds with forecasted rain.

when i was looking at the scenerie above i noticed one thing. the pics of p4 doesn't look at all like in real.

no, it's vice versa. the real sky scenerie looked exactly like in the p4 pics. like the real sky is trying to emulate p4. i was wondering what anti aliasing setting the real skies had :drinks: .

I don't care if the sun don't shine

And I don't care if nothing is mine

And I don't care if I'm nervous with you

I'll do my flying in the winter.

And the sea isn't green

And I love the queen

And what exactly is a dream

And what exactly is a joke.

(Syd Barrett "Jugband Blues"; except for "flying", which should be "loving")

I know you LOVE "Over Flanders Fields", Creaghorn - otherwise you would have got me worried!

You and I seem to be living in there already...

:drinks:

Edited by Olham

I've had rain in roughly my last 10 missions with no sun in sight and right now it has rained for 6 days straight where I live without seeing the sun once. I'm beginning to think I'll never see the sun again - real or virtual.

That's why I mostly start my new Campaigns in May. Spring. Nice weather. Can't stand the rain and grey.

We have enough grey weather here in Germany. In OFF, I prefer sunny days.

Same here Olham, I always try to start in the late spring or summer. My pilots never last long enough to get into the bad weather ;)

Beard

ooooooooooo......,,,!!!!! giiiiiiiiiiiimmme!!!!!!!!!!