Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS Discussion

The Aviatik will be coming to a screen near you. Not soon, but it will be coming.

Cheers,

shredward

As you all probably know, I've always demanded more two-seaters for OFF. Therefore I think it's great that P4 will have a bigger selection of them than P3. After all, recon and bomber aircraft had the most important role to play in the air war; the fighters were there only to prevent them from doing their work, or to protect them from enemy fighters.

I've suggested this before, but if you feel like it would be a good idea to help fund the development of OFF, please consider offering plane packs for sale. I dislike the business model of the other sim (having to pay for every new aircraft), but I'd be willing to buy aircraft expansion packs, especially if they contained new two-seaters and other bombers.

"The Aviatik will be coming to a screen near you. Not soon, but it will be coming.

Cheers,

shredward"

Thank you Shred - I'm heartened by that.

"I've suggested this before, but if you feel like it would be a good idea to help fund the development of OFF, please consider offering plane packs for sale. I dislike the business model of the other sim (having to pay for every new aircraft), but I'd be willing to buy aircraft expansion packs, especially if they contained new two-seaters and other bombers."

Hasse - I suspect the major constraint on the OFF team isn't money - it's time.

That CLASH song comes to my mind: "London calling" - for some Gotha raids!

You built it all so nicely, Winder, that the two-year-old in me comes up and wants to bomb it all down.

That is a damn fine mega-city!

Understandable, that it is so anxuiously guarded by Brisfits.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Awesome!!!

And so great looking skies too!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I saw Shredward posting somewhere near recently, that he had a lot of work with P4.

From a rather non-wordy type of person that was a very promising post - seems the

campaigns will get even more depth.

I am going to have to invest in a plastic cover for my keyboard. All this drool can't possibly be good for it.

These days I often find myself looking at the sky and thinking how much better looking the OFF clouds are than the real ones. :grin:

Only last night I saw a late TV program about what art is and how it came up.

It was highly philosophical, and a major statement was, that mankind seems to prefe

the way art transforms reality into something even "realler" for us human beings.

That IMHO is exactly what "Over Flanders Fields" does.

A fine Work of Art.

Okay, I say it: the scenery isn't good -

- it is no less but brilliant!

I may be repeating myself, but as a graphic designer I studied art for a bit too, and I have seen

many a computer game and many a sim, where the colours of the figures and craft were okay,

but the scenery was lacking this - vibrancy; this spiritedness.

Many a user may not be so aware, how hard it is to achieve this; how rarely it is achieved.

When I "come home" to my airfield", flying over the landscape, I enjoy "bathing in it"!

(It's not fair, Pol - for you, it is now 00:22 h, but for me it is already 02:22 h. So: good night!)

Edited by Olham

*munch munch munch*

I'm too busy eating my words about P4 needing a new engine to say how beautiful it looks. Stunning work gentleman. Truly a work of art.

Hellshade

I wonder how much performance hit will it cause compared to HiTR..?

Looking at that picture, I wonder, what the constallation of buildings is?

Looks like airfield barracks and hangars to me. Is this a new airfield, Pol, Winder?

The quality of the landscape and clouds in OFF, already, is definitely a factor in being able to stay absorbed, even on long reconnaissance flights. In my last mission the weather was all towering subtlely coloured clouds, but no actual rain, and the landscape colours muted by the haze. Made an absolute picture, especially with the sudden startling orange-red flash of the AA opening up in front of me! And if our current computer specs aren't up to it, well we're always saying we could do with another computer ...

Yes Olham Winder has been very busy on new airfields and other ground objects.

Stary re performance - all running very well so far but like you, we won't know all the ins and outs of requirements until it's done and all in there. So far so good.

Sweet!

An architect with a "green thumb" (as we say here for someone, who has a hand for gardening)!

Welcome to the OFF forums Thomas. New lads buy the drinks!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Welcome in the mess, Thomas! I'll have a virtual Warsteiner - a large one, please!

Are you patrolling "Over Flanders Fields" already, or yet only waiting and lurking?

I have to come back to the last posted screenshot.

If that is an airfield - and it looks like it is one ! - then we may be in for quite a surprise?

Maybe Winder has decided to use a different way of creating the fields?

A more open way, which isn't so hardware-hungry like the "runway decals" before?

And one that allows to create historical airfields without using too many resources?

Could that be?

Is this a dream? Or a clue? To something new?

PS: of course, it maybe only my brain running hot phantasizing about P4!

Had the same, when I was about twelve, and had got all the adventures of Tim & Struppi

(Tintin et Milou; Tintin and Snowy - does anyone know them not?)

I began dreaming new ones in my sleep. Really new; and drawn like from Hergé!

They'd be a coupla thousand pounds worth now! Maybe millions?

:rofl: